ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK born child as ILR dependent

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

singhengr
Newly Registered

UK born child as ILR dependent

Post by singhengr » Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:33 am

Hi

I am applying soon for my ILR application along with my wife and son. I am on Tier 1 and my wife and son as Tier 1 dependents and our visas are vaild till Nov 2012.

One of my friend suggested me that I need not to apply ILR for my son who was born here in UK only and I can apply his British Passport soon after I get my ILR.

Please advice if I can do so which obviously saves me £154.00 as dependent fees on ILR application as we are planning to apply his British Passport soon after we get our ILR or his passport needed to be stamped with ILR first to get his British passport. Also if we dont apply his ILR with our application, will that cause any problems during our ILR interview?

Thanks in adcance.

Regards,

Bal

f2k
Diamond Member

Post by f2k » Mon Apr 12, 2010 3:55 pm

It is NOT necessary for your child to have ILR, so you can apply for him to be registered soon after you obtain ILR.

See Here

When are you due for ILR