ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Postal Application

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

santosh_kalluri
Mood:
India

ILR Postal Application

Post by santosh_kalluri » Sun Apr 11, 2010 4:31 pm

Hi Guys,

I am planning to do a postal app as I couldnt get an appt at any of the PEO's in a month's time. Have few questions...

1) Whats the avg waiting time? My app is not a straight forward, I had 5months break and I have supplied doctor's and my employer's letter stating the reason.

2) I tried my best to collate all the bank statements in original but I couldnt find few months'. can I use photocopies/online statements (unstamped by bank) for a month or 2? are they very strict in checking the stamps and other stuff?

3) I have few (1/2yrs) P60's and P45's that overlap my statements, I wouldnt mind including them, would that be of any help?

4) My application with all these statements and forms is weighing upto 2Kgs of documents :) is it safe to do a postal application? will they call me for an appt if they are not happy with the evidence? Will they even look at the 2kg load of documents??? ;)

Many Thanks Guys,
Santosh.

sa

Post by sa » Mon Apr 12, 2010 2:47 pm

which category.if premium appt is available inur category it would be unwise to even consider postal application.

santosh_kalluri
Mood:
India

Post by santosh_kalluri » Mon Apr 12, 2010 4:03 pm

sa wrote:which category.if premium appt is available inur category it would be unwise to even consider postal application.
I am applying under SET (O) excluding long residency/ the regular SET (O).

well if I dont have my P60s for all years I guess I have no other go but to send all documents, dont I?

vinseh

Post by vinseh » Mon Apr 12, 2010 4:40 pm

santosh_kalluri wrote:
sa wrote:which category.if premium appt is available inur category it would be unwise to even consider postal application.

well if I dont have my P60s for all years I guess I have no other go but to send all documents, dont I?
hi, you've still not mentioned the category you are applying in. Is it 5 yrs WP OR HSMP OR Tier 1 or combination of 2 or more categories? You need to provide some more details as to what the 5 month gap was for etc so someone can advise you accordingly.

santosh_kalluri
Mood:
India

Post by santosh_kalluri » Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:33 pm

vinseh wrote:
santosh_kalluri wrote:

hi, you've still not mentioned the category you are applying in. Is it 5 yrs WP OR HSMP OR Tier 1 or combination of 2 or more categories? You need to provide some more details as to what the 5 month gap was for etc so someone can advise you accordingly.
Hi,

Sorry here are my deets...

I am applying under HSMP (approved before 6th Nov 2006) I was on a WP frm 2005-2006 break from Oct-06 to March 07 (medical leave) FLR stamped in Jan 07 to Jan 09, Tier 1 from Jan 09 to Jan 2012.

5 month gap was an unpaid leave (medical emergency) I had a surgery in India I have letters from employer and doctor.

Thanks.

bani

Post by bani » Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:48 pm

santosh_kalluri wrote: Hi,

I am applying under HSMP (approved before 6th Nov 2006) I was on a WP frm 2005-2006 break from Oct-06 to March 07 (medical leave) FLR stamped in Jan 07 to Jan 09, Tier 1 from Jan 09 to Jan 2012.

5 month gap was an unpaid leave (medical emergency) I had a surgery in India I have letters from employer and doctor.

Thanks.
Did you have a valid WP during your medical leave? Did that WP overlap with your HSMP stamp?

If yes to both questions, you should be OK with the gap.

You don't need the whole 5 years' bank statements. Just the last 12 months (maybe even 3-6 months but I submitted 12).

Ideally, send P60s for all 5 years then payslips from time not covered by P60s.

Letters from current and previous employers with the dates and salary details are important.

It shouldn't weigh 2kg. You need to trim down your documents. It will make your application look more complicated than it is. I think mine was under 500g without the set(O) application form (which is heavy).

santosh_kalluri
Mood:
India

Post by santosh_kalluri » Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:15 pm

bani wrote:
santosh_kalluri wrote: Hi,

Thanks.
Did you have a valid WP during your medical leave? Did that WP overlap with your HSMP stamp?

If yes to both questions, you should be OK with the gap.

You don't need the whole 5 years' bank statements. Just the last 12 months (maybe even 3-6 months but I submitted 12).

Ideally, send P60s for all 5 years then payslips from time not covered by P60s.

Letters from current and previous employers with the dates and salary details are important.

It shouldn't weigh 2kg. You need to trim down your documents. It will make your application look more complicated than it is. I think mine was under 500g without the set(O) application form (which is heavy).
Thanks a lot for your reply and the answer is yes to both ques.

My WP was valid until Jan 15th 07, I got my HSMP stamped on Jan 11th 07. I got the letter from employer that I was working until my return, but I left the company after I came back and was out of employment for a month, then started working from April-07 till date.

one of my P45s from my prev employer states that my last date of work was 13th Oct (2 days before I left on medical leave) do you suggest including that?

Doesn't that give a negative impression that my employment stopped in Oct-06 (before I went on my Med-leave?

I have another P45 from April 07 to May 07 (temp employment)

since May 07 I have been on a perm work and have P60 for 2007 to 08.

Also have a P60 from 2005 to 2006.

What do you reckon?

Thanks.

bani

Post by bani » Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:33 pm

If you include the P45, you'll have to explain it because it causes a problem. If you left your company in Oct 06, that means your WP was already invalid after that. It broke your continuity.

It is better to say you were on unpaid medical leave but still employed.

Btw, was your HSMP stamped in the UK(FLR) or did you get an entry clearance from British embassy in India?

Other P45 and P60s OK. If you can get letters from those employers, it would help too.

santosh_kalluri
Mood:
India

Post by santosh_kalluri » Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:24 am

bani wrote:If you include the P45, you'll have to explain it because it causes a problem. If you left your company in Oct 06, that means your WP was already invalid after that. It broke your continuity.

Btw, was your HSMP stamped in the UK(FLR) or did you get an entry clearance from British embassy in India?

Other P45 and P60s OK. If you can get letters from those employers, it would help too.
Yes, My FLR was stamped in India (Jan 11th 2007), does it matter ?

santosh_kalluri
Mood:
India

Post by santosh_kalluri » Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:11 pm

Hi again,

Do they ask for the Bank statements for the time I was away from UK? I wouldnt have my payslips becoz I was on Unpaid leave. I couldnt collect my bank statements after I came back in March 07.

Pls advise if its of any use by calling my bank and getting a duplicate statements for that period? (is there any point of getting them if I was out of job/country?)

Thanks for your patience and time.

santosh_kalluri
Mood:
India

Urgent Request

Post by santosh_kalluri » Wed Apr 14, 2010 1:48 pm

bani wrote:If you include the P45, you'll have to explain it because it causes a problem. If you left your company in Oct 06, that means your WP was already invalid after that. It broke your continuity.

Hi,

About the temp P45 (Apr - May, 2007), I was contracting for Brent council but my accts were done by Parasol for 1 month. Now, what if I dont mention about the new P45 (2007) that I was working and avoid this confusion? would that matter at all?

Thanks a lot,
Santosh.