ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

To be or not to be.

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

plasticirish
Newly Registered

To be or not to be.

Post by plasticirish » Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:35 pm

I need a second opinion. I worked in the construction industry. I got my long term residency already. I lost my job last year and my parents had some problems so I went home for a bit. Well, guess what, it cannot be any better for timing, I received a letter from GNIB and looking for my P21, bank statements and payslips for my citizenship application which I applied in 2007. Well, I was home for past 7 months. I was not working since beginning of last year.

I was wondering. If I go back to Ireland now but could not find a job. I guess GNIB will automatically tell me no for my citizenship application since I do not have a job, right? I know it is very hard to find any job in Ireland right now. Anyone can give me a second opinion about if I should go back to Ireland and try? Thank you.

smalltime

Post by smalltime » Fri Apr 16, 2010 4:50 pm

Hi

You have to be happy where you are... if you want to stay in Ireland you will have to find a job to get the citizenship. If you are hesitant then why come back, ask yourself are you in a happy state now? will you regret your decision in the future?

anyway there a saying

if theres a will.. theres a way...

no retreat no surrender :)