ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Proof of Accomodation

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Iqraa

Proof of Accomodation

Post by Iqraa » Sat Apr 17, 2010 2:11 pm

I have applied as a dependent to my husband holding Tier 1 Visa. As a proof of accommodation he had provided the tenancy agreement and the inventory report of the flat he had rented in Feb 2010. The very same month I had to apply and I submitted both the things he had provided me. My concerns are:

1) The tenancy agreement is from the same month i.e. Feb 2010 in which I have applied. Do you think the high commission wll have any issues with it? My husband moved in this new house the very same month i applied for the visa.

2) Due to this same reason, I was unable to provide any utility bills or council tax papers as he moved into this new house in feb and the same month i applied. Do you think the High commission will have any issues with us not being able to provide any utility bills as a proof of our accommodation?

3) The bank statement for last three months all have my husbands old address on them where as no statement has the new address as the very last statement we got before moving to the new house was also sent on the old address. Will the HC ppl hav ne issues as to why the address on the statements is different frm the one provided in the tenency agreement?

Please help me with my queries..

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Sat Apr 17, 2010 3:59 pm

No, you are OK in all the cases mentioned; Tenancy Agreement itself is good enough in ur case.

Iqraa

Post by Iqraa » Sun Apr 18, 2010 7:14 pm

tvn_ramesh wrote:No, you are OK in all the cases mentioned; Tenancy Agreement itself is good enough in ur case.
Hi Ramesh,

One more ques plz..

I applied on 25th of Feb. The bank statement i have provided are from:

November (From 1st nov to 30th nov)
December (from Dec 1 to Dec end)
January (from January 1 to january 30)

Is this fine or should I have provided for oct as well?

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:58 pm

Iqraa wrote:
tvn_ramesh wrote:No, you are OK in all the cases mentioned; Tenancy Agreement itself is good enough in ur case.
Hi Ramesh,

One more ques plz..

If thats for maintenance fund statement for latest 3 months (provided the last date of the period is not more than 1 month old on the application date) is what you need
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

Iqraa

Post by Iqraa » Sun Apr 18, 2010 9:01 pm

push wrote:
Iqraa wrote:
Hi Ramesh,

One more ques plz..

If thats for maintenance fund statement for latest 3 months (provided the last date of the period is not more than 1 month old on the application date) is what you need
Yeah..thats what im confused with..having applied on 25th feb..r the statements provided by me correct? do they fulfill this "last date of the period is not more than 1 month old on the application date" requirement?

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Sun Apr 18, 2010 9:06 pm

Iqraa wrote:
push wrote:
Iqraa wrote:
Hi Ramesh,

One more ques plz..

Yeah..thats what im confused with..having applied on 25th feb..r the statements provided by me correct? do they fulfill this "last date of the period is not more than 1 month old on the application date" requirement?
Yes. If you applied on 25th Feb the last date of the statement should have been no earlier than 26th Jan. You should be fine.
regards,
push

Iqraa

Post by Iqraa » Sun Apr 18, 2010 9:08 pm

push wrote:
Iqraa wrote:
push wrote:
Iqraa wrote:
Hi Ramesh,

One more ques plz..

Yes. If you applied on 25th Feb the last date of the statement should have been no earlier than 26th Jan. You should be fine.
Thanks a million :)

If one last favor you could do plz..read my initial post in this thread about accommodation..are you sure its going to work,,the way we have given evidence for our accommodation?

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Sun Apr 18, 2010 10:19 pm

ya. that should be fine too
regards,
push

ifti12

Re: Proof of Accomodation

Post by ifti12 » Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:48 am

Iqraa wrote:I have applied as a dependent to my husband holding Tier 1 Visa. As a proof of accommodation he had provided the tenancy agreement and the inventory report of the flat he had rented in Feb 2010. The very same month I had to apply and I submitted both the things he had provided me. My concerns are:

1) The tenancy agreement is from the same month i.e. Feb 2010 in which I have applied. Do you think the high commission wll have any issues with it? My husband moved in this new house the very same month i applied for the visa.

I don't think this should be a problem at all.

2) Due to this same reason, I was unable to provide any utility bills or council tax papers as he moved into this new house in feb and the same month i applied. Do you think the High commission will have any issues with us not being able to provide any utility bills as a proof of our accommodation?

Utility bills are optional means good to have but I never heared or read that someone is rejected due to this reason as a accomodation proof.

3) The bank statement for last three months all have my husbands old address on them where as no statement has the new address as the very last statement we got before moving to the new house was also sent on the old address. Will the HC ppl hav ne issues as to why the address on the statements is different frm the one provided in the tenency agreement?

Again good to have the bank statement with the same address but I never heared or read that someone refused due to this reason.

ifti12

Post by ifti12 » Tue Apr 20, 2010 12:06 pm

Iqraa wrote:I have applied as a dependent to my husband holding Tier 1 Visa. As a proof of accommodation he had provided the tenancy agreement and the inventory report of the flat he had rented in Feb 2010. The very same month I had to apply and I submitted both the things he had provided me. My concerns are:

One question for you.

How long tenancy aggrement period is mentioned on the letter you have provided? Is it a month, 3 months or 6 months or more. The longer the period it is showing the more you can expect this as solid proof. But again never heared or read that someone is rejected because showing tenancy agreement only for three months.

ifti12

Post by ifti12 » Tue Apr 20, 2010 12:13 pm

push wrote:
Iqraa wrote:
push wrote:
Iqraa wrote:
Hi Ramesh,

One more ques plz..

Yes push is right. Iqraa you are very lucky because there is only a differnce of 4 days and you are completely safe but don't you know this (A bank statement should not be earlier than a month before application date) before applying? If your last statement would be earlier than 26th then this could be a solid reason to refuse you but you are completely safe in this case.

Iqraa

Post by Iqraa » Tue Apr 20, 2010 7:32 pm

ifti12 wrote:

One question for you.

How long tenancy aggrement period is mentioned on the letter you have provided? Is it a month, 3 months or 6 months or more. The longer the period it is showing the more you can expect this as solid proof. But again never heared or read that someone is rejected because showing tenancy agreement only for three months.
\

The tenancy agreement is for 6 months i.e. starting onwards from Feb.

Iqraa

Post by Iqraa » Tue Apr 20, 2010 7:33 pm

ifti12 wrote:
push wrote:
Iqraa wrote:
push wrote:If thats for maintenance fund statement for latest 3 months (provided the last date of the period is not more than 1 month old on the application date) is what you need
Yes push is right. Iqraa you are very lucky because there is only a differnce of 4 days and you are completely safe but don't you know this (A bank statement should not be earlier than a month before application date) before applying? If your last statement would be earlier than 26th then this could be a solid reason to refuse you but you are completely safe in this case.

Thanks God :) I was scared to death of this bank statement thing. By the way get back to the other thread and read the latest about my happenings today with Abu Dhabi and FedEx :)