ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Success at PEO Croydon: WP -> HSMP -> Tier 1 (Non

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

bubblegum
Newly Registered

Post by bubblegum » Sun Apr 18, 2010 12:41 pm

Hi All,

Considering what a wonderful storehouse of knowledge this forum is, I thought I’d add my two pence as well.

I got my ILR processed at PEO Croydon this week. There are enough posts to walk you through the process, so I’ll just provide my circumstances, which might be of help to someone in a similar situation.

I originally came to the UK in 2005 on a work permit. I switched to HSMP in 2007, and then obtained an extension in 2009.under Tier 1 (G), but still remained with the same employer. I finally moved to a new job in March 2010. My total absences from the UK were approx. 140 days, and I did have one gap in employment of about 70 days, when I was on secondment outside the UK in 2009. My application was just for myself – there was no spouse or children.

The caseworker asked me to provide the following documentation.
1. Passport. I had one current and two previous passports with extensive travel history on them.
2. Letter from my employer (I got this from the new employer).
3. Proof of economic activity for the past 5 years. I submitted four P60s and one P45. One of the P60s had got lost in the post, so I only had a copy. I carried the payslips and bank statements as corroborating evidence for that year, but the caseworker was happy with the copy and didn’t even see the payslips and bank statements (of course, your mileage may vary).
4. Last three payslips and bank statements. I had all bank statements until Mar 2010, and I hadn’t received the April one. I had a copy of the bank statement for April 2010 printed by the branch staff on headed paper (but not signed or stamped). I also had just one payslip from the new employer (stamped and signed) and the rest from my previous employer.

Compared to the detailed verification that is done for some applicants, the checks on my application seemed very limited, and it took a mere 15mins from the time I sat at the caseworkers window to her telling me that she was granting me the ILR. Within that time, she took a phone call for 5minutes, and spent 3-4mins re-calculating my absences from the UK (even though I had provided a detailed breakdown).

I must also mention that during the past 5 years, I have been to Republic of Ireland several times. As you may be aware, border controls between the UK and ROI are practically non-existent, so although I had Irish visas, I had no stamps from the UK BA at all, and stamps from Irish immigration on only some occasions. I was worried that the UK BA may ask for proof that I was in Ireland on the dates I claimed – so I carried hotel receipts, flight boarding passes, car hire receipts, etc. with me. Luckily, this was not asked for.

Lastly, I must also mention that while my appointment was booked for 10.30am, I was actually called to the caseworkers window at 2pm. So while this may sound obvious, please carry food and water with you, and more importantly, ensure you book the whole day off.

All the best to everyone else applying.

Cheers,
Bubblegum.

Member of Standing

Re: ILR Success at PEO Croydon: WP -> HSMP -> Tier 1 (

Post by 1664 » Sun Apr 18, 2010 6:15 pm

Good Luck Bubblegum (Like that name)

And thank you for your detailed post.

Enjoy!!

shs213

Post by shs213 » Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:28 am

bubblegum wrote:
Within that time, she took a phone call for 5minutes, and spent 3-4mins re-calculating my absences from the UK (even though I had provided a detailed breakdown).
Congrats... I have seen in many posts the officer makes phone calls, do we know who they call and what they check?

bubblegum
Newly Registered

Post by bubblegum » Mon Apr 19, 2010 8:16 pm

shs213 - my caseworker was busy noting down lots of numbers on a piece of paper while talking on the phone. No idea what it all meant. For a moment, it almost felt like she was playing Sudoku :lol:.

pardesi
Newly Registered

Post by pardesi » Mon Apr 19, 2010 8:36 pm

Hi Bubblegum ,
Did you get your passport on the same day or they told you that it has
to go to shefield as they don't have stamp.

vinseh

Post by vinseh » Tue Apr 20, 2010 12:50 pm

pardesi wrote:Hi Bubblegum ,
Did you get your passport on the same day or they told you that it has
to go to shefield as they don't have stamp.
who said they don't have stamps in Croydon PEO? Croydon PEO has complete facilities for stamping vignettes and in the few cases where they don't do that it's only because of some more checks that have to be carried out.

It's the Cardiff office that does not have that facility, so they only casework the applications there and then send off the PPs to sheffield for stamping.
Last edited by vinseh on Tue Apr 20, 2010 5:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pardesi
Newly Registered

Post by pardesi » Tue Apr 20, 2010 3:55 pm

I guess i read Croydon as Cardiff. My mistake .. plz ignore my previous note and apologies for oversight.