ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Invalid Application ...... Non Payment by Bank...

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Saikripa
Newly Registered

Invalid Application ...... Non Payment by Bank...

Post by Saikripa » Sat Apr 17, 2010 2:26 am

S.O.S

I submit my application on 28 March 2010 and got Acknowledgement from Home Office of receipt of application on 31st with reference number.

I provided my debit card details for the payment of Tier 1 Fees for myself and my dependents which came to total of GBP 920. I opted this method as it was fastest way of processing application.

I kept checking my bank account but no payment was taken by home office till 9th April 2010. On 13th I got letter from home office with entire documents and application that Payment was not made due to insufficient fund or detail provide in payment section were not correct.

I spoke with bank before making application and they confirm that amount is fine and no issues in opting for this channel. Now bank is saying that merchandise way of transection are limited to GBP 750 per 24 hours to avoid fraudulent things happening in banking sector. This came as shock to me as I was not aware of this thing.

To be true, I had enough amount till date to meet application fee and details provided in application form were checked atleast 10-12 times before sending application. I recheck about any handwriting issue through photocopy which I preserved for personal use, everything is clear in application.

I have send a mail back to person who rejected my application and indicated him with proof of bank statement 'authorised by bank' that funds were there when application was made and details provided were correct, I sent photocopy of Payment section of Application form to ensure case officer that details provided were correct.

Now, I am not eligible with new point based system introduced on 6th April 2010 and letter indicated to apply with fresh application.

Please can anyone help me out with what options I have, so that my application is processed with old points based system, as my application was submitted before 6th April 2010

Thanks for reading my query.....

tier1_aspirant_del

Post by tier1_aspirant_del » Sat Apr 17, 2010 7:18 am

Hi Saikripa,

I am afraid to say that nobody can do anything here. If ur bank is saying that daily max limit is 750 GBP on ur debit card then nobody can do anything..

If u apply after April 6 then u will definitely come under new rules.

Let's senior comment more on your case. They will be able to tell u more precisely ab it..

Saikripa
Newly Registered

Post by Saikripa » Sat Apr 17, 2010 7:47 am

Thanks for reading my query.....

I was provided wrong information by one of Phone Banking rep at ICICI Bank, In case I was provided correct information I might have opted for different payment method.

Is there any way I can hire solicitor to fight for my case, only thing required is resubmission of application using old point system when application was made.

If nothing can be done then its better not to waste money and time. I was damn sure that my visa will be thru, but this external factor made everything fade out and came as a shock.

tier1_aspirant_del

Post by tier1_aspirant_del » Mon Apr 19, 2010 4:40 am

Hi Saikripa,

I can understand your pain. You are suffering just because of ignorance of ICICI bank customer care executive.

I am not sure about legal things which can be done here. Prima facie this appears to be a case against ICICI not UKBA. And I see very dim chances of your application being accepted according to old rules by UKBA as it was not at all their mistake.

As I said earlier Seniors on this forum would guide you better. Lets see what they come up with.

Saikripa
Newly Registered

Post by Saikripa » Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:20 pm

I am looking for my options, if anyone can help me out with that.
- Shall I request for appeal, or
- Judicial Review

If anyone can advice on this will be great.

ram80
United Kingdom

Post by ram80 » Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:55 pm

Hi,

1. It is not the UKBA's problem that the bank didn't make the payment.. Hence asking the UKBA is not going to help at all.

2. I doubt if you can even fight against ICICI Bank, unless you have the phone conversation recorded. Even if you have it recorded, there is slim chance that you can do anything since they will find 101 excuses to say that you were not clear enough in your request.

I can feel your pain, but perhaps you can do some additional work to get your income up to the new points levels.

Sushil-ACCA
Diamond Member

Post by Sushil-ACCA » Tue Apr 20, 2010 6:29 pm

tier1_aspirant_del wrote:Hi Saikripa,

I can understand your pain. You are suffering just because of ignorance of ICICI bank customer care executive.

I am not sure about legal things which can be done here. Prima facie this appears to be a case against ICICI not UKBA. And I see very dim chances of your application being accepted according to old rules by UKBA as it was not at all their mistake.

As I said earlier Seniors on this forum would guide you better. Lets see what they come up with.
ICICI also made life hell for one of my client , a case like yrs

Sushil-ACCA
Diamond Member

Post by Sushil-ACCA » Tue Apr 20, 2010 6:31 pm

ram80 wrote:Hi,

1. It is not the UKBA's problem that the bank didn't make the payment.. Hence asking the UKBA is not going to help at all.

2. I doubt if you can even fight against ICICI Bank, unless you have the phone conversation recorded. Even if you have it recorded, there is slim chance that you can do anything since they will find 101 excuses to say that you were not clear enough in your request.

I can feel your pain, but perhaps you can do some additional work to get your income up to the new points levels.

YES HE RIGHT add self employed earning to get required points before yr visa run out

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sun Sep 05, 2010 12:51 pm

Saikripa, your post regarding Tier 2 queries has been moved to the forum appropriate for it (Tier 2 forum). Click here.

regards