ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Certificate of Sponsorship ??

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

asimali
Newly Registered

Certificate of Sponsorship ??

Post by asimali » Fri Apr 16, 2010 4:12 pm

Dear All,

I've mistakenly submitted my Tier 2 application on Feb 2010 version of the application form on 13 April 2010(new version of Form to be used after 06th april), & now I've decided to withdraw my application so that my application doesnt get Refused & thus my Certificate of Sponsorship remains Live & can be used with my next application.

I donot want to ask for a new COS from my employer as it would cost GBP 170/- plus additional processing time.

Please let me know if my assumption is correct about COS being LIVE & could be used with another application & your opinions/views/ suggestions in this regards.

All welcome...
Last edited by asimali on Fri Apr 16, 2010 5:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.

asimali
Newly Registered

Post by asimali » Fri Apr 16, 2010 4:20 pm

Any one plzz...any comments...

arsenal49
Diamond Member

Post by arsenal49 » Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:30 am

DONT withdraw it....not necessary

write a nice covering letter, attach a new application form with all the bits filled in.

attach change of circumstances form and you should be fine. make sure you write name, DOB, passport number and HO ref no. if you already got the ack.

regards

PS. thats what i would do if i was in your shoes

asimali
Newly Registered

Post by asimali » Sat Apr 17, 2010 5:50 am

Thanx Arsenal 49,

I've submitted application on 13th April & when I found i.e on 15th April the application being on wrong version then I emailed to them on 15th april to withdraw my application.

Becoz I have submitted all the paperwork from PAK & the paperwork goes to UAE for decision making process thus I cannot provide covering letter + new application form, the decision will be made only on the basis of the documents provided at the point of submission.

Now my concern is that can I use same COS on my next application if my application is withdrawn by me.

Ur views highly appreciated.

arsenal49
Diamond Member

Post by arsenal49 » Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:11 pm

im pretty sure cos remains live for three(or was it 6) months from the date of issue and doesnt matter when and how u use cos if its live.

wait for other replies though but i think you can use your cos again.

search ukba site to see WHEN cos is deemed expired and make sure you dont fall into one of those categories.

regards

asimali
Newly Registered

Post by asimali » Sat Apr 17, 2010 1:20 pm

Thanx arsenal,

I think COS is valid for 3 months from the date its issued.

But It says COS is issued for one application only hence I will conclude that 1 COS remains LIVE until an application is concluded by UKBA as Visa Granted or Refused.

In my case I'm withdrawing the application thus no decision is being made on my COS thus I assume my COS remains LIVE & usable for next application.

But I will wait for other replies on this post.

Regards.

arsenal49
Diamond Member

Post by arsenal49 » Sat Apr 17, 2010 1:52 pm

as far as HO is concerned, you have not made any application to them (since its withdrawn) so you should be fine using same cos for new application.

there is no harm in waiting for other replies but im 90% sure that you are fine here.

regards

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Mon Apr 19, 2010 4:27 pm

Hi Asim;

How did you sent the VISA FEE's? if you have used your credit card and the fee has been not deducted yet.. you can ask you bank to refuse the HO Visa fee request and they will automatically send your applicaiton back as INVALID.

hope it is not too late..

asimali
Newly Registered

Post by asimali » Sat May 01, 2010 10:06 am

Hi ramesh & arsenal,

Thanx for ur valued comments.

I managed to Withdraw my application today but Lost the fees.

But now there is one more problem I need ur help for.

My Certificate of sponsorship(COS) Assigned date is 25th March 2010 & work start date is 01st May 2010.

Now If my application date will be after 01st May i.e after my COS start date will it have any impact of my COS of being VALID.

Is it a must that application to be made before COS start date ?

I'm asking becoz Tier 2 Policy guidances states,

To be valid, your Certificate of Sponsorship must:
• have been assigned no more than three months before the date of application; and
• have a start date no more than three months after the date of application

Kindly let me have ur opinions.

Regards.

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Wed May 05, 2010 2:12 pm

To be valid, your Certificate of Sponsorship must:
1• have been assigned no more than three months before the date of application; and
2• have a start date no more than three months after the date of application
The above statements says all..

you should be fine as ur COS is valid till 3months from the date it was issued...

And it is not mandatory that you should join the work on the given date because in case if you even applied before 1st may and your application is with HO than u cant join..

HO is making sure that COS is given to a job position which is required to be filled in a particular time period not for job requirements which are 10-12months away..

i think you are good to go ahead