ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Residence Permit: Restrictions?

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

somu
Newly Registered

Residence Permit: Restrictions?

Post by somu » Sat Apr 17, 2010 9:10 pm

I am currently in UK having Residence permit with Limited Leave to Remain, valid till Aug,2012. My visa states as follows: Limited Leave to remain in the UK. No Recourse to public funds. Able to work as authorised by the Secretary of State.
I would like to check any applicable work restrictions for myself. Please advise if I can change employers with my existing Visa.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sat Apr 17, 2010 9:28 pm

Please don't make multiple posts on the same topic.

On what basis have your received your current leave to remain (residence permit)? Tier 1 (General) / Tier 2 / smething else?

regards

somu
Newly Registered

Post by somu » Sat Apr 17, 2010 11:33 pm

Thanks for your reply. To your query, Please note that Initially, I had a work permit from my previous employer. When I changed employer, My visa stamping shows residence permit as stated above.

arsenal49
Diamond Member

Post by arsenal49 » Sun Apr 18, 2010 12:03 am

what sort of visa application you made???

help us help you. anyone who applies for visa gets the "residence permit"

the restrictions you have told us about is very uch similar to those issued a student visa... so again, what sort of application you made for this visa

regards