ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

visiting from the US

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

chakku71

visiting from the US

Post by chakku71 » Sat Apr 17, 2010 7:32 am

Hi a quick query,
My brother (Indian citizen) is working in the US (H1 visa) & his wife (dependent H4 visa) is going back and wants to visit me on their way back. He completed work for 3 years and got an extension for another year but is leaving before it expires (another 8 months before it expires). They are planning to stay for only a week and would produce flight tickets both in and out of UK if and when they decide to come. Unfortunately, the new extension of visa is a document rather than a stamp on the passport. He was told by travel & tour operators that he will not be given entry to the UK as there is no valid stamp on the passport. Has anyone in the forum come across/experienced such a scenario. I would think that they would need to apply for a visit visa. Any comments are deeply appreciated
BB

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Sat Apr 17, 2010 7:37 am

chakku71, they need to obtain visitor visas before leaving the USA. Without those they will be denied entrance to the UK.
John

chakku71

Post by chakku71 » Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:34 am

John wrote:chakku71, they need to obtain visitor visas before leaving the USA. Without those they will be denied entrance to the UK.
Thank You, I realise that but I am told since they do not have a visa stamp on the passport they are at a disadvantage/loss to get a visitors visa
BB

UKBAbble

Post by UKBAbble » Mon Apr 19, 2010 12:39 am

chakku71 wrote:
John wrote:chakku71, they need to obtain visitor visas before leaving the USA. Without those they will be denied entrance to the UK.
Thank You, I realise that but I am told since they do not have a visa stamp on the passport they are at a disadvantage/loss to get a visitors visa
No that's nonsense.

kewlclassic

Post by kewlclassic » Wed Aug 25, 2010 4:40 pm

chakku71 wrote:
Hi Chakku71,

Did you applied for UK visit visa? Did you got it?

I am in the same situation like you and want to apply for UK visit visa.

I have a valid I797 and I94 but the stamping on the passport has expired. Will this be a problem in getting the UK visit visa?

Appreciate your response.

Thanks

chakku71

Post by chakku71 » Mon Aug 30, 2010 2:40 pm

kewlclassic wrote:
chakku71 wrote:
Hi Chakku71,

Did you applied for UK visit visa? Did you got it?

I am in the same situation like you and want to apply for UK visit visa.

I have a valid I797 and I94 but the stamping on the passport has expired. Will this be a problem in getting the UK visit visa?

Appreciate your response.

Thanks
It was my brother. He had no problem in visiting me in the UK
BB

kewlclassic

Post by kewlclassic » Mon Aug 30, 2010 6:06 pm

thanks chakku.

Can i contact your brother for details?