ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Appeal Implementation Unit (AIU) - Timeframe

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Doe2000
Newly Registered

Appeal Implementation Unit (AIU) - Timeframe

Post by Doe2000 » Mon Apr 12, 2010 1:30 pm

Hello, everyone here. My ILR has been granted by the appeal tribunal, and no appeal against it was lodged after the 5 working days given by the court. However, I still haven't heard from the Appeal Implementation Unit (AIU), which apparently is part of the Home Office (HO). But when I phone the HO, they said they that they have nothing to do with AIU and they haven't received a letter regrading the decision from the tribunal. I called the court, they said they sent the letter of decision the same time they sent mine.

Fisrtly, does anyone know the details of the AIU - address and phone number/s? Also, does anyone know how long it takes for the HO to return an endorsed passport after winnning an appeal case? Thanks.

troubled

Post by troubled » Mon Apr 12, 2010 2:29 pm

I think it takes about 4 weeks for AIU to response.Check the website of AIT for details or the link below
http://www.tribunals.gov.uk/immigration ... s/FAQ6.htm

Doe2000
Newly Registered

Post by Doe2000 » Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:09 am

Hello Troubled - Thank you for the link. I got some other important information that you might need when you appeal is allowed (fingers crossed for you). Once you get your decision, call this numbers after 5 days if the HO does not appeal against it. POU - 02920924748 or 02089172039 . They are the people who should act after your appeal has been allowed. Below are two addresses of the Appeal Implementation Unit. Write to both regarding your case.

UKBA
The Home Office
Appeals Directorate
Appeal Implementation Uni
P O Box 502
Leeds, LS1 2ZE

or

Appeal Implementation Uni
Waterside House
471 Krikstall Road
Leeds, LS4 2QB

Good luck and pliz keep me posted, I'll write them today.

jimkam

Post by jimkam » Fri Apr 16, 2010 9:46 am

Doe2000 wrote: call this numbers after 5 days if the HO does not appeal against it. POU - 02920924748 or 02089172039 . They are the people who should act after your appeal has been allowed.

Hi Doe2000,

My appeal was allowed 2 days ago. I will check with the AIT after 5 days to see if the HO have appealed against the judge's decision. If not can i call this number regardless of where my appeal was heard? The number you've provided is a London number but my appeal was heard in Wales. Is this a central or national number? or Do i need to find the details for the POU office in Wales? Please advice. OR anyone please advice. Thanks.

Doe2000
Newly Registered

Post by Doe2000 » Fri Apr 16, 2010 1:11 pm

Hello Jimkam,
The second one is actually Cardif (Wales) number - 029....., but they dont pick a call. The central AIU is in Leeds but they are closing. Ideally, your decision should be have been sent to the Presenting Officers Unit in Cardiff. My suggestion is that you send the photocopy of your decision to Leeds AIU office

UK Border Agency
Appeal Implementation Unit
Home Office
PO Box 502
Leeds
LS1 2ZE

They will not deal with it in Leeds but they will send it to the right address on your behalf in Cardiff. Cardiff will then send it to the Office that dealt with your case, i mean those who sent you a letter of refusal in the first place. To make things faster, you also can send a copy to them directly, but do it after 5 days have past. Send all letters with recorded delivery so dt you can monitor them. Keep me posted.