ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

where can i apply?

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Meninha
Newly Registered

where can i apply?

Post by Meninha » Sun Apr 18, 2010 9:09 pm

Hi,
I`m from Brazil and i`m recently married with a EEA Member (Dutch). He lives in the UK and I`m still in brazil looking forward to get a visa.
after browsing through the website, I saw that I would be able to apply for the visa while I`m there(UK) with him (as a tourist). Is that correct?
Will I have any problems trying to enter in the uk as a tourist to visit my husband and apply to the visa?

86ti
Diamond Member

Post by 86ti » Mon Apr 19, 2010 8:30 am

For entrance clearance you would need to apply for a EEA family permit at a British consulate. If you want your status in the UK confirmed (and you will) you can apply for a Residence Card.

In principle, you should be able to board the airplane visa-less without problems as you are a non-visa national. You would have to present yourself as the spouse of an EEA national (hopefully) exercising treaty rights to the UK immigration officer and will most likely have to show proof of that (marriage certificate, proof of residence, proof of work/self-employment/sufficient means).

Meninha
Newly Registered

Post by Meninha » Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:34 am

Hi,
thaks for your answer =)

so , just to confirm, I can go to the uk as a non-EEA member, enter just with the tourist visa ant apply for the EEA visa THERE!... orrr i can apply for a residence permit. It isnt the same visa?
Is this residence permit the same rules as the EEA visa? ... do I need to have any different documents? is it free like the EEA visa?

thanksss

86ti
Diamond Member

Post by 86ti » Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:26 am

In fact, there are no visas at all, and no residence permits just as I said in my previous post. It is a two stage process:

http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/ecg/eunationalsschemes/
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/eucit ... ropeanlaw/

You can enter as a tourist if you qualify in this category, i.e. sufficient means and intent to return.

Since your spouse is already in the UK (you do not tell us what your spouse is doing here) the documents would essentially be the same. All applications are free. If you have married only recently you would also need to show that your marriage is genuine.