ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

got my visa extended with a out of date application..... :D

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ryann
Newly Registered

got my visa extended with a out of date application..... :D

Post by ryann » Tue Apr 13, 2010 4:02 am

Hmm... i was so lucky, my application was sent 27 days late after my visa expired, but the home office still grant me a new leave to remain......Dont know why, but, is the overstaying not a big problem to them anymore? Anyway, thx to god the UKBA gave me the chance to finish my degree :D

Rozen
Diamond Member

Re: got my visa extended with a out of date application.....

Post by Rozen » Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:09 am

ryann wrote:Hmm... i was so lucky, my application was sent 27 days late after my visa expired, but the home office still grant me a new leave to remain......Dont know why, but, is the overstaying not a big problem to them anymore? Anyway, thx to god the UKBA gave me the chance to finish my degree :D
Just count your blessings, and don't knock it! :roll:

woops
Newly Registered

Post by woops » Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:42 pm

So would you still need to declare you have previously overstayed your visa when you come into the country again, or it dosen't matter since your visa is approved.

Congrats. on your application.

justdopposite

Post by justdopposite » Thu Apr 15, 2010 6:36 pm

how did that happen ??? did you send them any letter to let them know your going to finish your degree soon ?

ryann
Newly Registered

Post by ryann » Sun Apr 18, 2010 12:27 am

woops wrote:So would you still need to declare you have previously overstayed your visa when you come into the country again, or it dosen't matter since your visa is approved.

Congrats. on your application.
Yea, i need to mention this in future applications which will not be good :S

and THX :D

ryann
Newly Registered

Post by ryann » Sun Apr 18, 2010 12:29 am

justdopposite wrote:how did that happen ??? did you send them any letter to let them know your going to finish your degree soon ?

nope.. i said nothing , just international office lady wrote a letter to them says ' I ask for checking his documents' .