ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

US tourist B1/B2 visa & Visa waiver

USA immigration, green card questions:
Employment based Green Cards | H-1B visas | Family based Visas | Citizenship

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

joh118

US tourist B1/B2 visa & Visa waiver

Post by joh118 » Sat Apr 17, 2010 11:07 pm

Hi all

I usually lurk around the UK visa area helping others but I need your help this time!

Basically, I am from a country that is on the visa waiver and I understand you need a biometric passport. My country DOES issue biometric passports but as my passport was issued at an embassy in the UK, this meant I was issued with the old, non-biometric passport. (as a result, I often get funny looks from immigration back home, because I have the old one!)

Anyway, I wish to go to the states for holiday and I was just confused to as what I should do, my country is on the visa waiver but I have a non-biometric passport...

thanks!

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Apr 18, 2010 2:59 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Marco 72
Diamond Member

Post by Marco 72 » Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:49 am

You only need a biometric passport if the passport was issued after October 26, 2006.

joh118

Post by joh118 » Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:35 pm

Marco 72 wrote:You only need a biometric passport if the passport was issued after October 26, 2006.
thanks, I would be grateful if you could provide me with a link to an official page perhaps.

saunderscolin15
Newly Registered

Passport

Post by saunderscolin15 » Wed Apr 21, 2010 2:50 pm

Hi,
You can get your PP changed. However, if it is issued before 2006 then you can carry the same. Have a look at the link london.usembassy.gov/cons_new/visa/niv/mrp_bio.html
hope this answers your question.
USAFIS