ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

zmk2

Post by zmk2 » Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:01 pm

batleykhan wrote:ZMK...... I think we should charge you for every question you ask.

I would be a millionaire by now. :lol: :D

If your wife has not been working, you put down her occupation as housewife.

You dont have to then provide any evidence of her income
also what amount of income is sufficient for a person living in pakistan
What do you want to know that for..Its irrelevant to your application
Batleykhan i really appreciate ur help. lolz u can charge me when my wife gets the visa.

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:38 pm

Batleykhan i really appreciate ur help. lolz u can charge me when my wife gets the visa.
Be careful what you say.My dream of becoming a millionaire might just come true.

Have you read my post on page 217?.If you have followed what I have said, you should be ok :D

zmk2

Post by zmk2 » Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:57 pm

hi there, Just wanted to ask. My wifes name is spelt different on the passport and on the english translated nika nama. The only difference is that there is an extra letter "Y" in the name. Will that be a problem or shall i get it translated and corrected.

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:30 am

zmk2 wrote:hi there, Just wanted to ask. My wifes name is spelt different on the passport and on the english translated nika nama. The only difference is that there is an extra letter "Y" in the name. Will that be a problem or shall i get it translated and corrected.
It should not really matter but you would want to know Y that has happened in the first place, if the person doing his job did it correctly in the first place

Just a reminder to all settlement applicants from Pakistan to expect delays in their application being dealt with as they can not send the applications from Pak to UK and vice versa because of the ash clouds from the Icelandic volcano.

All settlements applicants are dealt with by officers based in London and not Pakistan
:( :(

ifti12

Post by ifti12 » Tue Apr 20, 2010 12:31 pm

batleykhan wrote:
zmk2 wrote:hi there, Just wanted to ask. My wifes name is spelt different on the passport and on the english translated nika nama. The only difference is that there is an extra letter "Y" in the name. Will that be a problem or shall i get it translated and corrected.
It should not really matter but you would want to know Y that has happened in the first place, if the person doing his job did it correctly in the first place

Just a reminder to all settlement applicants from Pakistan to expect delays in their application being dealt with as they can not send the applications from Pak to UK and vice versa because of the ash clouds from the Icelandic volcano.

All settlements applicants are dealt with by officers based in London and not Pakistan
:( :(
Really don't tell me please I am still waiting for last three months? Where is this news com from? How did you know about this delay? Can you point out some authentic source? I think tier 1 dependent visa is also settlement visa. Right?

zs786

Post by zs786 » Tue Apr 20, 2010 1:26 pm

So are all settlement applications now being processed in the uk?? I thought it was in Abu Dhabi

zeddy zed

Post by zeddy zed » Tue Apr 20, 2010 1:53 pm

Can anyone tell me if its true even though i doubt it just wana make sure , i have been told by someone that they reduced the age limit for marriage visa back to 18 a few weeks back and the person who told me this as actually gone to pakistan to apply for his wifes visa.

But there is no news about this on the british border agency site, i think the decrease of the age was for only serving soldiers. And not for normal people.

Can anyone just clairfy this please.

thanks

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:56 pm

Here is the link regarding the delays to settlement applicants from PAkistan

http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/aboutus/ne ... d=22083124

Zeddy Zed

The age remains the same for spouses married to British Citizen ( 21yrs).

Are you sure you are not getting confused with spouses of people here on work permits or spouses of serving British soldiers as the rules for them are slightly different. :wink:

navalaviator
Member of Standing

Post by navalaviator » Tue Apr 20, 2010 3:58 pm

Really don't tell me please I am still waiting for last three months? Where is this news com from? How did you know about this delay? Can you point out some authentic source? I think tier 1 dependent visa is also settlement visa. Right?
Well i think you dont watch TV and i assume you dont know about the ominious havoc which this ash cloud has wreaked upon millions of people across the globe. :roll: :shock: :roll:
As batley khan has told that the settlement applications are dealt by Home office officials in the UK so normally all applications from pakistan are sent to the UK for processing and at the moment as the air traffic in all over the europe is crippled and has been severely hit coz of this icelandic volcanic ash so its not possible for the BHC and border agency authorities to send the application packs to each other by air. :cry:

Well i think at the moment the only way they could pass applications is by road or by ship lolzzz :lol:

A number of flights have resumed through several major European airports, five days after volcanic ash caused thousands of planes to be grounded across the globe.

A limited number of flights to and from Asia, North America and Europe took off on Tuesday, as airports reopened in central Europe and Scandinavia.
But the development came amid warnings of a fresh cloud of debris heading towards the continent, as Iceland's volcano began spewing lava and heavy ash.
British officials said London airports were likely to remain closed for another day due to the plume, although airports in the north of the country were beginning to resume, with its first flight leaving Scotland early Tuesday morning.
:cry: :( :cry:
Which is it of the favors of your lord that ye deny.

navalaviator
Member of Standing

Post by navalaviator » Tue Apr 20, 2010 4:12 pm

I think tier 1 dependent visa is also settlement visa. Right?
No its not a settlement visa its a non-settlement.

zeddy zed

Post by zeddy zed » Tue Apr 20, 2010 6:08 pm

thanks batly khan , i thought it was too good to be true , its just someone told me and that person believing it was true has actually gone pakistan to apply for his wifes visa. I think he will be disappointed.

Jameel17
Newly Registered

Post by Jameel17 » Tue Apr 20, 2010 7:26 pm

sabeen wrote:
anelka wrote:Its been 5 weeks since submitting passport after ECO changed his decision. Ive emailed 4 different addresses and no reply from any of them. My solicitor has told me there is a delay in passports being stamped. Anyone else have an update on their situation?
Its nearly been 4 weeks with mine...have been emailing uk hub regularly and on friday they emailed back saying that Gerry's will contact in due course with regards to passport collection. Not sure what exactly they meant, does it mean that the passport is ready for collection and they are done on their side or what?

Its so furstrating..it almost been 8 months of this unnecessary wait!!!

lets keep our fingers crossed and hope that our loved ones get here soon! :)
I had the same reply. waited few more weeks and then on friday my wife got a call to pick up her passport. Yesterday she picked it up complete with her visa :)

But now the ash cloud dsnt want me to see her. Im not confident with PIA clearing their backlog in time for may 2nd.

zmk2

Post by zmk2 » Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:20 pm

Hi there, http://www.ukvacpk.com/images/settlement.pdf

One set of photocopies of all
documents submitted

do i need to photocopie each document.
• Payslips
• Bank statements
• Certified Passport copy
• Decree Absolute
• Employment letter/ Employee ID card Photocopy
• Tenancy Agreement /Rent Book
• Property Inspection report
• Evidence of Communication between me and my wife

Do i need to submitt everything twice , Meaning original and photocopy.
What about the certified passport.
Please help me out, All ur help is appreciated.

zmk2

Post by zmk2 » Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:31 pm

I have put each document into a punch pocket, Labelled clearly,
so do i just add the set of copies with the original. Or do i keep them separate and label them as copies . Help me out guys.

Thnaks

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:00 pm

You submitt the original documents in one folder.

You then copy everything thats in the original folder whether they be copies or originals. You also hand this in as well.

The copies are kept with Fedex and the origianals are forwarded to the ECO in London

Dont forget to keep a bunch of copies for yourself as well. :roll:

zmk2

Post by zmk2 » Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:21 pm

batleykhan wrote:You submitt the original documents in one folder.

You then copy everything thats in the original folder whether they be copies or originals. You also hand this in as well.

The copies are kept with Fedex and the origianals are forwarded to the ECO in London

Thanks batleykhan, ur are a real help. May ALLAH reward you in this world and in the Hereafter

DO we have to provide 2 sets of wedding photographs,
http://www.ukvacpk.com/images/settlement.pdf

Two sets of detailed itemised list of
supporting documents
I now you have told me this b4, but just want to ask do i make the list my self or can i just submit the check-list on the link above Twice

Thanks guys

ifti12

Post by ifti12 » Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:50 pm

navalaviator wrote:
Well i think you dont watch TV and i assume you dont know about the ominious havoc which this ash cloud has wreaked upon millions of people across the globe. :roll: :shock: :roll:
As batley khan has told that the settlement applications are dealt by Home office officials in the UK so normally all applications from pakistan are sent to the UK for processing and at the moment as the air traffic in all over the europe is crippled and has been severely hit coz of this icelandic volcanic ash so its not possible for the BHC and border agency authorities to send the application packs to each other by air. :cry:

Well i think at the moment the only way they could pass applications is by road or by ship lolzzz :lol:

A number of flights have resumed through several major European airports, five days after volcanic ash caused thousands of planes to be grounded across the globe.

A limited number of flights to and from Asia, North America and Europe took off on Tuesday, as airports reopened in central Europe and Scandinavia.
But the development came amid warnings of a fresh cloud of debris heading towards the continent, as Iceland's volcano began spewing lava and heavy ash.
British officials said London airports were likely to remain closed for another day due to the plume, although airports in the north of the country were beginning to resume, with its first flight leaving Scotland early Tuesday morning.
:cry: :( :cry:
Watching TV is not the only way to update yourself. Yes you are right I don't watch TV. I thought everything is process in Pakistan or Abu Dhabi and don't realize the way settlement applications processed.

ifti12

Post by ifti12 » Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:53 pm

navalaviator wrote:
batleykhan can you confirm this?

nicky1234
BANNED

Post by nicky1234 » Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:23 pm

ifti12 wrote:
navalaviator wrote:
Tier1 is not settlement visa.Spouse visas are called settlement visas.

Nicky

nicky1234
BANNED

Post by nicky1234 » Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:27 pm

zmk2 wrote:
batleykhan wrote:You submitt the original documents in one folder.

Thanks batleykhan, ur are a real help. May ALLAH reward you in this world and in the Hereafter

DO we have to provide 2 sets of wedding photographs,
http://www.ukvacpk.com/images/settlement.pdf

Two sets of detailed itemised list of
supporting documents
I now you have told me this b4, but just want to ask do i make the list my self or can i just submit the check-list on the link above Twice

Thanks guys

Copies are kept in fedex?
From where you get these types of information?
really funny.
FedEx is simply a courier,They have no right to keep people documents.
I remembered when I submitted my documents long before they were packing both copies to Islamabad in a bag.

Yes this can be possible that one copy is kept at BHC Islamabad and one send to London.

rihanna
Newly Registered

settlement visa refused

Post by rihanna » Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:28 pm

hi everyone,

I have been reading all the posts in this thread for the past few days but can't find answer to my queries. I have never posted messages on any forum before so apologise for any mistakes!

My brother applied for his wife's settlement visa in Dec '09 and she received refusal notice on 07/04/2010. It was refused according to Rule 281 (ii) (iii) (iv) & (v). "There is nothing to show how, when and where you first met, evidence of keeping in touch, photos of you together at different times, or any evidence of living together"

Basically my brother just sent wedding photos and the dreaded phone cards. My sister-in-law rings him regularly from her mobile but the sim is registered in my dad's name. Also my brother stupidly put down on application that his wife intends to work when she gets here so ECO has picked up on this and says she has not provided evidence of English language skills or investigated employment prospects in UK.

Could anyone that has recently done their own appeal help? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I really wish we had done our research beforehand but cest la vie you live and learn.

nicky1234
BANNED

Re: settlement visa refused

Post by nicky1234 » Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:38 pm

My brother applied for his wife's settlement visa in Dec '09 and she received refusal notice on 07/04/2010. It tnewas refused according to Rule 281 (ii) (iii) (iv) & (v). "There is nothing to show how, when and where you first met, evidence of keeping in touch, photos of you together at different times, or any evidence of living together"
For evidence of contact these would be helpful.
1.Engagement photos or videos
2.birthday cards or any letters
3.Witness statement from your father,bothers or sisters that marriage is real.
4.Emails,sms,mms, or net messages
5.details of visits like flight ticket ect
6.Witness statement from your brother wife family
Basically my brother just sent wedding photos and the dreaded phone cards. My sister-in-law rings him regularly from her mobile but the sim is registered in my dad's name. Also my brother stupidly put down on application that his wife intends to work when she gets here so ECO has picked up on this and says she has not provided evidence of English language skills or investigated employment prospects in UK

Not a big issue.as according to one case law your brother needs £100.75 per week after paying accommodation and council tax.If he has this money when he applied then he can easily win on this ground.
What evidence you have supplied for accommodation?
Does your brother wife is educated? does she has any English Course or job experience?

If yes then send education certificate or job experience.

As I said clearly you need to prove you have £100.75 per week when you applied.

Also your brother need to write a his witness statement which would be used as evidence in court.

navalaviator
Member of Standing

Post by navalaviator » Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:10 am

ifti12 wrote:
navalaviator wrote:
Well then have a look on the following link to confirm.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/polic ... 1migrants/

navalaviator
Member of Standing

Post by navalaviator » Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:18 am

Settlement visas(spouse visas) are only for those people who are married with British citizens and all rest of the dependant visas are non-settlement.

rihanna
Newly Registered

Post by rihanna » Wed Apr 21, 2010 1:02 am

Thanks Nicky1234 for reply.
For evidence of contact these would be helpful.
1.Engagement photos or videos
2.birthday cards or any letters
3.Witness statement from your father,bothers or sisters that marriage is real.
4.Emails,sms,mms, or net messages
5.details of visits like flight ticket ect
6.Witness statement from your brother wife family
He will be sending engagement photos with appeal as he previously provided only wedding photos. Unfortunately they never write to each other just few cards. His wife doesnt have access to computer and he didn't keep flight tickets!