ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 Earnings Query ... Urgent Please !!

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

frrana

Tier 1 Earnings Query ... Urgent Please !!

Post by frrana » Fri Apr 16, 2010 4:19 pm

Dear All

I am salaried plus self employed. My Salaried employment is 25000 Uk pounds.

My self employment generated £12100 Gross but £10983 net salary after taking into account my expenses. I will paying my self employment taxes on £10983. My accountant has also confirmed my earnings.

So, How I add these two salaries together. Options are:

1) 25000 + 12100 OR

2) 25000 + 10983

Please all help

Faisal Rana

alimohmand

Post by alimohmand » Fri Apr 16, 2010 4:26 pm

2) 25000 + 10983 (home office will only consider your net profit if claiming points under self employment)
Good Luck

frrana

Post by frrana » Fri Apr 16, 2010 5:35 pm

alimohmand wrote:2)

25000 + 10983 (home office will only consider your net profit if claiming points under self employment)
Good Luck
Thank you very much !!

frrana

Earning

Post by frrana » Fri Apr 16, 2010 5:43 pm

frrana wrote:

25000 + 10983 (home office will only consider your net profit if claiming points under self employment)
Good Luck
Thank you very much !!
Could you help me a little !

When you add earnings on the application form. Do you add earnings in whole number like 25000 or 24999.55?

Thanks
Faisal

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Re: Earning

Post by aruni4470 » Fri Apr 16, 2010 6:54 pm

frrana wrote:
frrana wrote:

Good Luck
Thank you very much !!
Could you help me a little !

When you add earnings on the application form. Do you add earnings in whole number like 25000 or 24999.55?

Thanks
Faisal
The exact earnings 24999.55

arsenal49
Diamond Member

Post by arsenal49 » Sat Apr 17, 2010 1:49 am

oh boy.. i seriously hope that figure of 24999.55 was for argument's sake only. you would not want to come short of 25 k by mere pennies

regards

linkin

Post by linkin » Sun Apr 18, 2010 9:44 pm

alimohmand wrote:2) 25000 + 10983 (home office will only consider your net profit if claiming points under self employment)
Good Luck
Which one of the two(Gross and Net) is considered for a salaried employee?

Many thanks in advance.

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Post by aruni4470 » Sun Apr 18, 2010 10:57 pm

linkin wrote:
alimohmand wrote:2) 25000 + 10983 (home office will only consider your net profit if claiming points under self employment)
Good Luck

Many thanks in advance.
Gross salary for salaried employees and net profit for self-employed.

114. If an applicant is in salaried employment, we will assess the applicant’s gross salary before tax. This includes self-employed applicants who draw a salary from their businesses. If the applicant earned the money in a country with no tax system, we will consider his/her total earnings for the period.

115. If an applicant is self-employed and has chosen to retain the profits within the business, his/her earnings are limited to the share of the business’s net profits to which he/she is entitled. We will only consider profits made during the 12-month earnings period for which the applicant is claiming.

linkin

Post by linkin » Mon Apr 19, 2010 12:01 am

aruni4470 wrote:
linkin wrote:
Good Luck

Many thanks in advance.

114. If an applicant is in salaried employment, we will assess the applicant’s gross salary before tax. This includes self-employed applicants who draw a salary from their businesses. If the applicant earned the money in a country with no tax system, we will consider his/her total earnings for the period.

115. If an applicant is self-employed and has chosen to retain the profits within the business, his/her earnings are limited to the share of the business’s net profits to which he/she is entitled. We will only consider profits made during the 12-month earnings period for which the applicant is claiming.
Thanks a lot, Aruni4470. Highly appreciate.

One more question: In my case, a component of "Deduction" appears in two of the salary slips, towards travel arrangements (flight tickets for my family), that brings down the Net Salary for respective months.

Hence, I am worried if it will have any impact on Points earned.

Please help.

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Post by aruni4470 » Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:00 am

linkin wrote:
aruni4470 wrote:
linkin wrote:
Good Luck

Many thanks in advance.

One more question: In my case, a component of "Deduction" appears in two of the salary slips, towards travel arrangements (flight tickets for my family), that brings down the Net Salary for respective months.

Please help.
Dont think that will be an issue. But, wait for others to respond..

linkin

Post by linkin » Mon Apr 19, 2010 8:06 am

aruni4470 wrote:
linkin wrote:
aruni4470 wrote:
linkin wrote:

Many thanks in advance.

Please help.
Dont think that will be an issue. But, wait for others to respond..
Thanks a lot again.

As per you suggestion, will wait for other responses as well.

beecharmer1800bc

Post by beecharmer1800bc » Mon Apr 19, 2010 1:20 pm

Please help.[/quote]

Dont think that will be an issue. But, wait for others to respond..[/quote]

Thanks a lot again.

As per you suggestion, will wait for other responses as well.[/quote]

Gross income is considered before any deductions. It's in the guaidance notes too.

Hope this helps.
Don't waste your time working hard-work smart

fawzyyy3

earning question for extension tier1 (general)

Post by fawzyyy3 » Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:16 pm

hi,
am asking on behalf of my relative, he is applying for Tier1 (general) extension, his source of income as following:-
1) he is salaried employed (total earning= 35000 GBP) &
2)self employed overseas working on projects basis for routine systems upgrades (total earning=25000 GBP & transferred from dubai to his UK bank account)

Question:-
1) can he combine both salaried employed & self employed for extension ?
2) what documents needed for self employed?

3) the overseas earning paid every 3 months or 6 months, o mean not monthly basis. is it ok

thanks

136. on overseas earnings for extension applications. The applicant must clearly show on the application form which of the earnings were made in the United Kingdom and which were earned overseas. We will add the pounds sterling value of these overseas earnings to any United Kingdom earnings. We will then consider the total figure against the points-scoring table above.

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Re: earning question for extension tier1 (general)

Post by aruni4470 » Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:35 pm

fawzyyy3 wrote:hi,
am asking on behalf of my relative, he is applying for Tier1 (general) extension, his source of income as following:-
1) he is salaried employed (total earning= 35000 GBP) &
2)self employed overseas working on projects basis for routine systems upgrades (total earning=25000 GBP & transferred from dubai to his UK bank account)

Question:-
1) can he combine both salaried employed & self employed for extension ? Yes
2) what documents needed for self employed?

All the documents which can be and should be produced are listed in the Previous Earnings section in the policy guidance from page 25.
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... idance.pdf

3) the overseas earning paid every 3 months or 6 months, o mean not monthly basis. is it ok
Should be fine as long as the earnings can be certified by his accountant and produce the required documents

thanks

136. on overseas earnings for extension applications. The applicant must clearly show on the application form which of the earnings were made in the United Kingdom and which were earned overseas. We will add the pounds sterling value of these overseas earnings to any United Kingdom earnings. We will then consider the total figure against the points-scoring table above.

fawzyyy3

tier1 earning extension query

Post by fawzyyy3 » Mon Apr 19, 2010 8:20 pm

hi, i saw below statement from the guide , but did not understand, can u plz help me to know in case of tier1 extension , can I COMBINE OVERSEAS EARNING WITH UK EARNING (25000 GBP)?

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Re: tier1 earning extension query

Post by aruni4470 » Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:00 pm

fawzyyy3 wrote:hi, i saw below statement from the guide , but did not understand, can u plz help me to know in case of tier1 extension , can I COMBINE OVERSEAS EARNING WITH UK EARNING (25000 GBP)?
The statement clearly states 'We will add the pounds sterling value of these overseas earnings to any United Kingdom earnings.'

So, as far as I can understand one can combine their overseas earnings with UK earnings. But remember you cannot use the uplift ratio.

136. We will not make any uplift calculations on overseas earnings for extension applications. The applicant must clearly show on the application form which of the earnings were made in the United Kingdom and which were earned overseas. We will add the pounds sterling value of these overseas earnings to any United Kingdom earnings. We will then consider the total figure against the points-scoring table above.

fawzyyy3

earning

Post by fawzyyy3 » Tue Apr 20, 2010 1:58 pm

hi,
the uplift ratio for UAE is 1, can you plz confirm?

thanks

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Re: earning

Post by aruni4470 » Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:02 pm

the uplift ratio for UAE is 1, can you plz confirm?

thanks
Page 40 in the below link!!! Help yourself by going through the policy guidance thoroughly atleast once. :o

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... idance.pdf

fawzyyy3

earning question for extension tier1 (general)

Post by fawzyyy3 » Tue Apr 20, 2010 4:39 pm

hi,
i went through the url, just one question then over?
1) if tier1 (general) visa stamped into my passport and valid till 2012 April, and i did not enter UK till 2011 Nov. will my visa expire ? when the ILR clock start ?

thanks

robbyuk

Post by robbyuk » Tue Apr 20, 2010 4:49 pm

Hello All,

I am on Tier2 (Intra Company transfer) in UK and would like to apply for Tier 1. Can I show my earnings from tuitions that I have provided while I was in UK?

I understand that I'll have to register myself as a Sole Trader - Is it feasible & legal while I am on Tier 2?

Many thanks in advance!
Robby

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Re: earning question for extension tier1 (general)

Post by aruni4470 » Tue Apr 20, 2010 4:49 pm

i went through the url, just one question then over?
1) if tier1 (general) visa stamped into my passport and valid till 2012 April, and i did not enter UK till 2011 Nov. will my visa expire ? when the ILR clock start ?

thanks

1. Your visa is valid till the expiry date.
http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/faqs/5167621/2969423

2. You clock for ILR will start when you enter UK

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Post by aruni4470 » Tue Apr 20, 2010 4:56 pm

robbyuk wrote:Hello All,

I am on Tier2 (Intra Company transfer) in UK and would like to apply for Tier 1. Can I show my earnings from tuitions that I have provided while I was in UK?

I understand that I'll have to register myself as a Sole Trader - Is it feasible & legal while I am on Tier 2?

Many thanks in advance!
Robby
Dont think you can be self employed on tier 2

robbyuk

Post by robbyuk » Tue Apr 20, 2010 5:01 pm

Many thanks Aruni for such a prompt reply!

Can you please let me know if there is any way by which I can show some extra earnings while I am on Tier2?

I am falling short of just £750 to be eligible for 75 points :(
Hence, please let me know some way by which I can cover it up.

Thanks in advance!
Robby

hina kiani
Newly Registered

Tier 1 (Employment from two sources)

Post by hina kiani » Wed Jun 16, 2010 11:42 am

Hello,

Can anyone please assist how to show earnings from two sources i-e a collective document will work computing total earnings from both. I am salaried employee and also doing a project for anothr organsiation on 6months contract. Would that work?