ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

NARIC Certificate Letter Validity

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

pyare_16
Newly Registered
India

NARIC Certificate Letter Validity

Post by pyare_16 » Sat Apr 10, 2010 4:59 pm

Hi All,

I've applied for Letter of Comparability from NARIC on Jan 2008, due to the change of rules i could not apply for Tier 1 then, Right now i'm eligible for Tier 1 and i'm planning to apply. Is the old letter from NARIC is valid now or do i need to apply for a new one? Could some one please assist me on this.

:roll:

Thanks,
Pyare

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:15 pm

Read the Tier 1 policy guidance *carefully* on how you can claim points for your qualification (amongst other things).

regards

npanglia

Re: NARIC Certificate Letter Validity

Post by npanglia » Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:39 am

pyare_16 wrote:Hi All,

I've applied for Letter of Comparability from NARIC on Jan 2008, due to the change of rules i could not apply for Tier 1 then, Right now i'm eligible for Tier 1 and i'm planning to apply. Is the old letter from NARIC is valid now or do i need to apply for a new one? Could some one please assist me on this.

:roll:

Thanks,
Pyare
I haven't read any guidelines on how old NARIC letter can be. Hence I don't see a issue in presenting the letter.
However Senior please confirm.

pyare_16
Newly Registered
India

@sushdmehta

Post by pyare_16 » Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:38 pm

unfortunately, Guidelines does not have how old NARIC letter must be :-(

Also they are not clear if we need to submit NARIC letter if our universities exists in their dropdown..... More confusion :-)

r007
Newly Registered

Post by r007 » Fri Apr 16, 2010 1:59 pm

re: pyare_16

I have sent an email to NARIC recently and they have sent me the following reply.....Hope this helps

Dear Sir / Madam

Thank you for your email.

UK NARIC is the National Agency responsible for providing information and advice about vocational, academic and professional skills and qualifications from all over the world. We provide information about the equivalency of qualifications and skills from overseas to the UK's national qualifications frameworks.

Whilst qualification comparisons may change over time due to new research and information, the UK NARIC Statement of Comparability does not have a validity period. However, we are not aware of how the Home Office views UK NARIC Statements issued several months or years ago. For confirmation, we recommend you contact the Home Office directly.

English is the official language of the United Kingdom. The ability to speak English to a competent level is essential to ensure successful integration and progression in the UK. The UK NARIC English Language Assessment service is available to individuals who need to demonstrate their English language proficiency as set out by the Home Office.

The UK NARIC English Language Assessment provides an assessment and a statement:

• to confirm whether an individual's approved English language test meets the required level of English language proficiency. The Home Office list of approved English language tests can be found here: Tier 1 and Tier 2. Please note that we will not be able to assess any tests which are not included on these two lists.
• to confirm whether your degree (assessed by UK NARIC as being equivalent to a United Kingdom Bachelor degree) has been taught in English and meets the required level of English language proficiency. Please note that UK NARIC is not in a position to provide an English language assessment of overseas degrees which are comparable to UK Master’s and research degrees.

If you would like to use this service you can call us on (0044) (0)871 330 7033, Monday to Friday (between 9:00am and 5:00pm), to speak to an information officer and they will be happy to discuss this with you further. Detailed information on our service and the various steps to take can also be found here: http://www.naric.org.uk/index.asp?page=210

If you require an English language assessment from us you can apply to our organisation in two ways:

1) You can apply online through our website: www.naric.org.uk, where you can fill in our online application form with your personal details and pay by credit or debit card. You will receive a discount for applying online and the total price will be £40 if you live outside of the EU or £40 +VAT (£47.00) if you live within the EU.

You then need to forward us photocopies of all your academic documentation including your final transcripts and final certificates. If these are not in English, please include certified translations. We also need a photocopy of your English test certificate(s) OR evidence of the medium of instruction of your study. You may send these documents to us along with a print out of your online application form to our address which is:

UK NARIC
ORIEL HOUSE
ORIEL ROAD
CHELTENHAM
GLOS
GL50 1XP

pyare_16
Newly Registered
India

Post by pyare_16 » Sat Apr 17, 2010 11:29 am

@r007

> Whilst qualification comparisons may change over time due to new
> research and information, the UK NARIC Statement of Comparability does
> not have a validity period. However, we are not aware of how the Home
> Office views UK NARIC Statements issued several months or years ago.
> For confirmation, we recommend you contact the Home Office directly.

Yeah You are right, i spoke to NARIC and they said we do not have a say in it and only Home office can confirm you that. And Hoem office as usual, say latest documents would be the best. Also they said if the university is listed in the vfs database there wont be any need for the letters from NARIC nor my university. Thanks all for the help...

NARIC said they can give a new letter for a little payment of 14 pounds... if any one requires one like me, Please make use of it.... Thanks all for your support.

tier_2_applicant

re: pyare_16

Post by tier_2_applicant » Wed Jan 04, 2012 2:28 pm

Hello,

It is mentioned above that an updated version of an old NARIC certificate is vailable for 14 pounds.
Could you please let me know where I can find more information about this.
I called NARIC and they said reissue will require full payment.

Thanks a lot.

tier_2_applicant

Post by tier_2_applicant » Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:02 am

Could the moderators/senior members please help with my query above.

Thanks a lot.

pyare_16
Newly Registered
India

tier_2_applicant

Post by pyare_16 » Thu Jan 05, 2012 12:46 pm

Hi,

I had replied to your private message about the same query.

It was 1.5 years before i got that information, i do not know if the procedure is same now. If NARIC says that you need to pay full amount then yes you will have to, they are the deciding authority here. I understand the trouble, but it's how it is.. hope this helps.

If your university is not listed in the database, it is better to get the certificate from NARIC.

Regards,
Pyare

tier_2_applicant

Post by tier_2_applicant » Fri Jan 27, 2012 12:40 pm

Hi All,

Just want to confirm that certificate re-issue service is available for £14.40. It is not mentioned on the website and was not known to the call center staff.
Based on the information I got from pyare_16, I sent a mail to them and they were able to re-issue the certificate in 4 days time.
They even refunded the money that I had paid for the new application.

Thanks a lot for the information pyare_16.

nnj10

Post by nnj10 » Sun Feb 05, 2012 4:44 pm

Would this certificate re-issue service compare the overseas degrees against the latest UK curriculum, i.e. If my original certificate was issued 4 year+, should I get a new letter of comparability or just certificate re-issue?

tier_2_applicant

Post by tier_2_applicant » Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:23 am

They compared my degrees again (I know this for sure as I called them to check the progress of my inquiry and they said that while comparing they found that my Bachelors degree may now be equivalent to Bachelors (Hons.) and they are in the process of confirming that, hence the reissue was taking time).
The certificate was issued on current date, just that the case reference was the same as the previous one.
However, I do not remember if the letter mentioned anywhere that it was a case of 're-issue'.