ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

3rd party can sponsor spouse - yes or no?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

RPatanakar
Newly Registered

3rd party can sponsor spouse - yes or no?

Post by RPatanakar » Sat Feb 18, 2006 5:51 pm

I am in india with my indian spouse. Just had our marriage registered here and want to return to UK. No job, money short.

Recently, a friend of mine sent me this info:
“in our case, I also did not have a job: my Father became our sponsor. He showed his bank statement, and wrote a letter saying he was fully prepared to support my wife financially if she needed it (for two years). Plus we stated that we would be living in my Father's house in London- he had moved to Turkey and vacated the ho use (which was actually sold a short while later). Thiese are probably one of the main reasons why we were able to get a visa. The point is to make a strong case to the British Government that your husband will not become a hassle or burden on them- like claiming benefits etc. If they feel that the sponsor is really prepared to undertake the responsibility of any financial requirements of you as a couple, then there is no reason why they shouldn’t give it a go, it seems.”

Whereas my father is not in a position to sponsor, as he is dsiabled and claims benefits, we have some good friends that may be willing. Do you think that is in priniciple an option... or was the above case really a fluke? Do you think it would matter if the 3rd party sponsor not a direct relation? Any opnions or comments gratefully appreciated.

Rachel