ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Marriage visa / non-EU

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

manuelaux

Marriage visa / non-EU

Post by manuelaux » Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:29 am

So, we would like to register Civil Partnership in the U.K.

We are both non-EU citizens and outside U.K. We would like to do that after we were advised from many people on this forum to do that.(because we plan to apply for Tier1 visa and I would like that my boyfriend come with me as my dependant and as I've been advised here that is very difficult to get unmarried couple visa...).

We already have spoken to Reg. Off. and they directed us that we have to get Visit Visa (marriage visa).

We are planing to apply for that visa ASAP. Can you please advice me what documents should include in our visa application.

All I can find on the internet is the case when one of the partners is UK or EU/EEA. We are both non-EU.

Thank you!

MPH80
Respected Guru

Post by MPH80 » Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:12 am

manuelaux

Post by manuelaux » Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:23 am

Hi MPH80!

Thanks.

I was not exact in my question... Do we need to give supporting documents that prove that we are together or something like that?

Thank you!

Kitty

Post by Kitty » Mon Mar 15, 2010 12:58 pm

HI manuelaux. The guidance for Marriage Visitor applicants is here:

http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/howtoapply ... rs#9248746

It's not very extensive. Basically I think your main concerns are to provide evidence that you are planning to enter a CP during the 6-months your visas will be valid, and to show that you are then going to leave the UK. Remember you have to satisfy the general requirements for visitors.

Suggested evidence:

Details of the Register Office where you have made enquiries, and printouts of any correspondence, information etc. you have gathered should be supplied. I do not know how far you can go with bookings, notices etc. before you actually arrive: check with the Register Office and get as far as you can.

Details of any ongoing commitments in Croatia should show you intend to leave: jobs, tenancy agreements, family ties etc.

Evidence that you can fund yourselves (i.e. you won't claim any public funds and won't be trying to find work).

Details of any accommodation you have arranged in advance.

A return ticket, or the funds to pay for one.

I know Wanderer did mention in your other thread that he thought there was some kind of proof-of-relationship requirement for proposed civil partners. I have to say I can't see it anywhere in those terms (apart from the much more specific requirement to show you are planning to enter a CP), but he may come in and let us know!

manuelaux

Post by manuelaux » Mon Mar 15, 2010 2:19 pm

Thanx Kitty!

I'm searching all around and I cannot find any information that I have to prove anything else but that I will leave the UK after that.

We are going to do that probably next week so I will share my experience :)

manuelaux

Post by manuelaux » Fri Apr 16, 2010 4:52 pm

We got visa!!!!

Thank you all!!!!

MPH80
Respected Guru

Post by MPH80 » Fri Apr 16, 2010 5:03 pm

Fantastic news - I look forward to hearing of your further success under tier 1 with your partner as a dependant.

Kitty

Post by Kitty » Sat Apr 17, 2010 8:11 am

Congratulations manuelaux!

Best of luck.