ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Overworked on WHV and chances of success on a Tier 2?

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

buddylove
Newly Registered

Overworked on WHV and chances of success on a Tier 2?

Post by buddylove » Thu Apr 15, 2010 11:30 pm

Hey guys,

I have currently overworked my WHM visa by five months so I've worked for about 17 months.

My current employer is willing to sponsor me. I am flying home to apply in a months time.

What are the chances of being identified as an overworker when applying for the tier 2? I've read that a lot of tier 1 applications have been rejected for overworking; tier 1 applications require the last 12 months income and work history etc. Tier 2 does not seem to go into such detail.

Have tier 2 applicants been rejected in the past that anyone is aware of? If so - what is it that identifies an overworker? I know that an NI number needs to be submitted; do the home office check tax history and find out that way?

Finally - what is a common penalty? Is it normally a 12 month ban from entering? Once 12 months has passed you can apply again?

Any response would be appreciated.

Thanks

missri

Post by missri » Thu Apr 15, 2010 11:48 pm

I am not sure about the penalty for doing extra work over your WHM period; but I am sure, if you try to hide this information and the HO finds it out which THEY WILL, then it's going to be a case of deception and a straightforward ban for 10 years.
So, please search your options carefully.

PaperPusher
Respected Guru

Post by PaperPusher » Fri Apr 16, 2010 12:37 am

TIER 2 MIGRANTS
245ZB. Purpose of this route and definitions
(a) This route enables UK employers to recruit workers from outside the EEA to fill a particular vacancy that cannot be filled by a British or EEA worker.

(b) In paragraphs 245ZB to 245ZL and paragraphs 59 to 100 of Appendix A:

"employment" includes unpaid employment,

"length of the period of engagement" is the period beginning with the employment start date as recorded on the Certificate of Sponsorship Checking Service entry which relates to the Certificate of Sponsorship reference number for which the migrant was awarded points under paragraphs 59 to 100 of Appendix A and ending on the employment end date as recorded in the same entry, and

"working for the same employer" includes working for the same business or concern as at the time of the earlier grant of leave if that business or concern has, since that date, merged or been taken over by another entity.

245ZC. Entry clearance
All migrants arriving in the UK and wishing to enter as a Tier 2 Migrant must have a valid entry clearance for entry under this route. If they do not have a valid entry clearance, entry will be refused.

245ZD. Requirements for entry clearance
To qualify for entry clearance as a Tier 2 Migrant, an applicant must meet the requirements listed below. If the applicant meets these requirements, entry clearance will be granted. If the applicant does not meet these requirements, the application will be refused.

Requirements:

(a) The applicant must not fall for refusal under the general grounds for refusal.
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/polic ... es/part6a/
Grounds on which entry clearance or leave to enter the United Kingdom is to be refused
(1) the fact that entry is being sought for a purpose not covered by these Rules;

(2) the fact that the person seeking entry to the United Kingdom is currently the subject of a deportation order;

(3) failure by the person seeking entry to the United Kingdom to produce to the Immigration Officer a valid national passport or other document satisfactorily establishing his identity and nationality;

(4) failure to satisfy the Immigration Officer, in the case of a person arriving in the United Kingdom or seeking entry through the Channel Tunnel with the intention of entering any other part of the common travel area, that he is acceptable to the immigration authorities there;

(5) failure, in the case of a visa national, to produce to the Immigration Officer a passport or other identity document endorsed with a valid and current United Kingdom entry clearance issued for the purpose for which entry is sought;

(6) where the Secretary of State has personally directed that the exclusion of a person from the United Kingdom is conducive to the public good;

(7) save in relation to a person settled in the United Kingdom or where the Immigration Officer is satisfied that there are strong compassionate reasons justifying admission, confirmation from the Medical Inspector that, for medical reasons, it is undesirable to admit a person seeking leave to enter the United Kingdom.

(7A) where false representations have been made or false documents or information have been submitted (whether or not material to the application, and whether or not to the applicant's knowledge), or material facts have not been disclosed, in relation to the application.

(7B) subject to paragraph 320(7C), where the applicant has previously breached the UK's immigration laws by:

(a) Overstaying;

(b) breaching a condition attached to his leave;

(c) being an Illegal Entrant;

(d) using Deception in an application for entry clearance, leave to enter or remain (whether successful or not);

unless the applicant:

(i) Overstayed for 28 days or less and left the UK voluntarily, not at the expense (directly or indirectly) of the Secretary of State;

(ii) used Deception in an application for entry clearance more than 10 years ago;

(iii) left the UK voluntarily, not at the expense (directly or indirectly) of the Secretary of State, more than 12 months ago;

(iv) left the UK voluntarily, at the expense (directly or indirectly) of the Secretary of State, more than 5 years ago, or

(v) was removed or deported from the UK more than 10 years ago.
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/polic ... les/part9/

I have higlighted bits in red.

herenow
Newly Registered

Post by herenow » Wed May 12, 2010 7:51 pm

Hi Buddylove,

I'm in the same boat. How'd you go (or going) with your application?