ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Lost passport and citizneship

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

centennial

Lost passport and citizneship

Post by centennial » Fri Mar 26, 2010 9:13 pm

Hello,

Last month while trip to my native country unfortunately I have lost my passport and entered in the UK on returning resident visa which says indefinite leave to enter valid for 2 years.

Background
I have entered in UK on 18th july'05 as hsmp holder and will be eligible for citizenship on 18th july, 2010 (ILR JR).

As i said I have lost my passport so don’t have all records of my departures and entry so could someone please tell I will justify this during my naturalisation application. Will this lost passport issue will create any problem for my application. Could someone please advice on this?

Thanks in advance,
centennial

bani

Post by bani » Sat Apr 03, 2010 12:56 am

Luckily, you already have ILR so 4 years of residency has already been checked for absences. As long as you remember those dates and write them down, Nationality team can verify it with ILR team (if they want to).

It would be important to prove that you were here on 18 July 2005. Do you have a photocopy of your old passport, old visa and stamp from that date of arrival? Or can your employer from that time say that you were on their payroll from then? If not, I would consider getting a SAR = subject access request (there is a sticky thread on this in every forum group). I would specifically ask for a copy of your landing card and arrival data from 18/7/05, your HSMP extension application and caseworker notes, your ILR application and caseworker notes.

Happened to me too, I lost my passport after my first HSMP extension. I got the SAR before ILR and sent the copies again prior to my citizenship app. No problems or delays encountered. So it should be fine, good luck.

tonytee

Post by tonytee » Sun Apr 11, 2010 3:15 pm

Bani,

In respect of a lost passport, pls confirm if a photocopy of the entry stamp of the UK border agency could confirm the date of initial entry into the UK.

Regards.

Tony

bani

Post by bani » Mon Apr 12, 2010 5:08 pm

tonytee wrote:Bani,

In respect of a lost passport, pls confirm if a photocopy of the entry stamp of the UK border agency could confirm the date of initial entry into the UK.

Regards.

Tony
hi tony,

I'm not sure. What I used was different -- a photocopy of the actual landing card and a print out of my landing record -- both obtained from the SAR unit so they are "attested" copies.

If you have other proof -- letter from school or employer from that time of your initial entry, bank statement from that month of initial entry to UK, it would be better.

Otherwise, if it's for ILR or citizenship, I'd get a SAR.

centennial

hi

Post by centennial » Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:35 pm

Many thanks for your help Bani. I have already send request for SAR report along with £10 check.

hi tony,

I'm not sure. What I used was different -- a photocopy of the actual landing card and a print out of my landing record -- both obtained from the SAR unit so they are "attested" copies.

If you have other proof -- letter from school or employer from that time of your initial entry, bank statement from that month of initial entry to UK, it would be better.

Otherwise, if it's for ILR or citizenship, I'd get a SAR.[/quote]

tonytee

Post by tonytee » Tue Apr 13, 2010 6:25 pm

Thanks Bani,

As a point of info, i got ILR with the photocopy of the Border Agency arrival stamp. However it appears i have to get a SAR report for citizenship.

Cheers

Tony