ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Is it the right time to apply for HSMP visa?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

arunapra
Newly Registered

Is it the right time to apply for HSMP visa?

Post by arunapra » Fri Apr 16, 2010 6:13 am

Dear friends,

I'm a IT guy based out in Chennai (India), for past few years I dreamt to work in UK. I didn't get much opportunity through my Indian employers except a 2 month business trip to UK in 2008, which fuelled more passion into me on working in UK. As I am a bachelor degree holder I could not apply all these days, but a recent rule change allows me to apply for UK HSMP (Tier#1 - point based - general) visa with bachelor degree.

After hearing this I was in cloud 9 for past few days until I verify my personal bank account balance for last 90 days. I lag by 2000 to 3000 rupees since Jan-2010 till march-10th, my bank balance meets the mandatory eligibility criteria of 2800 GBP from 10-Mar-200 only. So I could apply for UK HSMP visa after 10-Jun-2010. I meet all other eligibility criteria except the bank balance

Meanwhile I met few consultants and they have created panic in me. They said after the May-6th UK general elections the conservative party is going to form the new government and they are going to make the UK HSMP visa rules stricter. It’s expected that the new conservative party will form the new government by around 15-may-2010. So they advised me to apply before 15-may-2010.

Requesting you all to kindly throw some light on my below doubts,

1. When the conservative party will form the new government?
2. If conservative party forms the new government, will they change the rules immediately (in may-2010 itself?) ?
3. if they announce new rules, will it come into effect immediately or after 1 - 2 weeks?
4. What is the ground reality there? Really the conservative party will make the UK HSMP visa rules stricter?

Newly Registered

Post by avatar10 » Fri Apr 16, 2010 11:45 am

Present rules are already very strict,not many can apply.
Net immigration will come down further.If the new government changes the rules, UK will no more be prefered location for immigration.

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Post by aruni4470 » Fri Apr 16, 2010 11:48 am

If the conservatives come to power, they might introduce annual limit on the numbers of non-EU economic migrants allowed to work in the UK.

arunapra
Newly Registered

Post by arunapra » Sun Apr 18, 2010 12:44 pm

Thanks friends for your response....

any other advice?