ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HSMP Jr - Peculiar case

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

gd_chandrasekar

HSMP Jr - Peculiar case

Post by gd_chandrasekar » Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:40 am

Hi

My friend has applied HSMP on 6th November 2006 but got his approval in Nov 2007, due to some issues it got rejected and got it later thru solicitators based on the old application itself.

Will he be covered under HSMP JR? does he or his wife need to take Life in UK test?

Infact he is trying to apply thru solicitors now itself, since due to UKBA issues it got delayed by a year, so argument is that consider that 1 year also.

Any help on this would be great.

Thanks

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu Apr 15, 2010 6:28 pm

He will be covered by HSMP JR, but arguing that the 1 yr. (between Nov. 06 - Nov '07) be counted in ILR calculations - because the delay was UKBA's doing - is, in my personal opinion, absurd!

regards

gd_chandrasekar

Post by gd_chandrasekar » Thu Apr 15, 2010 6:33 pm

yeah i know just an thinking, anyways coming jan he can apply so no issues..

does he needs to do "Life in UK test"???
sushdmehta wrote:He will be covered by HSMP JR, but arguing that the 1 yr. (between Nov. 06 - Nov '07) be counted in ILR calculations - because the delay was UKBA's doing - is, in my personal opinion, absurd!

regards

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu Apr 15, 2010 6:36 pm

Not required at the time of applying for ILR, but KOL pass is required when applying for naturalisation.

regards