ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Bank Statement Issue - Pls Advice

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

npanglia

Bank Statement Issue - Pls Advice

Post by npanglia » Fri Apr 09, 2010 12:53 pm

Hi
Since I am applying for Tier 1 Visa next week, I asked my bank to issue me statement for last 12 months.
I did this in person by visiting the branch.

They generated the statement on plain paper with related details (Dot matrix printer) & stamped /signed the same.

However as per guidance notes, the letter must have Bank Logo in it, which is not the same in my statement.

Shall I be persistent and get letter from bank with their logo mentioned on the paper or current statement will suffice the criteria?

Please advice.

skomati

Post by skomati » Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:04 pm

My advise is just go to the bank again and request them to give the print out on headed paper and assk them to stamp and sign it...

Vega

Post by Vega » Sat Apr 10, 2010 6:04 pm

Same case for me too. ICICI gave a print on dot matrix. No logo. Stamped on each page. They say this is the best they can do at the branch I went to.

T1G_Aspire
Newly Registered

Post by T1G_Aspire » Sun Apr 11, 2010 7:12 am

You can make a request online for the statements. They are original, and will reach you in about 3/4 working days.

I did this with icici net banking and got the statements for my maintenance of funds.

T1G_Aspire
Newly Registered

Post by T1G_Aspire » Sun Apr 11, 2010 7:14 am

Or as an alternative you can also call the phone banking and place this request. They'll reach your communication address in 3/4 days (although they say it takes 7 days)

npanglia

Post by npanglia » Sun Apr 11, 2010 10:31 am

T1G_Aspire wrote:Or as an alternative you can also call the phone banking and place this request. They'll reach your communication address in 3/4 days (although they say it takes 7 days)
I spoke to them over the phone... and have advised if I need it urgently I should contact branch manager and they should print the statement in stationary containing Bank's Logo.

But trust me ICICI bank is stupid to issue such statements on plain paper. (Stamping alone is not a proof of genuineness)

muditmalhotra
Member of Standing

Post by muditmalhotra » Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:05 pm

npanglia wrote:
T1G_Aspire wrote:(Stamping alone is not a proof of genuineness)
verry true stamping alone is not enough !!
try getting it thru customer care probably it is on a paper with logo of bank !!
or just insist them, i think they also charge like other banks ( in my case SBI and AbnAmro) some nominal fees like 100 or so to give it.

do icici have a passbook ?? if so give it !!

npanglia

Post by npanglia » Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:25 am

I visited their branch and they issue me another statement, the format of which is pathetic (Print out getting out of page area, No A/c No. & name on each page of statement) and worst is they informed this is the best they can do. Kudos to ICICI Bank.

ANyways I contacted customer care and requested them to send me the original letter including specification. Expecting to receive in 3/4 WOrking days.

Vega

Post by Vega » Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:31 am

npanglia wrote:I visited their branch and they issue me another statement, the format of which is pathetic (Print out getting out of page area, No A/c No. & name on each page of statement) and worst is they informed this is the best they can do. Kudos to ICICI Bank.

ANyways I contacted customer care and requested them to send me the original letter including specification. Expecting to receive in 3/4 WOrking days.
I too put in a request for statement via courier through the netbanking site.

Hey, if you have the original statement then you won't need any letter to go with it. Right?

milindsm

Post by milindsm » Mon Apr 12, 2010 2:59 pm

I had the same issue...!!! I went to 3 branches...!!! At first branch they said they are running out of stationary (what the heck...you running a bank!!! ) having logo on it...!! so they gave it on blank paper with sign n stamp. I was not satisfied so I went to another branch where they had stationary with logo but their printer was misaligned :( finally I went to another branch where they had good stationary and a good printer...!!

MORAL: Don't loose hopes... try with another branch...!! don't talk to (so called) executives ...directly go to the manager...!!! I have read few cases on this forum where ppl got rejection due to bank statement without logo...so better play safe game...!!!

All the very best...!!!