ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Eastern Mediterranean University,Turkish Rep of Nrth Cyprus

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

merci

Eastern Mediterranean University,Turkish Rep of Nrth Cyprus

Post by merci » Fri Feb 15, 2008 2:41 pm

Is There any person who is awarded from Easterna Mediterranean University, Turkish Republic of North Cyprus and applied for HSMP

Do you know if Naric recognize the above mentioned school or not?

Thanking you in advance

oglakci
Newly Registered

Post by oglakci » Fri Feb 15, 2008 3:00 pm

Hi merci,

I have heard that NARIC recognise every institioun in Turkey which is recognised by YOK (Yuksek Ogretim Kurulu).

But I suggest you better confirm this information. I have applied HSMP, with a degree from Bilkent. I know people from Bilkent did not have problem.

Cheers,
Onat

PaperPusher
Respected Guru

Post by PaperPusher » Sat Feb 16, 2008 5:50 pm

merci wrote:Do you know if Naric recognize the above mentioned school or not
They don't recognise universities in North Cyprus last time I asked about this. I checked this out with NARIC 18 months or so ago.

In case the situation has changed, why don't you contact them?

merci

any successfull hsmp story

Post by merci » Mon Feb 18, 2008 9:22 am

have you ever applied to hsmp,
I have YOK diploma equivalence document
Do you have also YOK diploma equivalence document.

I wish it will help for recognition.

Or do your know any person who get hsmp approval letter succesfully
despite of awarded form northern cyprus universities.

Your help is highly appreciated. :?:

Burak1878
Newly Registered

Post by Burak1878 » Sat Apr 12, 2008 8:04 pm

I think it shouldn't be any problems since EMU has accredited by NARIC.. (It is written on EMU web site: http://www.emu.edu.tr/akreditasyonlar.html )

derya1977
Newly Registered

Reply of Eastern MediterraneanUniversity

Post by derya1977 » Sun Jan 31, 2010 2:58 pm

We have received a mail and copies of correspondence with Eindhoven University from one of our graduates who applied for a place on one of your masters program. Having read this correspondence, it seems unclear to us on what basis this student has been rejected, since in one mail, the adequacy and level of his BA programme at Eastern Mediterranean University is brought into question, and in another mail, the lack of information about EMU’s programmes in NARIC is raised, with the suggestion that this problem is linked in some way to the lack of international recognition of the Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus, further implying that the university itself is not recognized. Needless to say this lack of clarity has upset as well as confused the student in question, unnecessarily in our view.

For your information, the Eastern Mediterranean University is a state-trust university located in North Cyprus (www.emu.edu.tr). It is the largest, oldest and most developed university offering education through the medium of English on the island of Cyprus. It was established in 1979 and over the past thirty years has acquired a solid international reputation. EMU welcomes over 15000 students from 68 different countries and employs more than 1000 academic staff from 36 different countries. Our Engineering program is fully accredited by ABET (The American Board For Engineering and Technology) and we are members of many associations such as EUA (European University Association), FUIW (The Federation of the Universities of the Islamic World), IAU (International Association of Universities), and many other organizations from America and Europe (Please see http://web2009.emu.edu.tr/aboutemu/memb ... ation.aspx). We also have more than 120 collaboration agreements with universities from America and Europe (Please see http://ic.emu.edu.tr/index.php?option=c ... &Itemid=87) for a complete list of our collaborations. Also of relevance, given that the student in question is Nigerian is the fact that EMU is fully and officially recognized and accredited by the Nigerian Higher Ministry of Education, as well as through the Higher Education Council in Turkey (YOK).

Furthermore, Eastern Mediterranean University has been a member of NARIC since 2009 (please see attached documents), and information about Eastern Mediterranean University is freely available on the NARIC website. A full report on the university and evaluation of its work has also been conducted by the European University Association. Again, this report is again freely available.

Like all institutions of higher education, Eindhoven University has the full right to make its own decisions on who it accepts onto its programmes of study. However, as Eastern Mediterranean University, we would ask that Eindhoven University confine itself to established facts and avoid what seem to be little more than speculations about both the status and quality of our university in correspondence with our students.

merci

Post by merci » Sun Feb 14, 2010 2:45 pm

Hey guys,

In our 17th of December 2009 dated Naric Letter ,
they says
"

Assessment is considered comparable to British Bachelor Degree standard.

"although the Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus is not an internationally recognised independent state, degrees awarded by Eastern Mediterrannean Univercity are accredited an accepted by Turkish education authoritis as being the same standard as those awarded by Turkish Higher education institutions. A Turkish Bachelor degree (lisans diplomasi) is considered comperable to British Bachelor degree standard and it is recommended that your award be considered in this context by potentioal employers and admitting intitutions in the UK"

Pls don't forget that they are not considering automatically the Northern Cyprus universities comperable to UK Bachelor Degree unless you are attaching the accredition document of YOK(a document which is issued by Turkish Education Authorities which confirms -Denklik Belgesi) .

I hope this will help.

Regards,

masood102
Newly Registered

Post by masood102 » Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:58 am

can your please tell me how I can apply for this letter Denklik Belgesi from UK.

masood102
Newly Registered

Post by masood102 » Sat May 01, 2010 3:57 am

Thanks merci,

I got the same latter as like yours, and now we can confirm that Eastern Mediterranean university degrees are comparable to British degrees.

I think for new comparability applicator no need to provide the YOK letter but plz check before applying.

Regards