ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

What does this mean?

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

missri

What does this mean?

Post by missri » Tue Apr 13, 2010 5:38 pm

On telephonic enquiry to visa section, my wife was told that her application has been processed but a decision has not been made???

I have no idea what does this mean. Is it a rejection?? Or incomplete application or what?

arsenal49
Diamond Member

Post by arsenal49 » Tue Apr 13, 2010 6:32 pm

it could mean...

a) most likely: your app is received and sorting office has taken it to the caseworker's desk but caseworker has not yet seen your app due to the pile on his desk already

b) less likely: your app has been seen by case worker and due to the fact there were complications(could be due to verification of documents check, inconsistency etc etc) caseworker has referred your case to senior cseworker. i would presume this will only happen if your app has been with home office for 7,8 weeks otherwise this is very unlikely

reards

missri

Post by missri » Tue Apr 13, 2010 7:54 pm

the application is processed at visa section Abu Dhabi and while it is under consideration, the usual reply is "still under process". But the normal response after one's case has been processed is that your application has been processed and decision has been made; you will shortly hear from VAC to collect your passport. In our case the wording has been changed to decision has not been made...

But we got a call from VAC today as well to collect passport??? This is making me really worried..

arsenal49
Diamond Member

Post by arsenal49 » Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:25 pm

decision is DEFINITELY made if passport is made available for collection.

maybe they made decision within few hours of your call and at the time you made a call, caseworker had not updated your online file...

dont worry too much hopefully it will be good news..

regards

missri

Post by missri » Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:59 am

Thank you for the reassurance; I am still surprised with the reply we got from Abu Dhabi.

But anyway, all is well when it ends well. I am happy that my family got the visa.

eksitara
Newly Registered

Post by eksitara » Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:18 pm

Hello Missri,

My wife is about to make a application as a Tier 2 dependent in Dubai soon could you tell me what supporting documents you provided with your wife's application that would be helpful.

missri

Post by missri » Wed Apr 14, 2010 7:58 pm

With my little personal experience and the information I got from this forum, I 'll try make things easier for you.

1) Evidence asked in the guidelines

- Proof of relationship like marriage certificate and if not in english language, then a true translation of it ; both original (I provided both).

- Proof of maintenance funds (I provided my three months bank statement as specified in the guidelines).

- Original TB certificate

- Copy of Main applicant passport and visa (I got the copies certified from a solicitor in UK)

2) Evidence not mentioned in the guidelines

- Job letter from company that I have actually joined them and started to work

- Tenancy agreement as a proof of accommodation for me and my family in UK

This worked for me. Although it depends upon individual circumstances of the case. If you have been here in UK for quite some time you can include your UK bank statement and salary slip and utility bills as well.

Hope it would help.

eksitara
Newly Registered

Post by eksitara » Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:24 pm

Thank You missri, I would just like to confirm what does TB certificate mean?

missri wrote:With my little personal experience and the information I got from this forum, I 'll try make things easier for you.

1) Evidence asked in the guidelines

- Proof of relationship like marriage certificate and if not in english language, then a true translation of it ; both original (I provided both).

- Proof of maintenance funds (I provided my three months bank statement as specified in the guidelines).

- Original TB certificate

- Copy of Main applicant passport and visa (I got the copies certified from a solicitor in UK)

2) Evidence not mentioned in the guidelines

- Job letter from company that I have actually joined them and started to work

- Tenancy agreement as a proof of accommodation for me and my family in UK

This worked for me. Although it depends upon individual circumstances of the case. If you have been here in UK for quite some time you can include your UK bank statement and salary slip and utility bills as well.

Hope it would help.

missri

Post by missri » Thu Apr 15, 2010 11:32 pm

Any one applying for entry clearance which allows you to stay for more than six months in UK needs a TB screening certificate issued by the IOM. You can check this from the local VAC website from your wife is going to submit the application. Did you get your Tier 2 while you were in UK otherwise you would have to produce it for yourself.

eksitara
Newly Registered

Post by eksitara » Fri Apr 16, 2010 11:28 am

Thank You Missri,

My wife will be applying from Dubai end of next month,If i ask her to do a screening in one of the local medical centres would that be enough? I am about to get mine in UK so i dont think its a rquirement for me just planning things for my wife.

Also did u your wife get her biometrics done in abudhabi on application day?

quote="missri"]Any one applying for entry clearance which allows you to stay for more than six months in UK needs a TB screening certificate issued by the IOM. You can check this from the local VAC website from your wife is going to submit the application. Did you get your Tier 2 while you were in UK otherwise you would have to produce it for yourself.[/quote]