ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier1 dependent visa final check plz

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ginger.garlic

Tier1 dependent visa final check plz

Post by ginger.garlic » Mon Apr 12, 2010 3:13 pm

I am going to India and need to apply my wife Tier 1 (General) dependent visa from there.
Please confirm if following documents are sufficient or not
- VAF10 form
- Original Passport
- My Passport and visa copy
- Her recent photo
- Letter from the UK bank for maintenance fund.
- Stamped bank statement of last 3 month
- 6 months original payslips.
- Original Marriage certificate.
- Initial tenancy agreement.

I have maintained £3000 in my account,I am in UK from more then a year I think only £800+£533 = £1333 is required in this case,please confirm?
I'll be applying her visa by April end in vfs office Delhi.
Is 20 days old letter from the UK bank for maintenance fund is ok or do I need to arrange latest bank statement again at that time?

Thanks you to all of you for you help and support during my tier-1 processing and I know same will be now.

vks

Re: Tier1 dependent visa final check plz

Post by vks » Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:14 pm

ginger.garlic wrote:I am going to India and need to apply my wife Tier 1 (General) dependent visa from there.
- VAF10 form
- Original Passport
- Her recent photo

I have maintained £3000 in my account,I am in UK from more then a year I think only £800+£533 = £1333 is required in this case,please confirm?
Is 20 days old letter from the UK bank for maintenance fund is ok or do I need to arrange latest bank statement again at that time?

Thanks you to all of you for you help and support during my tier-1 processing and I know same will be now.

All seems OK. The bank statement should not be more than a month before applying.

IMO, your passport may not be needed. You may need submit only the passport copy and Visa. Anyways, VFS will guide you! All the best!
Regards,
vks

ashish2010

Post by ashish2010 » Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:02 pm

You may also want to include your P60 form, utility bills, birth certificate of both yourself and your wife, wedding photographs if you are newly wedded couple.

ashish2010

Post by ashish2010 » Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:03 pm

Lastly please be advised that it is taking anywhere from 15 to 90 days as of now to process work permit or tier1 dependent visas

guddu84
Newly Registered

Re: Tier1 dependent visa final check plz

Post by guddu84 » Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:40 pm

ginger.garlic wrote:I am going to India and need to apply my wife Tier 1 (General) dependent visa from there.
- VAF10 form
- Original Passport
- Her recent photo

Regarding the fund maintenance point: I am not sure that UK bank statement of your is enough, because you are applying separately from India.
This question is still in my mind that 'Should account holder be in the spouse name or Your account is enough?" Please help on this topic, because I also have to face same situation in October. So any pointer just update me.

ginger.garlic

Post by ginger.garlic » Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:14 pm

As per home office guidance I think main applicant account statement will be ok, but I want to know what amount is required for maintenance fund?

I have switched my visa within UK from WP to Tier1 in Nov 2009. On tier 1 visa I have been in UK from last 5 months and in which I have been to India for 1 month so do I need to show £1600+£800 or £800+£533? Please confirm

ifti12

Post by ifti12 » Sun Apr 18, 2010 5:15 pm

ginger.garlic wrote:As per home office guidance I think main applicant account statement will be ok, but I want to know what amount is required for maintenance fund?

I have switched my visa within UK from WP to Tier1 in Nov 2009. On tier 1 visa I have been in UK from last 5 months and in which I have been to India for 1 month so do I need to show £1600+£800 or £800+£533? Please confirm
If the tier 1 has been outside the UK or in UK for less than 12 months than £1600+£800 else £800+£533. If you are in UK for more than 12 months including both visas work permit and tier 1 than I think £800+£533 is fine.
[/img]