ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

POE application - procedure

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

nnchum
Newly Registered

POE application - procedure

Post by nnchum » Mon Apr 19, 2010 3:08 pm

Hi, I'm WP holder applying under Tier 2 under transitional arrangements in POE Croydon on April 26th.
Question: what is the procedure for application in practice? Do you have an interview with a caseworker and can give extra explanations/additional documents as required when they are going through the application or do you submit all documents and then wait for the yes/no?

arsenal49
Diamond Member

Post by arsenal49 » Mon Apr 19, 2010 5:51 pm

it depends.........

whats different about it (as opposed to postal system) is that they will be checking your document while you are on the other side of desk OR in the same building. so if they have a question, they will ask for clarification. If you cant provide them with clarification then they will suggest that you should apply in post so that further checks can be made.

If your case is straight forward and you dont have any adverse immigration history, then they will issue you visa pretty quickly, within couple of hours

regards

nnchum
Newly Registered

Thank you!!!

Post by nnchum » Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:54 am

Got the extension in Croydon office. The case worker was quite pleasant but a bit absent-minded, I had to point that it was not a new visa that I had but a tranfer of the visa from a previous passport.
The application was decided there and then with us sitting in front of the caseworker.

No problem with applying transitional arrangements A, I continued working for the same employer in the same job and have been in the UK for less than 5 years (short of 1.5 months), no questions came up.

hooray!

arsenal49
Diamond Member

Post by arsenal49 » Tue Apr 27, 2010 7:06 pm

congrats man!!!:)