ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

transit visa stamp over valid tier 1 visa-confused pls help

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

vijaymorenau
Newly Registered

transit visa stamp over valid tier 1 visa-confused pls help

Post by vijaymorenau » Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:19 am

I have a uk tier 1 visa but I work in ireland.I have never used this visa except for entering uk once to look for a job and stayed for a week last year. Now the problem is I was coming from india and going to ireland and during the transit at heathrow the immigration officer gave me a transit visa(stamp) valid for 24 hours and told me that this will supersede(cancel) the earlier tier 1 visa I had. He has not put any cancel stamp on my tier1 visa but told me that it will automatically cancel. Now i am getting some good offer in uk and dont want to lose it. How do I make sure my visa is valid or cancelled as per what the immigration guy told me. There is 2 more years of validity remaining in that visa. I am sure he cannot do such a thing. Also I am not eligible for transit visa since i was going to ireland which is part of common travel area.Please suggest me ways to appeal against it and get my tier 1 reinstated.

Jk2007
BANNED

Post by Jk2007 » Sun Apr 11, 2010 12:08 pm

Can you post full details of your transit visa stamp including all wordings in it?

vijaymorenau
Newly Registered

Post by vijaymorenau » Sun Apr 11, 2010 1:42 pm

Hi JK2007,

It is a box which has Leave to enter/until -24 hours(handwritten)

some no, I think its his ref no which is handwritten

No recourse to public funds. Below that he has written TRANSIT ONLY

Under that the usual entry immigration seal with date and London heathrow and the officer on it.

UKBAbble

Post by UKBAbble » Sun Apr 11, 2010 10:46 pm

Your visa is still valid if the IO did not give you a written notice cancelling it.

vijaymorenau
Newly Registered

Post by vijaymorenau » Sun Apr 11, 2010 11:34 pm

But UKBAbble what about this? while first half is true the rest is not in my case

3.5.3 DOUBT CAST BY SUBSEQUENT APPLICATION IN ANOTHER CATEGORY ON INTENTION BEHIND ORIGINAL GRANT

http://www.ind.homeoffice.gov.uk/siteco ... iew=Binary

The new endorsement will supersede any previous leave and conditions, and therefore for clarity the new endorsement should be annotated to read "Leave varied to supersede previous endorsement on page …"

Mr Rusty
Diamond Member

Post by Mr Rusty » Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:36 am

I support UKbabble's opinion. Unless the visa was specifically cancelled, it remains valid. The IO gave you an entry stamp appropriate to the purpose for which you were seeking entry. You are still entitled to seek entry to the UK as a Tier 1 migrant, although you may expect some enquiries about your circumstances if you do so on a future occasion.

vijaymorenau
Newly Registered

Post by vijaymorenau » Tue Apr 13, 2010 6:24 pm

Hi Mr Rusty and UKbabble,

While I do understand that there are high chances that my tier 1 is still valid I want to confirm it from UK ba from their system so that the next time I try to enter with this visa I do not face issues at the immigration.

Will a subject acces request work in this case? I called the home office and the lady on the phone checked with her superiors and told me that it is still valid and I can have the phone conversation and her name as a proof as it was recorded.She did not take my name or any details to uniquely identify me.

Please tell me if there is a way to confirm this in writing.

INSIDER

Post by INSIDER » Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:41 am

Your Tier 1 visa is still valid as already stated.
Quite frankly the IO who dealt with you on the
control needs re-training,all he/she needed to do
was grant you entry on your tier 1 visa which would
have been perfectly satisfactory for you to proceed to Ireland.