ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

can spouse apply for ILR at same time as hubby

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

cen
Newly Registered

can spouse apply for ILR at same time as hubby

Post by cen » Tue Apr 13, 2010 2:54 pm

My husband is on a work permit since March 2006. He will be applying for ILR next year in 2011.
He arrived in the UK 2 weeks after his work permit was granted and I arrived 2 months later as his dependent spouse.
Can we still apply for ILR at the same time with me being his dependent or do I have to apply for FLR for the 2 month period and then apply on my own thereafter?

cheers2boss

Post by cheers2boss » Tue Apr 13, 2010 6:14 pm

If you have lived with ur spouse for atleast 2 yrs in UK together then yes you can apply for ILR along with him.

dimsav

Post by dimsav » Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:59 pm

cheers2boss wrote:If you have lived with ur spouse for atleast 2 yrs in UK together then yes you can apply for ILR along with him.
2 years rule applies only to Tier 2 dependants. WP dependants - which is the present case - do not have such a restriction, see paragraph 196D of Immigration Rules.

Anyway, yes, you may apply for ILR with your husband at the same time, make sure that you both pass KOL test though.