ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Processing time for dependent visa

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

aries2010
Newly Registered

Post by aries2010 » Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:08 pm

Vamiq.khan wrote:Dear Mcaibuq2 and Aries2010

Friends. In the last 4 months i have paid my phone bills, i withdraw cash for for multi purposes, I have paid my credit card bills and also received payments from my work. This account is my normal account not a saving. kindly suggest me as what course of action should i consider at this stage as I am going for Rukhsati in mid July this year .

For your clearification. I can download and send my bank statements. Bank Statements covered period of 5 Oct 2009 to 25 Jan 2010. Where last 10 days (15 Jan to 25 Jan) were get printed by visiting a local branch and that was stamped by the bank.

With Regards
Vamiq
In such case, u shld make an appeal.

mcaibuq2

Post by mcaibuq2 » Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:27 pm

Vamiq.khan wrote:Dear Mcaibuq2 and Aries2010

Friends. In the last 4 months i have paid my phone bills, i withdraw cash for for multi purposes, I have paid my credit card bills and also received payments from my work. This account is my normal account not a saving. kindly suggest me as what course of action should i consider at this stage as I am going for Rukhsati in mid July this year .

For your clearification. I can download and send my bank statements. Bank Statements covered period of 5 Oct 2009 to 25 Jan 2010. Where last 10 days (15 Jan to 25 Jan) were get printed by visiting a local branch and that was stamped by the bank.

With Regards
Vamiq
Go for administrative review first as it seems that case worker has made a mistake. As you say that you have transactions on the bank statements so the refusal by the case worker that you have no transactions on the statement is wrong. I won’t be surprised that he/she did not even bother to see the bank statements properly or not at all.

Administrative review can be done within 12 days and it takes upto 28 days to get the response.

If you take the appeal route, be ready for a long wait as it can easily take upto 6 months or more.

Vamiq.khan

Post by Vamiq.khan » Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:30 am

mcaibuq2 Is it possible to apply for Administrative Review from Pakistan ?

Aries Thnx for suggestion of being choosing a route to apeal. but bro my rukhsati is due in july and I cant take any risk that can delay my spouse visa process.

Hope my bank is natwest. And i submitted both the one which post on my postal address and one been issued by visiitng a local branch.

Thnx All
Vamiq

Hope1

Post by Hope1 » Tue Mar 30, 2010 12:13 pm

Hi Vamiq,

You should go for admin review first.One of my friend got the same problem.His visa refused by BHC Islamabad and he went through admin review process and got visa with in 28 days.

mcaibuq2

Post by mcaibuq2 » Tue Mar 30, 2010 1:48 pm

Vamiq.khan wrote:mcaibuq2 Is it possible to apply for Administrative Review from Pakistan ?

Aries Thnx for suggestion of being choosing a route to apeal. but bro my rukhsati is due in july and I cant take any risk that can delay my spouse visa process.

Hope my bank is natwest. And i submitted both the one which post on my postal address and one been issued by visiitng a local branch.

Thnx All
Vamiq
Yes you can aplly for the admin review from Pakistan.

It is very common and a lot of people do this.

Vamiq.khan

Post by Vamiq.khan » Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:32 pm

Dear all

Can any one guide me through the process of Administrative review. what documents shall I require to submit , any form or at what address do I need to send all of them.

Regards
Vamiq

ali_hsn

Post by ali_hsn » Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:34 am

mcaibuq2 wrote:
Vamiq.khan wrote:Dear Friends,

My wife visa application has been refused for the following reason given by officer. He stated the reason,

"I am satisfied that you meet the requirements of paragraph 319C of the immigration rules, except of the following:
As laid out in Appendix E of the immigration rules, you must show that your sponsor has available £533 in available. These funds must be presence in an account for three consecutive months prior to your application. The bank statement provided shows no transaction history and therefore, I am unable to confirm the that the required amount has been held in the account for three consecutive months. I am therefore not satisfied that there is a sufficient level of funds available to you set out in Appendix E.319 C ".

Dear all,

I maintained my account for more than 4 month and present the statement for exactly four months . And amount I maintained more than £6000 . Kindly can any one provide me any suggestion or point of views behind this un realistic statement of refusal by visa officer. I will be gratefull to you.

With Regards
Vamiq
Vamiq,

The bank statement that you gave, did they not have any transactions what so ever? Were they of your saving account? If so did you mention that?
Hi Vamiq Khan,

sorry to hear about the rejection. I have one question: The bank statements which you submitted with the application did they cover the period of three months i.e. three bank statements eg Jan,Feb & Mar.
I'll be surprised if the case worker just ignored the bank statements covering the three month period from a UK bank.

Anyways, here is the link for the admin review:
http://www.ukvacpk.com/appeals.aspx#5

I wish you best of luck!

regards,
Ali
all is well that ends well

Vamiq.khan

Post by Vamiq.khan » Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:37 pm

Bro bank statements contains transactions from 4 Oct 2009 to 25th Jan 2010.

mcaibuq2

Post by mcaibuq2 » Wed Mar 31, 2010 2:18 pm

Vamiq.khan wrote:Bro bank statements contains transactions from 4 Oct 2009 to 25th Jan 2010.
I think in this case you should definitely go for admin review. It is quite clear the case worker has not seen the bank statements properly or at all. You should do this ASAP.

ali_hsn

Post by ali_hsn » Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:11 pm

Vamiq.khan wrote:Bro bank statements contains transactions from 4 Oct 2009 to 25th Jan 2010.
hi Vamiq,

I agree with other members, you should go for admin review asap. If the statements were from the dates you mentioned and your balance never dropped below required funds, even for a day then you are on the right.

regards,
Ali

ali_hsn

Post by ali_hsn » Tue Apr 06, 2010 4:29 pm

Any luck guys?
Nothing new at my end, perhaps your luck is better than mine!

mcaibuq2

Post by mcaibuq2 » Tue Apr 06, 2010 5:03 pm

ali_hsn wrote:Any luck guys?
Nothing new at my end, perhaps your luck is better than mine!
Nothing mate. Waiting and waiting :-(

ali_hsn

Post by ali_hsn » Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:18 am

hi guys,

a little update, I emailed VAC Lahore for the update and today I got a response back.

"Dear Mr Ali,
Thank you for your email. I’ve checked and found out that your wife’s application is not yet returned from the British High Commission.
Applications can be delayed if further checks are required. You may email to visa.abudhabi@fco.gov.uk for further information.
Kindly keep a track on our website, www.ukvacpk.com and she has also opted for SMS service, will be updated accordingly.
We appreciate your understanding and trust in our service.
Thanks and best regards,

Lahore VAC Manager,
UK Visa Application Centre,
Gerry's International,
Lahore"

Nothing new here, I'll try emailing the abudhabi center. It has been 71 days since she applied and there has been no update. Finally, situation in Pakistan is not helping at all. Good Luck!

mcaibuq2

Post by mcaibuq2 » Thu Apr 08, 2010 2:55 pm

Hi ali,

My wife emailed the Abu Dhabi and she got an automated response. Which you will see is quite useless.

If you get a different response do let us know.

***********************************************************************************

Thank you for contacting the Visa Section

British Embassy

Abu Dhabi

This is an automated response. If we consider that the automated reply has not addressed your specific query we will respond as soon as possible and within a maximum of 20 working days.

Application Status enquiries

Please note - status queries for applications that fall within the published processing times detailed below will be deemed ‘pending decision’ and will not be responded to. We regret that no further information can be provided within those timescales.

Applications from some GCC countries and Pakistan are considered at the Visa Section at the British Embassy in Abu Dhabi.
We aim to process all applications as quickly as possible but some decisions may currently take up to 15 working days from receipt at the Visa Section.
Applications submitted at the Visa Application Centres in Bahrain and Abu Dhabi are normally received at the British Embassy the following working day.
Applications submitted in Pakistan are normally received at the British Embassy after three working days.
You can check the current status of your application or make enquiries about specific categories and application procedures at the dedicated call centres at each Visa Application Centre.

For applications submitted in the UAE, call +971 43572300 between 0900-1700hrs Sunday to Thursday.

For applications submitted at Bahrain, call +973 1721 5538 between 0800 -1200hrs and 1230-1630hrs Sunday to Thursday.

Please note, the call centre staff do not have access to detailed information relating to applications which are under consideration or the decisions taken by the Entry Clearance Officers at the Visa Section in Abu Dhabi. Access to the British Embassy, Abu Dhabi, is restricted to applicants who hold a letter issued by us or an interview slip issued by VFS Global Services Pvt Ltd. We do not provide appointments for discussions regarding individual visa applications.

Important advice to customers from Pakistan about UK visa application process delays. Customers, please note that there are currently significant delays in the UK visa application process. You are advised to apply for your visa well in advance of the intended date of travel. The delays are due to the high volume of customers making appointments at the visa application centres (please refer to the update of 27 April regarding appointment bookings) and to technical difficulties affecting the UK's global visa operation, which UK Visa Services are working to resolve. At the moment please allow approximately 7 weeks from the time you make a request for an appointment to collecting your visa decision. UK Visa Services apologise to customers for the inconvenience, and confirm they are working to reduce these delays.

If you require further information, please contact Gerry's at info@ukvacpk.com or telephone the call centre on 0900 10411 or using mobile short code 8865 (open Monday - Saturday 0800 - 12 midnight). Please note that these are premium numbers and charged at a rate of PKR 10 per minute.

General enquiries

For general information about applying for visas and entry clearances please visit our website www.ukinuae.fco.gov.uk or www.ukvisas.gov.uk. You can also visit the VFS website www.vfs-uk-ae.com/

You can make enquiries about specific categories of visa and the application procedure by telephoning our dedicated call centre number: +971 4 3572300 (Centralized contact centre for UAE in Dubai) between 0900 to 1700 Hrs. Sunday to Thursday

We deal with non-settlement visa applications to the UK for applicants from Pakistan - Lahore, Karachi, Islamabad and Mirpur. For information on applying for visas and the procedure to follow please visit our website www.ukvacpk.com

Appeal enquiries

If your application has been refused your rights of appeal and details of the procedures to submit your appeal are detailed on the notice of refusal. The Asylum and Immigration Tribunal (AIT) will contact any UK sponsor or representative you included in your Grounds of Appeal AIT-2 form and they will also notify you of the outcome. If your appeal is successful our office will contact you after we receive notification from AIT. You do not need to inform us that you have received notification of the appeal outcome or to find out how to proceed. Once we have received the Immigration Judge's determination direct from the UK we will contact you automatically with advice on what you should do.

Other enquiries

If you have a complaint, wish to withdraw your application or you need to travel to the UK because of an emergency, your email will be responded to as quickly as possible. Please provide full details in your correspondence including the date the application was made, the passport number (s) and a VFS tracking reference if you have one. All complaints are taken seriously and we aim to provide a full reply within 20 working days.

The Abu Dhabi Visa Section telephone line +971 2610 1539 is also available Sunday to Thursday between 07:30-14:30hrs.

If you have sensitive or confidential information regarding fraud or corruption which you would like to pass on to us, please send it to one of the following email addresses: RALONAbuDhabi@fco.gov.uk (applications made in UAE or Bahrain); RAUISB@fco.gov.uk (applications made in Pakistan); or RAUTHR@fco.gov.uk (applications made in Iran) . Please note that any general enquiry sent to these email addresses will not be actioned and will be deleted. Furthermore, information sent to the wrong location will also not be actioned and will be deleted.

Thank you,

UK Border Agency

Visa Services

British Embassy, Abu Dhabi
***********************************************************************************
Visit http://www.fco.gov.uk for British foreign policy news and travel advice and http://blogs.fco.gov.uk to read our blogs.

ali_hsn

Post by ali_hsn » Fri Apr 09, 2010 1:07 pm

hi mcaibuq2,

I've got a similar response from Abu Dhabi, waiting for someone to get back. There is still no update and we have enetered week 11 since her application date. There are some stories I heard regarding passports missing from Islamabad. I dont know how authentic this rumor is, lets hope for the best.

regards,
Ali

aries2010
Newly Registered

Post by aries2010 » Fri Apr 09, 2010 5:45 pm

Hello guys,
Finally my wife has got visa.

Date of application = 12/02/2010
Passport Collected with visa = 09/04/2010

Thanks Allah.

mcaibuq2

Post by mcaibuq2 » Fri Apr 09, 2010 6:06 pm

aries2010 wrote:Hello guys,

Thanks Allah.
Congratulations man! Hopefully we will get our soon too.

ali_hsn

Post by ali_hsn » Sat Apr 10, 2010 1:03 pm

Thanks Allah.
Hi aries2010,

Congrats on getting the visa, Hopefully, we shall also hear some good news soon.

Regards,

dr in distress

Post by dr in distress » Sat Apr 10, 2010 8:41 pm

count me in too.i applied for tier 2 dependant visa along with my month baby 8 weeks back from uk vac karachi and no reply yet.on tracking it shows application forwarded to islamabad oc from day 1 of submission.upon calling aboudhabi they always say your application is under process.

ifti12

Post by ifti12 » Sun Apr 11, 2010 3:38 pm

Thanks Allah.

Excellent news aries2010. At least someone got good news. After looking you timing frame it looks like that InshaAllah I will get the result soon as well.

Applied for wife and 2 kids : 2 Feb 2010
And you applied on 12 Feb so its mean I can expect the result by the end of this month.

By the way have you applied PSW dependent or Tier 1 Dependent?

Enjoy with family...

ali_hsn

Post by ali_hsn » Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:02 am

dr in distress wrote:count me in too.i applied for tier 2 dependant visa along with my month baby 8 weeks back from uk vac karachi and no reply yet.on tracking it shows application forwarded to islamabad oc from day 1 of submission.upon calling aboudhabi they always say your application is under process.
hi dr in distress and ifti12,

Welcome to the waiting forum. You are right ifti12, looking at his time scales we are not far behind. But my wife's being Tier 1 dependant visa, I dont know if that should be any different.
By the way, still no updates at my end, same old message and same old fobbing by the vac centers.

regards,
Ali

mcaibuq2

Post by mcaibuq2 » Mon Apr 12, 2010 2:25 pm

Hi Everyone,

Just a quick update.

My wife today spoke with the Abu Dhabi embassy and they told her that her application is under consideration and she will get a decision soon. Now let’s see what "soon" means.

Its now 6 weeks of waiting.

Best

ifti12

Post by ifti12 » Mon Apr 12, 2010 5:23 pm

Hi mcaibuq2

Calling VAC or Abu Dhabi means giving them more money by calling premium rate numbers. Hope you will hear soooooooooooooooooooon.

mcaibuq2

Post by mcaibuq2 » Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:10 pm

ifti12 wrote:Hi mcaibuq2

Calling VAC or Abu Dhabi means giving them more money by calling premium rate numbers. Hope you will hear soooooooooooooooooooon.
Very true, mate.

dr in distress

Post by dr in distress » Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:15 pm

yes u r right they give no reply they just say we cant give you time frame your application is under process.