ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

level of qualification

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

laleh
Newly Registered

level of qualification

Post by laleh » Tue Feb 14, 2006 2:16 pm

dear friends
i have MSc in organic chemistry
shall i contact to NARIC for verification of my qualifications level or home office will do that?
pls. give me a reply

thanks alot & best wishes for u all
laleh

MWazir
Diamond Member

Post by MWazir » Tue Feb 14, 2006 3:40 pm

You dont normally need to contact NARIC. When you claim points for education your case worker will look into the NARIC database to see if your degree is on par with a UK degree.

Some people do go for a NARIC assesment though because they fear that their degrees might not be recognised.

Which university did you do your BSc and MSc?

laleh
Newly Registered

Post by laleh » Wed Feb 15, 2006 9:45 am

dear mwazir
i graduated from
shiraz univ./iran for BSc (chemistry)
and
Ahwaz univ./iran for MSc (organic chemistry)
and my husband graduated from
Sistan & Blochestan univ. /iran (mathematic-research in operation)

again thanks alot for your help
best wishes
laleh

MWazir
Diamond Member

Post by MWazir » Wed Feb 15, 2006 12:15 pm

Unless you fear for some reason that degree points will not be awarded you need not go for an assessment.

I gather from your previous posts that you have applied before didnt get points for work experience as they were not translated documents. Did you get any points for education?

laleh
Newly Registered

Post by laleh » Sat Feb 18, 2006 5:28 am

dear mwazir
well in our last application they gave us 0 point.
as i told u before all our docs. had been certified by british embassy and because of that we didn't send the original docs.
(ofcourse in british embassy they told when we put uk embassy's stamp there will be no need to send the originals)
but they put 0 point for all sections.
we did contact to home office they said "the embassy's guidance was not correct and u can do fresh application"
so
because of this i'm under estress.
thanks alot for your all help and guidance

laleh
Newly Registered

Post by laleh » Sat Feb 18, 2006 11:46 am

dear Mwazir

i want to apply trough solicitor this time for saving time.
because last time i received my docs. 26 days after refusal and had no time to make any objection.
and because of this they accepted to speak to via phone because they told that they don't accept any verbal comment.
do u think this way will be better or not?
well u now in fact the main applicant is my husband because he has managing position and can get more score than me.
i hope to be successful but i'm really under stress and afraid of getting refusal again
but will try to be optimistic
best wishes
laleh

MWazir
Diamond Member

Post by MWazir » Sat Feb 18, 2006 8:40 pm

Well you can go to a solicitor by all means but it is not something I would do personally. There is nothing extra they can do for you as the HSMP process in itself is quite straight forward. I doubt if they could have got your documents any earlier than they arrived.

1. Did you apply for the application from Iran? Is the postal system reliable in your country by? Is that the reason you chose not to send in original documents?
2. What do you mean by verbal comments? You mean because of lack of time you had to make your appeal by phone? Could you not have faxed your details?

laleh
Newly Registered

Post by laleh » Sun Feb 19, 2006 5:01 am

dear friend
since my brother is living in uk i sent our docs. by DHL to him then he sent them to home office.
in british embassy in tehran/iran they told me when we put our stamp on your docs. it means we have seen the originals and there will be no need to send the original i also paid about 200 GBP for their stamp.
but when we called home office they told their colleagues in embassy made mistake and u can do fresh application.
that's the reason why we didn't sent our original docs. first time.
and in their letter they said they were not satisfied with my husbands job letter & asked for sth. complicated
now this time we prepared it same as what u sent me as a guidance.
i now solicitors do nothing more than us but we just want to get sure that we have done everything correctly.
because there are lots of differences between our rule and UK's. so some time may we can not get what are their points or what they mean.
again thanks alot for writing me.
laleh