ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Employment + Self Employment

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Sky_High
Member of Standing

ILR Employment + Self Employment

Post by Sky_High » Sat Apr 10, 2010 10:07 pm

If some one is on Tier 1 and has spent 4 years 7 months as Employee and now wants to start his own business. What evidences he should collect in next 4 months to apply for ILR?

He has all evidences to show his employment e.g. P60s, Salary Slips, Bank statements etc but what documents he should have for his self employment.

As business will be at first stages so there not be much trading. He will registered his company for VAT and will be the only director.

ilr_10
Newly Registered

Re: ILR Employment + Self Employment

Post by ilr_10 » Sun Apr 11, 2010 10:05 am

Hi Sky_High,

I have shown dividend vouchers, letter from Accountant and financial statement document from accountant showing all the details of business...tax year closing date was near to my ILR appointment 9 Apr, so it was easy as all the documents prepared at same time for tax purposes...so I gave all these.

VT

Sky_High wrote:If some one is on Tier 1 and has spent 4 years 7 months as Employee and now wants to start his own business. What evidences he should collect in next 4 months to apply for ILR?

He has all evidences to show his employment e.g. P60s, Salary Slips, Bank statements etc but what documents he should have for his self employment.

As business will be at first stages so there not be much trading. He will registered his company for VAT and will be the only director.

Sky_High
Member of Standing

Post by Sky_High » Sun Apr 11, 2010 11:10 am

Thanks for reply

Am I right to assume that you was trading for at least one year when you applied ILR. But in the above case. business will be at very initial stage and there will not be enough trading. Dividends , Year end audited accounts,tax documents are not possibilities.

ilr_10
Newly Registered

Post by ilr_10 » Sun Apr 11, 2010 11:28 am

I got contract in Jan..so I was working already by the time registration happend, so I had 3 months income as director..also had income from full time employment in the 2 months of that 3 months.
Sky_High wrote:Thanks for reply

Am I right to assume that you was trading for at least one year when you applied ILR. But in the above case. business will be at very initial stage and there will not be enough trading. Dividends , Year end audited accounts,tax documents are not possibilities.

Sky_High
Member of Standing

Post by Sky_High » Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:32 pm

At the end of Aug, If I send these following document, would it be fine?

Company registration documents
VAT registration documents
Salary slips (If I get some salary from company as director)
Personal Bank statement
Business Bank statement
Business management accounts with accountants letter

ilr_10
Newly Registered

Post by ilr_10 » Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:18 pm

in my case Accountant has given full financial statement document for company including profit, tax, expenses etc..I had to send him invoice for work, expenses, statements etc..based on these he prepared monthly payslips and 3 months company financial document for tax purposes which he is going to submit online later this month I think.

Sky_High wrote:At the end of Aug, If I send these following document, would it be fine?

Company registration documents
VAT registration documents
Salary slips (If I get some salary from company as director)
Personal Bank statement
Business Bank statement
Business management accounts with accountants letter