ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

STORY SO FAR

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sco_kop

STORY SO FAR

Post by sco_kop » Sat Apr 10, 2010 3:36 pm

Applied for extension of Discretionary leave based on marriage to British Citizen before it expired on hpdl as home office advised this.

8 weeks later they return documents saying we have to pay and we used incorrect forms.
Same day we re-apply on FLR (O) and send it out the next day via recorded delivery with a cover letter to Home Office explaing what happened.
A day later the money for the application is taken out from my sons and my bank.

Hopefully this is a good sign of things to come

kennieg
Newly Registered

re: discretionary leave extension

Post by kennieg » Thu Apr 15, 2010 11:06 pm

Well, my story so far...

I also applied for an extension of my DL based on marriage in Nov 09, 4weeks before my current leave expired (dec 09)..USING THE CORRECT FORM FLR O as advised by HO and also paying the correct fee. HO sent back all my documents in January 2010 as invalid saying I should have completed FLR M, I queried this with them via telephone as I was sure I had completed the correct form FLR O, I was advised to resend my documents to the caseworker including my original completed FLR O and a covering letter explaining that I had used the correct form. This was done on thesame day in Jan 2010, till now I've not heard from HO!!!

Good luck with ur application, pls keep me posted..

sco_kop

Post by sco_kop » Fri Apr 16, 2010 9:13 am

We originally used hpdl as HO advised us. But it was wrong and we called the HO twice and they said use flr o. I also two kids who are in their early twenties that's probably why we had to use flr o. We have had a letter of acknowledgement and payment taken

U could always complain and find out what's happening cause I'm sure it's been 14 weeks now for u.