ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent:Supporting Document for Tier1 Visa

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Kumar79
Newly Registered

Urgent:Supporting Document for Tier1 Visa

Post by Kumar79 » Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:09 pm

Hi all,

I am looking for advice for the below points. I am in UK on workpermit for last 2 years and planning to switch to Tier1.

1) Qualification & English section:
I got my bachelor degree from Sardar Vallabhbhai Regional College of Engg. and technology, Surat which was part of South Gujurat University. Now the college is deemed and name changed to Sardar Vallabhbhai National Institute of technology, Surat. The PBS has Sardar Vallabhbhai National Institute of technology, Surat and Veer Narmad South Gujurat University.
My question is should i need any supporting documents from college which states the earlier name was AAA and now it is XXX and was taught in English. I have also got the letter from UK NARIC that it is equivalent to Bachelor degree in UK. What document is required for english proficiency?

2) Maintenance Funds:
I will be showing cash isa account for the maintenance fund for myself and my wife. Please let me know any template is available which i need to get from my bank.

Thanks
Kumar

pravinsangwan
Newly Registered

English Evaluation of Veer Narmad South Gujurat University

Post by pravinsangwan » Wed Sep 29, 2010 9:28 am

Hi,

I have done Bachelors of Science in Computers from SICE College, Surat.
I would like to know whether English proficiency from Veer Narmad South Gujurat University equivalent or eligible according to NARIC Database?

Please advice me on this, so that I dont have to go for an evaluation from NARIC.

Thanks
Pravin Sangwan
pravinsangwan@gmail.com

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Re: English Evaluation of Veer Narmad South Gujurat Universi

Post by aruni4470 » Wed Sep 29, 2010 9:49 am

pravinsangwan wrote:Hi,

I have done Bachelors of Science in Computers from SICE College, Surat.
I would like to know whether English proficiency from Veer Narmad South Gujurat University equivalent or eligible according to NARIC Database?

Please advice me on this, so that I dont have to go for an evaluation from NARIC.

Thanks
Pravin Sangwan
pravinsangwan@gmail.com
Check the PBS calculator if it gives you points for English language requirement. If the PBS calculator doesn't give you points, there is no use with NARIC evaluation.

196. An applicant should check his/her degree by referring to the points based calculator on our website at: http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/pointscalculator

198. Where the applicant is unable to find details of their qualification on the points based calculator, UK NARIC will not be able to verify whether a qualification satisfies the English Language requirement. In these circumstances, applicants should either present an alternative qualification from the points based calculator if they possess one, or select an alternative means of satisfying the English Language requirement.

pravinsangwan
Newly Registered

Post by pravinsangwan » Wed Sep 29, 2010 10:02 am

Hi Aruni,

Thankx for your quick and precise response, however I would appreciate If you could educate me a little more on this….

Well Name of my university from which I passed in 2003 with BSc Computers that is VEER Narmad South Gujarat University does appear in list of institution mentioned PBC at www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/pointcalculator so does this mean I have a valid degree with desired English abilities to write, speak or read?
Which can’t be a reason of rejection to my Tier 1 General Visa?

pravinsangwan
Newly Registered

Post by pravinsangwan » Wed Sep 29, 2010 10:06 am

pravinsangwan wrote:Hi Aruni,

Thankx for your quick and precise response, however I would appreciate If you could educate me a little more on this….

Well Name of my university from which I passed in 2003 with BSc Computers that is VEER Narmad South Gujarat University does appear in list of institution mentioned in PBC at www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/pointscalculator so does this mean I have a valid degree with desired English abilities to write, speak or read?

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Wed Sep 29, 2010 10:08 am

pravinsangwan wrote:Hi Aruni,

Well Name of my university from which I passed in 2003 with BSc Computers that is VEER Narmad South Gujarat University does appear in list of institution mentioned PBC at www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/pointcalculator so does this mean I have a valid degree with desired English abilities to write, speak or read?
Yes as long as the above mentioned points calculator awards you 10 points under the English Language section. All you need to do is to provide the Original Degree.
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

pravinsangwan
Newly Registered

Post by pravinsangwan » Wed Sep 29, 2010 10:19 am

Thankx Push..

So what u guys think, If I can produce every required document & arrange them in proper sequence... Should I go to some consultant or I can apply of my own...?
I mean (Consultants Names/agencies Name) do they really influence in getting our VISA's done?

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Post by aruni4470 » Wed Sep 29, 2010 10:24 am

pravinsangwan wrote:Thankx Push..

So what u guys think, If I can produce every required document & arrange them in proper sequence... Should I go to some consultant or I can apply of my own...?
I mean (Consultants Names/agencies Name) do they really influence in getting our VISA's done?
No consultancy or agency can influence the outcome of your application.
Related topic http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=64223
Last edited by aruni4470 on Wed Sep 29, 2010 10:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

*FC*
Member of Standing

Post by *FC* » Wed Sep 29, 2010 10:25 am

pravinsangwan wrote:Thankx Push..

You have better chances doing it all yourself than get it done through a consultant. However, if you have loads of money please feel free to use a consultant. :wink:

pravinsangwan
Newly Registered

Post by pravinsangwan » Wed Sep 29, 2010 10:31 am

Yeah True Aruni...
So Guys.. Last 2 things and I am done...!!!

First - According to you what’s best to go for Individual application or through Agencies/consultant?
Secondly - If I already have experience of 1 or 2 month from London when I was there in Business Visa from my previous company. Does it helps or atleast a increses the probability of getting my Tier 1 General VISA?

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Post by aruni4470 » Wed Sep 29, 2010 10:35 am

pravinsangwan wrote:Yeah True Aruni...
So Guys.. Last 2 things and I am done...!!!

First - According to you what’s best to go for Individual application or through Agencies/consultant?
Secondly - If I already have experience of 1 or 2 month from London when I was there in Business Visa from my previous company. Does it helps or atleast a increses the probability of getting my Tier 1 General VISA?
Sir,

You either qualify for tier 1 or you don't qualify. If you qualify, all you need is proper documentation. No other elements (agencies, previous visas etc) will influence the decision. As simple as that.

pravinsangwan
Newly Registered

Post by pravinsangwan » Wed Sep 29, 2010 11:03 am

Yeah that make sense Aruni...
But we often hear that there have been cases where everything was Right-On but still their VISA's were reject by Embassy? What you have to say about this...?
Even I heard rumors’ that people who carry stamps of Gulf Visas as I do of KSA (Presently on Visit Visa from Company for On-Site Project) have less chance of getting through.
Visa process is never certain.
My personal experience of Canada Student Visa which was rejected with some lovely reasons...
My Visa was rejected stating that my further courses which I am applying is not relevant with my previous studies I made in India.
For kind Information I applied for Pre-Masters Diploma in Networking in George Brown College (One of the Good Colleges in Canada) after completing my BSc in Computers!!!

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Post by aruni4470 » Wed Sep 29, 2010 11:51 am

pravinsangwan wrote:Yeah that make sense Aruni...
But we often hear that there have been cases where everything was Right-On but still their VISA's were reject by Embassy? What you have to say about this...?
Even I heard rumors’ that people who carry stamps of Gulf Visas as I do of KSA (Presently on Visit Visa from Company for On-Site Project) have less chance of getting through.
Visa process is never certain.
My personal experience of Canada Student Visa which was rejected with some lovely reasons...
My Visa was rejected stating that my further courses which I am applying is not relevant with my previous studies I made in India.
For kind Information I applied for Pre-Masters Diploma in Networking in George Brown College (One of the Good Colleges in Canada) after completing my BSc in Computers!!!
Applying for tier 1 is straight forward. If you have the required points and supply the correct documentation according to what is specified in the policy guidance, you get your visa else no. Unfortunately, I cannot comment on the rejection of your student visa to Canada as I have no clue about that process. So, it is upto you if you want to hire a consultancy. All the best!!