ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Distance Learning an allowed option for claiming points?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

hsmp_quick
Newly Registered

Distance Learning an allowed option for claiming points?

Post by hsmp_quick » Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:12 pm

Hello Everyone,
Couple of questions...
1) Is distance learning an allowed option for claiming points? I have M.S. Software Systems from BITS Pilani -- is this good enough to claim 35 points?

2) For the bank statement reflecting salary credit, is it a must that the statement will contain my company's name from which the salary came?

Thanks and Regards

vks

Re: Distance Learning an allowed option for claiming points?

Post by vks » Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:16 pm

hsmp_quick wrote:Hello Everyone,
Couple of questions...
1) Is distance learning an allowed option for claiming points? I have M.S. Software Systems from BITS Pilani -- is this good enough to claim 35 points?

Can you find the degree in PBS calculator? If yes, then you are good to go!

2) For the bank statement reflecting salary credit, is it a must that the statement will contain my company's name from which the salary came?

Yes! How would HO know if the salary has been credited by the company?

Thanks and Regards
Regards,
vks

hsmp_quick
Newly Registered

Re: Distance Learning an allowed option for claiming points?

Post by hsmp_quick » Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:37 pm

Hi vks,
Thanks for that. I did see the degree in PBS Calculator and looks like they do not make any distinction between distance and on-campus learning.

For the salary part looks to me then I have an issue, 'cause the bank statements are not reflecting the company's name. Any workarounds?

Thanks and Regards,
Arpan

vks wrote:
hsmp_quick wrote:Hello Everyone,
Couple of questions...

Can you find the degree in PBS calculator? If yes, then you are good to go!

Yes! How would HO know if the salary has been credited by the company?

Thanks and Regards

arsenal49
Diamond Member

Post by arsenal49 » Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:45 pm

why dont they show company's name on statement? get a letter from employer saying why thats the case unless you or your employer is trying to hide something!!

regards

hsmp_quick
Newly Registered

Post by hsmp_quick » Tue Apr 13, 2010 4:48 am

What comes in the salary slip is "Salary Credit for Month of XX" and then the money. What can I do here? Going to the bank today to figure things out.
arsenal49 wrote:why dont they show company's name on statement? get a letter from employer saying why thats the case unless you or your employer is trying to hide something!!

regards