ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EU1 approved, but GNIB wont register me..

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

pocketAces

EU1 approved, but GNIB wont register me..

Post by pocketAces » Mon Apr 19, 2010 3:18 pm

i received the EU1 result today and it has been approved, great news !
my wife and I took a day off work and went straight to the GNIB office, we queued 3 hours and finally we sat down and ready to receive my EUFAM card.

unfortunately the guy sit behind the window told us he can not register me as they havent received the letter from DOJ to confirm and they need the letter to register me...

my stamp 4 expires today and i asked what is my visa status for these day?
the guy told me they can not register me and nothing else...i am really frustrated.

i have been told that i need to come back after 3-4 days and i remember i read on this forum that people has waited 3 weeks...

is there any point for me to send a letter to DOJ and ask them about this?
if anyone who is reading this post had the same situation before, can you let me know how long have you waited after you receive letter and atually got the EUFAM card? thank you

do you know how long do i have to wait? as i have asked and they confirmed that i have to queue for a ticket the next time i go back...

i was going to celebrate today with my wife, now we decided to wait for more days and celebrate until i receive the EUFAM card.

i wanna wish the best luck to those who is still waiting for their results and to myself.

iluvireland

Post by iluvireland » Mon Apr 19, 2010 4:17 pm

hello pocketascss,
dont worry ,,,,give some days to them becos they got letter but might they did not put ur files to the system yet , its happened to one guy, they have to give ,,,, ur next visit to gnib,,

walrusgumble
BANNED

Post by walrusgumble » Mon Apr 19, 2010 5:18 pm

The department have nothing to do with the GNIB, but by all means give them a call. In fairness , I do not believe that there is anything sinister here and you will be ok, don't worry. Hopefully you can get a sound person in the dept or GNIB (there is such thing as them!) to sort it out

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Mon Apr 19, 2010 5:46 pm

I would have to disagree with you that this is not a sinister ploy.

It is a collective practice that has been taking place at the department and GNIB for a while now.

A friend of mine, went to the GNIB, and his wife (Union Citizen) was asked a question which could only be referred to as racially motivated overtones, and aimed at fraustrating EU nationals and their family members.

The guys wife was asked, where exactly were you born, when they have seen from her passport that she is a born UK national. They then went on to ask whether the guy was really the father of their child, which i find utterly irrelevant, and how her came into the country, and other stupid and pointelss question.

He was eventually told by the guys at Kildare that he will not be registered, as he is not on the system, and that he would have to come at another date, as they have yet to recieve instructions from DOJ.

Calling this an inept system, will be an understatement.

The department, servant or agencies employed to carry out the task of the minister, are clearly institutionally unlawful and putting the whole department into disrepute.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

pocketAces

Post by pocketAces » Tue Apr 20, 2010 12:05 am

walrusgumble wrote:The department have nothing to do with the GNIB, but by all means give them a call. In fairness , I do not believe that there is anything sinister here and you will be ok, don't worry. Hopefully you can get a sound person in the dept or GNIB (there is such thing as them!) to sort it out
i would love to give them call but unfortunately due to their work-on-going rule, they do not answer emails and calls anymore...

the only way to contact them is to send a written letter which i will do tomorrow.

hope everything will be fine

pocketAces

Post by pocketAces » Tue Apr 20, 2010 12:07 am

Obie wrote:I would have to disagree with you that this is not a sinister ploy.

It is a collective practice that has been taking place at the department and GNIB for a while now.

A friend of mine, went to the GNIB, and his wife (Union Citizen) was asked a question which could only be referred to as racially motivated overtones, and aimed at fraustrating EU nationals and their family members.

The guys wife was asked, where exactly were you born, when they have seen from her passport that she is a born UK national. They then went on to ask whether the guy was really the father of their child, which i find utterly irrelevant, and how her came into the country, and other stupid and pointelss question.

He was eventually told by the guys at Kildare that he will not be registered, as he is not on the system, and that he would have to come at another date, as they have yet to recieve instructions from DOJ.

The department, servant or agencies employed to carry out the task of the minister, are clearly institutionally unlawful and putting the whole department into disrepute.

it is very sad to hear about your friend. actually the guy i was talking to today was a bit rude today....i didnt say anything, just want to finish my business with them asap, hopefull i can get he card soon so i wont need to see any of them for the next 5 years.

walrusgumble
BANNED

Post by walrusgumble » Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:54 am

Obie wrote:I would have to disagree with you that this is not a sinister ploy.

Right get your facts straight. You got administrative staff going on half strikes or not doing their jobs fully and properly due to the industrial action (EVERYONE IS EFFECTED).

But ya I do see where your at. I, from experience know a foreign national who had a really hard time from the passport office in Kildare St, (long before the recent crap) who had great difficulty in getting his son his Irish passport, despite 3 letters from the INIS clearly stating the child's entitlement and 1 from the GNIB. THe passport office delayed as it was not on their records. Of course, common sense would say for the head to rign up or sort it out for the applicant there and then, but unfortunately, laziness, lack of care about customer service (which has spread all over this country in the past few years) and bureuacy kicked in and ran the asylum house. Eventually after my friend threatened legal proceedings (which i understand got the INIS jumpy and keen to help) the passport office got their sh*t together.

You better get used of being asked questions - the world has his mother knows that there are some people here who have taken the state for a ride, ie one current lady in the Supreme Court. You can't use the race card all the time. A garda has the right to enquire and ask questions if he is suspicious. Its up to you to answer. If you have nothing to hide and are in the right you will get what you want or at least via courts. If you don't like how you where treated report the matter to the garda ombusman. You get more common type complaints about facial prejudice, even if the Ombudsman does nothing, he will have a clear picture that there is at least a preception that facial tones are here and manners and methods would have to change

Out of interest what did the memeber of the GNIB say?

Unfortunately, passports are known to be forged, better safe than sorry. You might find the paternity of the child irrelevant but the garda does not, he can at least ask! Some people are chancers (not saying your friend was)

Now as for the last bit, not being registered, right you got a point. But he can do something about that!