ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Child Registration Success (MN1) For Child Born in Uk

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

TC

Post by TC » Fri Mar 26, 2010 6:52 am

RayJay wrote:
TC wrote:
petra wrote:
RayJay wrote:We have got PR (EEA route).
Older child born in UK before we got PR, younger one after we got PR.

Can we send MN1 for Older one now?
What about the younger one? Apply for Passport direct?

thanks
I think you are OK with the MN1 for the older child but am not sure about the Passport for younger as when applying for the passport they also ask for registration certificate which you do not have.
Joh, JaJ or other expert here can answer that question.
Good luck..
Second child is already British and hence no need for registration. Apply for passport directly with proof that parent had ILR at the time of birth.
Thanks petra and TC for your comments.

I am apllying for passport for the younger.

The older one already received "Registration Certificate" on blue card with covering letter "ECD.3107" when we got our PR(confirmation) last week.
So I am really confused now.
Can anybody please confirm what do you get after succesful MN1 application?
Which document and What is the covering letter no?

Regards
By what you are saying, it looks like you already have a registration certificate for your older child as well. One should not forget that there are special considerations for children born in UK to EEA parents. An expert or moderator could help?

Have a look at this document.

http://www.covlaw.org.uk/immigration/leaflets/imm33.pdf

RayJay

Post by RayJay » Fri Mar 26, 2010 3:40 pm

TC wrote:
RayJay wrote:
TC wrote:
petra wrote: I think you are OK with the MN1 for the older child but am not sure about the Passport for younger as when applying for the passport they also ask for registration certificate which you do not have.
Joh, JaJ or other expert here can answer that question.
Good luck..
Second child is already British and hence no need for registration. Apply for passport directly with proof that parent had ILR at the time of birth.

The older one already received "Registration Certificate" on blue card with covering letter "ECD.3107" when we got our PR(confirmation) last week.

Regards
By what you are saying, it looks like you already have a registration certificate for your older child as well. One should not forget that there are special considerations for children born in UK to EEA parents. An expert or moderator could help?

thanks TC I have read the same kind of info in MN1 guidance.
However I hope you are right, and thats why I am confused, I do not want to apply for something I already have.

Would anybody please share what document the child is issued after successful MN1 application? i.e. what the document called "Registration Certificate ?" and what the number of the covering letter that comes with if any.

Thanks

TC

Update

Post by TC » Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:34 pm

MN1 applications for two children born in UK for parents, who acquired ILR after the births.

NCS/Postal: Postal
Date of Application: Posted by Special Delivery on 4/03/2010
Date received by Home Office: 5/03/2010
Payment Processed: on 11/03/2010.
Acknowledgement Received: 17/03/2010. (dated 11/03 by 2nd class)
Phoned Home Office: on 25/03/2010 A very helpful lady said that a decision has already been made and documents posted on 23/03/2010
Two registration certificates received by separate 1st Class mails on 26/03/2010.

Thank God registration of my children as British Citizens has been successful. For others who apply for registration by post, I would recommend enclosing one of the parent's passport which has ILR stamp for sake of peace of mind.

When I was away I have also received a message from Secure Mail Services Ltd. to rearrange a delivery. I think it is our passports and other original documents.
Last edited by TC on Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TC

Post by TC » Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:41 pm

RayJay wrote:
TC wrote:
RayJay wrote:
TC wrote:

Regards

However I hope you are right, and thats why I am confused, I do not want to apply for something I already have.

Would anybody please share what document the child is issued after successful MN1 application? i.e. what the document called "Registration Certificate ?" and what the number of the covering letter that comes with if any.

Thanks
My Children's certificates say

Certificate of Registration
as
British Citizen

It is golden yellow in colour.

The covering letters are simple letters and do not have any number.

We are from outside EU. I hope this information is helpful

RayJay

Post by RayJay » Fri Apr 02, 2010 9:30 am

TC wrote:
RayJay wrote:
TC wrote:
RayJay wrote: Thanks petra and TC for your comments.

Regards

Thanks
My Children's certificates say

Certificate of Registration
as
British Citizen

It is golden yellow in colour.

The covering letters are simple letters and do not have any number.

We are from outside EU. I hope this information is helpful
congratulations and thanks for your replies.
So Its confirmed that I need to apply for my older child on MN1 under section 1(3).
there is some mention of it on wiki to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_na ... 06_onwards
All I need now is help filling the MN1 form :), I have already started another thread for it, could you please have a look and see if you could help too. (I think you did not apply under s1(3) but still)
regards

puneetk123
Newly Registered

Re: Update

Post by puneetk123 » Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:12 pm

We were blessed with twins, born in UK, on 21st Dec 2009 & during that time our (parents only) application for "Indefinite Leave to Remain" was under process. We received our settlement on 13th Jan 2010.

My query is, to register our twins as British Citizen
1) Do we first need to apply for her non-British Passport
2) Get it endorsed with "ILR" visa - I think this not required judged by your response.
3) Or can we straight away apply for registration as British Citizen by submitting form MN1. If yes, then I assume child's present nationality (Section 1 of form MN1, clause 1.9) will be same as that of her parents even though we don't have her passport & as her proof of identity we have her UK birth certificate.
4) Do I need to submit 2 applications with separate fees (£460+£460)
Thanks in advance for your guidance.
TC wrote:MN1 applications for two children born in UK for parents, who acquired ILR after the births.

Date of Application: Posted by Special Delivery on 4/03/2010
Date received by Home Office: 5/03/2010
Payment Processed: on 11/03/2010.
Acknowledgement Received: 17/03/2010. (dated 11/03 by 2nd class)
Phoned Home Office: on 25/03/2010 A very helpful lady said that a decision has already been made and documents posted on 23/03/2010
Two registration certificates received by separate 1st Class mails on 26/03/2010.

Thank God registration of my children as British Citizens has been successful. For others who apply for registration by post, I would recommend enclosing one of the parent's passport which has ILR stamp for sake of peace of mind.

When I was away I have also received a message from Secure Mail Services Ltd. to rearrange a delivery. I think it is our passports and other original documents.

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:34 pm

There is no need to obtain non-British passports for the twins, or to get them ILR. There is an entitlement to British Citizenship, under section 1(3).

Fee? Take a look at this UKBA document, where you will see that the fee will be £567 .... assuming the applications are made at the same time .... and of course they will be!
John

puneetk123
Newly Registered

Post by puneetk123 » Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:14 pm

Many thanks for the prompt response John. Would the following suffice in terms of the other things required along with the applications?
Mandatory-
  • Birth Certificates
    4 Photos (2 each)
    Marriage Certificate
    2 Referrals
    Fathers Passport
John wrote:There is no need to obtain non-British passports for the twins, or to get them ILR. There is an entitlement to British Citizenship, under section 1(3).

Fee? Take a look at this UKBA document, where you will see that the fee will be £567 .... assuming the applications are made at the same time .... and of course they will be!

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:21 pm

Yes, that looks to be the complete list.

I think you will be surprised just how quickly entitlement applications under section 1(3) are dealt with ..... usually well less than a month. And why not, there is no discretion for UKBA to exercise ... instead just a simple need to check documents, showing for example that you do indeed have ILR, and the births were in the UK.
John

amreenmalik

Post by amreenmalik » Mon Apr 12, 2010 2:16 pm

Dear All,
I am Indian recently got ILR including my wife and a child born in U.K.
I am planning to apply for British passport for my child.
Should I first apply for registration with MN1 form and then go for British passport or can I go for British passport straight away.
Please advice.
Thanks.

bobo77

Post by bobo77 » Mon Apr 12, 2010 2:22 pm

amreenmalik wrote:Dear All,
I am Indian recently got ILR including my wife and a child born in U.K.
I am planning to apply for British passport for my child.
Should I first apply for registration with MN1 form and then go for British passport or can I go for British passport straight away.
Please advice.
Thanks.
We need to know which came first, your ILR or your child?

amreenmalik

Post by amreenmalik » Mon Apr 12, 2010 2:33 pm

First, the child was born two years ago.
Got ILR last week for all of us.

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Mon Apr 12, 2010 3:01 pm

Thanks for that. Your child is not yet British but there is an entitlement for Registration as British, under section 1(3).

A quick and easy procedure, and pain-free, apart from the cost of the application! Section 1(3) applications are taking less than a month to be processed.

Having received the Certificate of Registration, then a British Passport can be obtained.
John

amreenmalik

Post by amreenmalik » Mon Apr 12, 2010 3:52 pm

John wrote:Thanks for that. Your child is not yet British but there is an entitlement for Registration as British, under section 1(3).

A quick and easy procedure, and pain-free, apart from the cost of the application! Section 1(3) applications are taking less than a month to be processed.

Having received the Certificate of Registration, then a British Passport can be obtained.
Thanks for that John.
So I must use the MN1 form to apply for the registration as British. But I could not find the payment page in the application. Could somebody please tell me where can I find the payment page and please confirm the amount as well.

Thanks.

bobo77

Post by bobo77 » Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:06 pm

amreenmalik wrote:
John wrote:Thanks for that. Your child is not yet British but there is an entitlement for Registration as British, under section 1(3).

Thanks for that John.
So I must use the MN1 form to apply for the registration as British. But I could not find the payment page in the application. Could somebody please tell me where can I find the payment page and please confirm the amount as well.

Thanks.
get the payment slip here:

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/?requ ... &Submit=Go

puneetk123
Newly Registered

Post by puneetk123 » Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:15 pm

Thanks again John. Another question - I have got a referral from a friend of mine but it is very hard to get a second referral from some one who knows the children in professional capacity. Because the GP, kids are registered with, has declined to provide referral as they don't want to disclose their personal details. Is there any guidance in situation like these?

Many thanks in advance.
John wrote:Yes, that looks to be the complete list.

I think you will be surprised just how quickly entitlement applications under section 1(3) are dealt with ..... usually well less than a month. And why not, there is no discretion for UKBA to exercise ... instead just a simple need to check documents, showing for example that you do indeed have ILR, and the births were in the UK.

Simpson246
Newly Registered

Post by Simpson246 » Tue Apr 13, 2010 11:50 pm

RAJ2007 wrote:aaanjoo,

3. If the child is born before parents got ILR, then he needs to apply for MN1 and then apply for British PP.
Could you please guide me on this, I will be applying for ILR on 5 yrs WP basis in Oct 2010. Along with wife who has been a dependant since May 2007. son born in UK in May 2009, his dependant visa also expires in November 2010. Can I exclude him whilst my case is being processed for ILR and then apply for MN1? and what is his immigration status during this time. Or should I include him as well for ILR and take it from there?

Thanks in advance,
Simpson

bobo77

Post by bobo77 » Wed Apr 14, 2010 1:02 pm

Simpson246 wrote:

3. If the child is born before parents got ILR, then he needs to apply for MN1 and then apply for British PP.
Could you please guide me on this, I will be applying for ILR on 5 yrs WP basis in Oct 2010. Along with wife who has been a dependant since May 2007. son born in UK in May 2009, his dependant visa also expires in November 2010. Can I exclude him whilst my case is being processed for ILR and then apply for MN1? and what is his immigration status during this time. Or should I include him as well for ILR and take it from there?

Thanks in advance,
Simpson
How come your visa expires in Oct and his in Nov

But I dont see why you shoudnt apply for his ILR when you apply for yours.

f2k
Diamond Member

Post by f2k » Wed Apr 14, 2010 5:00 pm

Simpson246 wrote:

Thanks in advance,
Simpson
It is NOT necessary for you to apply for child's ILR.

@bobo77 it cost another £129 (postal) / £154 (premium) per dependent so that is something to consider. I think the OP will be applying in Oct 2010 some 28 days b4 visa expires in Nov

f2k
Diamond Member

Post by f2k » Wed Apr 14, 2010 5:02 pm

amreenmalik wrote: Thanks for that John.

Thanks.
Current Price List and Form

Simpson246
Newly Registered

Post by Simpson246 » Wed Apr 14, 2010 9:51 pm

f2k wrote:
Simpson246 wrote:

Thanks in advance,
Simpson

@bobo77 it cost another £129 (postal) / £154 (premium) per dependent so that is something to consider. I think the OP will be applying in Oct 2010 some 28 days b4 visa expires in Nov
Thanks bobo77 and Raj,
Yes, I will be applying in Oct., i.e. 28 days prior, and all our Visas are valid till November.
Will there be any immigration status/further issues for my son if I exclude him in our application for ILR?.
Regards.

bobo77

Post by bobo77 » Thu Apr 15, 2010 1:38 pm

Simpson246 wrote:
f2k wrote:
Simpson246 wrote:

Thanks in advance,
Simpson

Thanks bobo77 and Raj,
Yes, I will be applying in Oct., i.e. 28 days prior, and all our Visas are valid till November.
Will there be any immigration status/further issues for my son if I exclude him in our application for ILR?.
Regards.
I don't think there will be any issue but I think it just makes sense to let the kids have ILR so everything is ticked, If you are willing to pay the £120 of course

bobo77

Post by bobo77 » Thu Apr 15, 2010 1:44 pm

puneetk123 wrote:Thanks again John. Another question - I have got a referral from a friend of mine but it is very hard to get a second referral from some one who knows the children in professional capacity. Because the GP, kids are registered with, has declined to provide referral as they don't want to disclose their personal details. Is there any guidance in situation like these?

Many thanks in advance.
John wrote:Yes, that looks to be the complete list.

I had the same problem, I called and I was told to get another friend to sign.

bobo77

Re: Registration

Post by bobo77 » Sun Apr 18, 2010 1:36 am

bobo77 wrote:
  • MN1 applications
  • 2 children born in UK
  • Parents aquired ILR after the births.
Date of Application: Posted [Special Delivery] on 22/03/2010
Date received by Home Office: 23/03/2010

Will update as soon as I have any news
15 April 2010 = UKBA returned [passports.
17 April 2010 = Received Certificates

Will apply for passport on Monday

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Sun Apr 18, 2010 6:56 am

Yet more proof that entitlement applications under section 1(3) are taking less than one month to process.

Congratulations!
John