ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

7 year old boy

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

rogerq

7 year old boy

Post by rogerq » Sun Apr 18, 2010 9:37 am

Hi everyone

My wife and stepson arrived in England in June 2007, under a spouse visa. Last year they both got their ILR.
This June my wife will apply for UK citizenship. Can anyone help regarding my stepsons situation?

Looking at the home office website, it states that a child can apply by discretion according to the childs situation. Has anyone any advice how we can get him a UK Passport as his long term future is here with us in England.

Thanks in advance

Roger

f2k
Diamond Member

Post by f2k » Sun Apr 18, 2010 9:42 pm

I think your stepson can apply the same time as his mom applies. Use the Form MN1 have a look at The Guide MN1 as well. I believe it should be straight forward enough. Once you receive the Registration Certificate for him then you can apply for a UK passport for hom

rogerq

Post by rogerq » Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:52 pm

thanks

i wonder if his application might be strengthened by his mother gaining citizenship first??

any ideas anyone?