ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR dependents questions

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Simpson246
Newly Registered

ILR dependents questions

Post by Simpson246 » Tue Apr 13, 2010 5:23 am

Dear Members,

I have been going through this forum for quite some time and have a few questions.

I first entered the country on an offshore workers visa in Nov 2000, and in September 2005, got a job with local company, tried to swap my visa for a work permit, was unsuccesful and had to return to India to get that done, Work permit visa issued on the 7th November 2005, entered UK 23rd Nov 05. Complete 5 years on a WP this November and with the same company.
Wife moved to UK in May 2007 on a dependant visa. Son born in the UK in May 2009 and dependant visa issued in February 2010 in India, currently in UK. Am about to apply for an ILR, If not mistaken it should be 28 days prior to 23/11/10 ??, for all 3 of us? just wondering what happens next, how long before citizenship especially for my wife and my son, as he has been here for the shortest period of time.

Appreciate your guidance,
Thank you.
Simpson.

gd_chandrasekar

Re: ILR dependents questions

Post by gd_chandrasekar » Tue Apr 13, 2010 7:15 pm

since you are applying on WP category, there is no requirement for your wife to be in UK for 2 years, so you all can apply together. you are eligible to apply from 27th october.
Simpson246 wrote:Dear Members,

I have been going through this forum for quite some time and have a few questions.

I first entered the country on an offshore workers visa in Nov 2000, and in September 2005, got a job with local company, tried to swap my visa for a work permit, was unsuccesful and had to return to India to get that done, Work permit visa issued on the 7th November 2005, entered UK 23rd Nov 05. Complete 5 years on a WP this November and with the same company.
Wife moved to UK in May 2007 on a dependant visa. Son born in the UK in May 2009 and dependant visa issued in February 2010 in India, currently in UK. Am about to apply for an ILR, If not mistaken it should be 28 days prior to 23/11/10 ??, for all 3 of us? just wondering what happens next, how long before citizenship especially for my wife and my son, as he has been here for the shortest period of time.

Appreciate your guidance,
Thank you.
Simpson.

Simpson246
Newly Registered

Post by Simpson246 » Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:59 pm

Thanks Chandrasekar,
Any idea about the second part of my question, for my son born in May 2009.

Regards,
Simpson.

gd_chandrasekar

Post by gd_chandrasekar » Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:11 pm

yes even for your son..
get the documents ready.. hope you know the list, if not search in this forum for ILR under WP category..
Simpson246 wrote:Thanks Chandrasekar,
Any idea about the second part of my question, for my son born in May 2009.

Regards,
Simpson.

vinny

Re: ILR dependents questions

Post by vinny » Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:48 am

Simpson246 wrote:Son born in the UK in May 2009 and dependant visa issued in February 2010 in India, currently in UK.
Immediately after a parent is granted settlement/PR, their child is entitled to register for British citizenship (Section 1(3)), irrespective of child's immigration status.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.