ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Bring my old Parents

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Rajuk09
Member of Standing

Bring my old Parents

Post by Rajuk09 » Mon Apr 12, 2010 2:08 pm

Dear Friends,

I want to bring my My Father aged 62 , Mother aged 52 living in India alone.

We are 4 children for them,

Myself , working in UK for last 2.5 years and have 3 more years visa in( Tier 1 category)
My wife living with me as dependant

Brother 1- Living in UK as dependant for Tier 1-(Have 2.5 years more visa left)

Brother 2 - Living in India , he is ON and OFF to UK for Work - as he is in IntraCompany Transer Visa (Tier 2 - Have 2.5 years more visa left)

Sister 1 - Living in UK as dependant for Tier 1-(Have 2.5 years more visa left)

My question is Can I bring my parents here to stay with me ? Or is it mandatory for me (or all others ) to have British Citizen ship ?

Please advice,

Kind regards

Raj

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Mon Apr 12, 2010 2:21 pm

visa? Or Permanantly? Perm will be practially impossible for anyone under 65, and a failed app with resulrt in visit visa denials, the assumption being the parties will not return......
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

Rajuk09
Member of Standing

Post by Rajuk09 » Mon Apr 12, 2010 2:46 pm

Wanderer wrote:visa? Or Permanantly? Perm will be practially impossible for anyone under 65, and a failed app with resulrt in visit visa denials, the assumption being the parties will not return......
Hi wanderer,

Thanks for the quick reply , So I understand permanantly is not possible, What about visa for them as my ( all y siblings) dependant with the visa validity of my validity ? So that they can stay with me as dependant till I am in UK ? please advice,

Kind regards

Raj

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Mon Apr 12, 2010 3:20 pm

Forgot to add as well as the above you need at least ILR for Elderly Relative visa, plus it's £1600 each now...

For visit you'll need to prove you can accomodate them - ie a spare room and you have the finances to pay for their stay, unless they are funding it themselves.

Rajuk09
Member of Standing

Post by Rajuk09 » Mon Apr 12, 2010 3:38 pm

Wanderer wrote:Forgot to add as well as the above you need at least ILR for Elderly Relative visa, plus it's £1600 each now...

For visit you'll need to prove you can accomodate them - ie a spare room and you have the finances to pay for their stay, unless they are funding it themselves.
Hi wanderer,

Think u missed this,
"What about visa for them as my ( all y siblings) dependant with the visa validity of my validity ? So that they can stay with me as dependant till I am in UK ? please advice,

Kind regards

Raj"
If you could answer for this it would be great.

Cheers

Raj

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Mon Apr 12, 2010 3:52 pm

Rajuk09 wrote:
Wanderer wrote:Forgot to add as well as the above you need at least ILR for Elderly Relative visa, plus it's £1600 each now...

Hi wanderer,

Think u missed this,
"What about visa for them as my ( all y siblings) dependant with the visa validity of my validity ? So that they can stay with me as dependant till I am in UK ? please advice,

Kind regards

Raj"

Cheers

Raj
Sorry, don't understand the last part - can you rephrase it?

Rajuk09
Member of Standing

Post by Rajuk09 » Mon Apr 12, 2010 4:21 pm

Wanderer wrote:
Rajuk09 wrote:

Hi wanderer,

Think u missed this,

Kind regards

Raj"

Cheers

Raj
Sorry, don't understand the last part - can you rephrase it?
I meant , Just like how I got visa for my wife as dependant (valid till mine) , can I bring my parents too as my dependants till I live here in UK ? as we all (my siblings) live here ?

regards

Raj

MPH80
Respected Guru

Post by MPH80 » Mon Apr 12, 2010 4:29 pm

No - in order for them to come as your dependants - given they are under 65 they must satisfy the ECO that they are in the most exceptional compassionate circumstances (e.g. exceptionally dependant/ill).

http://www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/partne ... relatives/

The UK does not have a family reunion visa (which is what you're asking for really).

And as has already been said - any attempt to gain this visa may result in further visitor visa refusals when you are refused.

Even if you become a citizen, no further options open up for you.

If you can wait until your father is over 65, and prove that they are completely financially dependant on you and there is *no one* who can look after them in India (even cousins etc are considered), then you could look at utilising this visa, but the bar is very high in order to get accepted.

M.

Rajuk09
Member of Standing

Post by Rajuk09 » Mon Apr 12, 2010 4:37 pm

MPH80 wrote:No - in order for them to come as your dependants - given they are under 65 they must satisfy the ECO that they are in the most exceptional compassionate circumstances (e.g. exceptionally dependant/ill).

http://www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/partne ... relatives/

The UK does not have a family reunion visa (which is what you're asking for really).

And as has already been said - any attempt to gain this visa may result in further visitor visa refusals when you are refused.

Even if you become a citizen, no further options open up for you.

If you can wait until your father is over 65, and prove that they are completely financially dependant on you and there is *no one* who can look after them in India (even cousins etc are considered), then you could look at utilising this visa, but the bar is very high in order to get accepted.

M.
Hi MPH80, Thanks for the clear explanation. I will wait for my ILR and also for my father to reach 65 yrs old (both comes at the same time).

cheers

Raj

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Mon Apr 12, 2010 4:40 pm

Both parents have to be over 65.....

Rajuk09
Member of Standing

Post by Rajuk09 » Mon Apr 12, 2010 4:58 pm

Wanderer wrote:Both parents have to be over 65.....
My God !!! , Is it ???? thats a shame and really a bad rule for lot of people who love their parents with them in UK ... I cant beleive that ... So there is no other way ??? :-(

regards

Raj

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Mon Apr 12, 2010 5:05 pm

The Immigration rules states that they have to be 65 or over, therefore to say they have to be over 65 is strictly speaking an incomplete or incorrect statement.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

PaperPusher
Respected Guru

Post by PaperPusher » Mon Apr 12, 2010 5:10 pm

No there is not. To sponsor parents you have to have ILR.

If it means so much to be with parents, then one of the family could stay with them in India. The choice is parents or career, can't have both. My question would be, how much do your parents mean to you, or can you all in fact actually get by on visits.

No sponsorship is possible under the dependent parent route until one sibling has ILR and at least one parent is 65. Even then all the other requirements would also have to be met.

If you want to migrate with your parents you could find a country that provides for this, but I do not think there will be many.

MPH80
Respected Guru

Post by MPH80 » Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:17 pm

Wanderer wrote:Both parents have to be over 65.....
No they don't.
(c) parents or grandparents travelling together of whom at least one is aged 65 or over; or
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/polic ... sandother/

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:00 pm

Apologies. My bad.....

Rajuk09
Member of Standing

Post by Rajuk09 » Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:18 pm

Wanderer wrote:Apologies. My bad.....
Thanks for all the clarifications

regards

Raj

vito0514

Post by vito0514 » Tue Apr 13, 2010 11:24 am

Last edited by vito0514 on Tue Oct 12, 2010 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

desertman

Post by desertman » Tue Apr 13, 2010 3:27 pm

I am in UK on Tier 1 skilled and 2 years left for ILR. My father is now arnd 67 years and mother s arnd 58.

how much r the chances if apply for them as my dependants ?

My other two brothers r n also in uk, one s on student visa, other one is on Tier 1 psw.

Please advice under these circumstances should I apply for them or not?

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Tue Apr 13, 2010 3:52 pm

desertman wrote:I am in UK on Tier 1 skilled and 2 years left for ILR. My father is now arnd 67 years and mother s arnd 58.

how much r the chances if apply for them as my dependants ?

My other two brothers r n also in uk, one s on student visa, other one is on Tier 1 psw.

Please advice under these circumstances should I apply for them or not?
You need to have your ILR first. No chance till then.