ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Permanent residency on spouse visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

journey

Permanent residency on spouse visa

Post by journey » Sun Feb 19, 2006 11:01 pm

Dear Moderators,

I would like to seek your advice on permanent residency on the basis of marriage to British citizen.

I have now been married for almost four years to British citizen and living together since then, although 2 years spouse visa was awarded only last year in May 05.

I have been in full time employment for almost 5 years and living in spacious rented accommodation.

Could you please kindly advice that can I apply for permanent residency visa on the basis of above? Or I will have to wait until my present visa gets expired.

Many thanks for your valuable advices, which are always very useful.

Journey

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Mon Feb 20, 2006 6:44 am

You are not eligible to apply for ILR at the present time. Your application for that, on form SET(M), needs to be submitted in the last 28 days of validity of your current two-year spouse visa.

Have you downloaded a form SET(M)? If not I recommend you do that now ... click here ... and read the requirements for documents to be submitted with the application when it is made. IMHO it is never too soon to start ensuring that the correct documentation will be available.

Also there is no harm you studying for and hopefully passing the Citizenship Test.
John