ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependent Processing Time (Karachi VAC)

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ifti12

Dependent Processing Time (Karachi VAC)

Post by ifti12 » Mon Apr 12, 2010 5:41 pm

Hi,

Applied on 2 Feb 2009 for wife and 2 kids and still waiting for response. Please share your time frame. Is there any one who got Tier 1 (General) dependent visa from Karachi VAC applied in February?

Thanks.

dr in distress

Post by dr in distress » Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:12 pm

i applied for tier 2 dependant category on 10 march still no reply.

Iqraa

Post by Iqraa » Thu Apr 15, 2010 1:19 pm

Hi

I had applied as a dependant to my husband who is on tier 1 visa in UK, from karachi on the 25th of Feb. Still waiting for results. Today i called Abu Dhabi and got to know the my application has been processed and awaiting decision. Earlier since start, they kept saying thats its under processing.

any idea how long it will take?

uma103
Newly Registered

Post by uma103 » Thu Apr 15, 2010 1:28 pm

I applied for my Mrs on 08th Feb 2010 and got back it today and its declined :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Iqraa

Post by Iqraa » Thu Apr 15, 2010 3:10 pm

uma103 wrote:I applied for my Mrs on 08th Feb 2010 and got back it today and its declined :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
What was the exact reason for rejection. Please state so that it may help us a bit; those who are still waiting for their results..

I am so sorry for ur wife. Let me know reason. May be we there is some way of reconsideration

ali_hsn

Post by ali_hsn » Thu Apr 15, 2010 5:23 pm

hi,

My wife applied for Tier 1 Dependant from Lahore VAC on the 27th of the January. Still waiting,

regards,
Ali
all is well that ends well

Iqraa

Post by Iqraa » Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:50 pm

I m getting restless..cud anyone please let me know if they have called Abu Dhabi for their application status..Today they told me my application has been processed..has sum1 gone thru the same thing?

also, UMA123 please let us know why ur wife's visa got rejected plz..

I am so scared..

missri

Post by missri » Thu Apr 15, 2010 11:50 pm

I had a bad experience when I called Abu Dhabi; so forget about it. The good thing is your case has been processed. It should be a matter of days before you get a call from Gerrys to collect your passport.
Hopefully you'll get a positive response.

Iqraa

Post by Iqraa » Fri Apr 16, 2010 11:13 am

missri wrote:I had a bad experience when I called Abu Dhabi; so forget about it. The good thing is your case has been processed. It should be a matter of days before you get a call from Gerrys to collect your passport.
Hopefully you'll get a positive response.
Hey what about your visa? When had u applied and for whom? Are you still waiting for it or have you received any response yet?

I personally find Abu Dhabi ppl better than Pak FedEx guys. They are basically dependent on Abu Dhabi so not much use calling them. Unless our applications are sent by Abu Dhabi to FedEx, our fedEx guys keep saying appl is under process,where as Abu Dhabi ppl told me it has been processed but still fedex today told me its UNDER PROCESSING.

Seriously, I have a feeling that i will get a response this week but im so scared of the thought of going and receiving the passport...thr r so many negative stories i hav heard about how they decline the visas on petty issues..im hell scared :(

Iqraa

Post by Iqraa » Sun Apr 18, 2010 1:38 pm

ali_hsn wrote:hi,

My wife applied for Tier 1 Dependant from Lahore VAC on the 27th of the January. Still waiting,

regards,
Ali
Today I called Abu Dhabi..they said that it will take one more week for them to post the passport etc to Karachi. Decision has been made.

uma103
Newly Registered

Post by uma103 » Sun Apr 18, 2010 3:18 pm

Iqraa wrote:
uma103 wrote:I applied for my Mrs on 08th Feb 2010 and got back it today and its declined :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
What was the exact reason for rejection. Please state so that it may help us a bit; those who are still waiting for their results..

I am so sorry for ur wife. Let me know reason. May be we there is some way of reconsideration

My bank statement was few days over a month when my Mrs applied... She confirmed it form Gerrys and thay looked at it and advised that its all ok and she can go ahead submitting it and if highcommision need thay will ask you for an updated bank statement or thay can varify it from you bank aswell... but i got it back after 2 and half months saying thay are refusing it as i cannot prove i got £550 throughout in my account since last 3 months...

Well we had 6 monts bank statements old and balance never came below even £5000 and constatnly my salary comming into account aswell but just as it was a few days over a month so thay refused on the ground that i not got sufficent funds :( :( :( ......... but i admit its my mistake as after reading all the immigration rules now, bank statements shouldnt be more than month in any case... but i was miss advised by gerrys....

Well i still got full right to appeal against the decision and had already plans to go pakistan last friday but due to volcano eruptions all the airports are closed and i an alternate flight offered today but its again all in vain.... and now i cant even send my bank statements by post aswell... so iam not sure what will appen... but still fingers crossed...

All the best to you... i hope it wont be any issue if your bank statements are not month old.. :-)

ifti12

Post by ifti12 » Sun Apr 18, 2010 3:51 pm

uma103 wrote:
Iqraa wrote:

My bank statement was few days over a month when my Mrs applied... She confirmed it form Gerrys and thay looked at it and advised that its all ok and she can go ahead submitting it and if highcommision need thay will ask you for an updated bank statement or thay can varify it from you bank aswell... but i got it back after 2 and half months saying thay are refusing it as i cannot prove i got £550 throughout in my account since last 3 months...

Well we had 6 monts bank statements old and balance never came below even £5000 and constatnly my salary comming into account aswell but just as it was a few days over a month so thay refused on the ground that i not got sufficent funds :( :( :( ......... but i admit its my mistake as after reading all the immigration rules now, bank statements shouldnt be more than month in any case... but i was miss advised by gerrys....

Well i still got full right to appeal against the decision and had already plans to go pakistan last friday but due to volcano eruptions all the airports are closed and i an alternate flight offered today but its again all in vain.... and now i cant even send my bank statements by post aswell... so iam not sure what will appen... but still fingers crossed...

All the best to you... i hope it wont be any issue if your bank statements are not month old.. :-)

Bloody Gerrys, I don't have abusive words for them.

I am really sorry to hear this bad news. Gerrys is completely shit. You know when you called them they gonna ask you to give a call next week because your application is in process. Do you know what does that mean? Calling again and again means filling their account with more money by calling premium rate phone numbers. Secondly friends they are working as a post office and they don't know anything about visa regulation, policies and decision I would say never trust on them.

Let me tell you the truth. They don't allow me to go with my wife inside VAC first, bloody hell I am applying visa for my wife and two kids who's ages are 6 months and 2 years and we got loads of papers, senseless people. Secondly my wife told me that these guys were asking questions from each other and not sure which document needs to be submit and which one not. Completely shit.

I am really sorry for harsh wordings but only a person knew the feelings who's visa is rejected.

Don't worry uma103 you definitely have admin review rights, go ahead with this.

uma103
Newly Registered

Post by uma103 » Sun Apr 18, 2010 4:22 pm

I completely agree ... it was checked twice from gerrys and thay miss advised.. but i will say its my mistake too as if you dig deep into immigration rules than its written there aswell.. i should have done it myself but i dont know why i didnt did that and relaied on gerrys information..

According to UKBA website there is need to admin review as its for point based system applicants only and as i already had tier 1 before getting married so my Mrs got full rights to appeal..

http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/howtoapply ... t#21799973

Currently I am planning to appeal against the decision to First-tier Tribunal as its seems impossible to post bank statements to pakistan due to volcanic ash and all grounded flights.

any one got idea how to write an appeal ?? i am trying to find templates but there seems nothing available...

uma103
Newly Registered

Post by uma103 » Sun Apr 18, 2010 4:24 pm

uma103 wrote:I completely agree ... it was checked twice from gerrys and thay miss advised.. but i will say its my mistake too as if you dig deep into immigration rules than its written there aswell.. i should have done it myself but i dont know why i didnt did that and relaied on gerrys information..

According to UKBA website there is need to admin review as its for point based system applicants only and as i already had tier 1 before getting married so my Mrs got full rights to appeal..

http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/howtoapply ... t#21799973

Currently I am planning to appeal against the decision to First-tier Tribunal as its seems impossible to post bank statements to pakistan due to volcanic ash and all grounded flights.

any one got idea how to write an appeal ?? i am trying to find templates but there seems nothing available...

*** I mean NO need to admin review

Iqraa

DO NOT APPEAL....MAKE NEW APPLICATION

Post by Iqraa » Sun Apr 18, 2010 5:58 pm

Do not appeal..
Appeal should be done when you have fulfilled all the requirements and still visa has been refused. In your case, its clearly a mistake on your side so in appeal as well she will be refused visa.

Please remember, appeal is to be done on legal ground. You can not appeal to their sympathy that you were misled by Gerry's.

Secondly, appeal process takes months even upto a year. So its not worth doing. I would suggest you make another application a new one, that will be sorted in 2-3 months. If you appeal your wife will be stuck here for around a year without you. SO PLEASE DO NOT APPEAL...MAKE A NEW APPLICATION.

Iqraa

one more thing........about not appealing

Post by Iqraa » Sun Apr 18, 2010 6:07 pm

One more thing......

in appeal you can not provide any additional document. you have to send the same document for appeal as you sent for your original application...this is so because they want to look into whether a mistake was made from their side...

in your case, you would still be sending the same bank statement...so it will again get rejected. because they will check the date of your original application and then look at your bank statements...

uma103
Newly Registered

Re: one more thing........about not appealing

Post by uma103 » Sun Apr 18, 2010 6:38 pm

Iqraa wrote:One more thing......

in appeal you can not provide any additional document. you have to send the same document for appeal as you sent for your original application...this is so because they want to look into whether a mistake was made from their side...

in your case, you would still be sending the same bank statement...so it will again get rejected. because they will check the date of your original application and then look at your bank statements...
Well its always worth giving a try.. UKBA workflow saying it could be 11 weeks and new process took 10 weeks for me anyway + my mrs is still in univ so she cant make it till summer holidays so i might go for it..

http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/resources/en/ ... lslodgeduk

On the refusal doc its saying that

If you decide to appeal against the refusal of your application, the decision will be reviewed in the conjunction with your grounds of appeal. If you have any additional documentation which addresses the reasons of refusal , you are strongly advised to submit it with your notice of appeal, as it may be possible to resolve the points at issue without the necessity for an appeal hearing.

and one more thing... refusal is not because we didnt submitted the last bank statement.. but it is because we are unable to prove that we got funds in bank account... and reason for this is that last bank statement was few days over a month...

On Refusal doc its saying that :

As laid out in the Appendix E of the Immigration rules , you must show that your sponsor has 533 pounds in available funds(per dependent applying) , for three consecutive months, within a period of a month from the date of your application. You have submitted a bank statements, which is not dates within a month of your application.
I am therefore not satisfied that there is a sufficient level of funds available to you as set out in Appendix E. 319c(g)

so i think i can appeal against the Reason that i not got Sufficient level of funds available in my account by submitting additional docs which is my upto date bank statements which clearly show balance never went below £533 ....

ali_hsn

Post by ali_hsn » Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:39 am

Hi uma103,

I am sure, the BHC will still come up with another story. All they do these days is look for a reason to refuse your application. If you believe your case is strong then go for it!
It clearly states in the rules that you need atleast three months bank statementsfor the evidence of funds. If you can get hold of statements three months prior to your application date then that should do the trick for you. I am not sure if they will accept the statements after the date of application.

Best of luck with the appeal!

regards,
Ali
all is well that ends well

Iqraa

Post by Iqraa » Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:42 am

ali_hsn wrote:Hi uma103,

I am sure, the BHC will still come up with another story. All they do these days is look for a reason to refuse your application. If you believe your case is strong then go for it!
It clearly states in the rules that you need atleast three months bank statementsfor the evidence of funds. If you can get hold of statements three months prior to your application date then that should do the trick for you. I am not sure if they will accept the statements after the date of application.

regards,
Ali
I again called Abu Dhabi today. They say the very same thing everyday that my application has been processed and will take around a week now before I can get my passport. This waiting is so hard. From all the above discussions, what I generally feel is the maintainance fund is the most imp point of rejection and most of the visas are rejected due to insufficient funds available. However I was thinking of what other possible reasons they might have to reject visas other than funds availability? Any idea?

ifti12

Post by ifti12 » Mon Apr 19, 2010 12:13 pm

Iqraa wrote:

regards,
Ali
I again called Abu Dhabi today. They say the very same thing everyday that my application has been processed and will take around a week now before I can get my passport. This waiting is so hard. From all the above discussions, what I generally feel is the maintainance fund is the most imp point of rejection and most of the visas are rejected due to insufficient funds available. However I was thinking of what other possible reasons they might have to reject visas other than funds availability? Any idea?
Yes I do agree that on of the top most refusal reason is "Funds maintenance". Some common causes are insufficient funds, bank statement not submitted at all, Add uma103 reason (Bank statement is very older than a month prior to application). Submitted bank for some fixed amount means the amount was sufficient but no transactions at all. Submitted multiple bank statements to fullfil the requirement means for showing 2000 one statement is showing 1000 and other one is also 1000. Which is obviously not fullfilling the requirements.

Other reason in my knowledge are:

1) No papers submitted for Accommodation.
2) Most of the marriage photograph submitted were not group photos and only couples appears on photos or few photographs.

mirza
Newly Registered

Re: DO NOT APPEAL....MAKE NEW APPLICATION

Post by mirza » Mon Apr 19, 2010 3:25 pm

Iqraa wrote:Do not appeal..
Appeal should be done when you have fulfilled all the requirements and still visa has been refused. In your case, its clearly a mistake on your side so in appeal as well she will be refused visa.

Please remember, appeal is to be done on legal ground. You can not appeal to their sympathy that you were misled by Gerry's.

Secondly, appeal process takes months even upto a year. So its not worth doing. I would suggest you make another application a new one, that will be sorted in 2-3 months. If you appeal your wife will be stuck here for around a year without you. SO PLEASE DO NOT APPEAL...MAKE A NEW APPLICATION.
Yes Iqraa is 100% right. DO NOT APPEAL.... Send new fresh application with all new up to date documents... APPEAL process will take atleast one year... its dead slow...

aaa123
BANNED

Post by aaa123 » Mon Apr 19, 2010 3:56 pm

Pretty basic question:

Could you guys list what documents u enclosed. Reference letter, does it have to be from my company or company letter headed paper also what it should include?

can I apply for my wife visa from UKI mean if she can send me filled out form then can i send it to Abu Dahbi??

thanks in advance

Iqraa

Post by Iqraa » Mon Apr 19, 2010 5:51 pm

ifti12 wrote:
Iqraa wrote:

regards,
Ali
Yes I do agree that on of the top most refusal reason is "Funds maintenance". Some common causes are insufficient funds, bank statement not submitted at all, Add uma103 reason (Bank statement is very older than a month prior to application). Submitted bank for some fixed amount means the amount was sufficient but no transactions at all. Submitted multiple bank statements to fullfil the requirement means for showing 2000 one statement is showing 1000 and other one is also 1000. Which is obviously not fullfilling the requirements.

Other reason in my knowledge are:

1) No papers submitted for Accommodation.
2) Most of the marriage photograph submitted were not group photos and only couples appears on photos or few photographs.

Hey did u got any change in status? How do u track, do u just rely on ukvacpk.com or do you actually call in person (abu dhabi) and get updates? If so, then what have they told you? Its been long since you had applied on 2nd of Feb, ask me i applied on 25th of feb and still i feel as if years have passed :)

U are very true about the other reasons. I have put in as many pics of the ceremony as possible, additionally, before applying, i had got my NIC and Passport made with change in status so my husbands name appeared in both the things.

Lisn i will appreciate if you can do me a favor. I started another thread,

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... 305#363305

If you can kindly go through my first post of this thread and let me know your views on my accommodation queries. I had three basic issues with accommodation. Will be great if you can reply on them..

Iqraa

Re: DO NOT APPEAL....MAKE NEW APPLICATION

Post by Iqraa » Mon Apr 19, 2010 5:53 pm

mirza wrote:
Iqraa wrote:Do not appeal..

Yes Iqraa is 100% right. DO NOT APPEAL.... Send new fresh application with all new up to date documents... APPEAL process will take atleast one year... its dead slow...
Seriously appeal process is the worst thing to get urself into. They show it so nicely that you have full rights to appeal that ppl bcum emotional and get into this appeal process. In reality, its the worst thing as 6-8 months or in worst cases it could even take an year and there is no probability that even at the end of this year the appeal decision will be in your favor. On the contrary, applying fresh altogether is a simple process and may take 2-3 months (far better than 6-8 months of appeal)!!!!

jami
Member of Standing

Post by jami » Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:02 pm

For uma103

In spite of being a UK Solicitor dealings in appeals my advice is not to file appeal rather reapply. Appeal ll take 9-12 months till implementation of a favourable decsion and decsion would not be favouable. Rule is very clear and you are also admitting your mistake than appeal would be wastage of time,energy and resources.