ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

WP to Tier 2 general for a different employer

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

quest2010

WP to Tier 2 general for a different employer

Post by quest2010 » Tue Apr 20, 2010 1:24 pm

Hi,

I am currently working in UK for more than an year on WP. I have got a job offer from another employer who are ready to provide me sponsorship.

Could you please let me know the answers to the below questions:

1. If I get a Tier 2 general visa from this new employer, will my old WP be over-written immediately?

2. Would HO notify my current employer that I am no longer eligible to work on WP provided them? Would they tell them about my new visa and new employer details?

3. What are the different reasons for Tier 2 general visa to get rejected or application processing time increased?

4. When should I inform my current emplyer about this new visa - I want to do only once I secure visa from new employer. But I do have a notice period in my current company as well. So if I tell them when I get my new visa, I would not be eligible to finish my current assignment here on their work permit.

If somebody has gone through a similar situation and can provide me some guidance, it would be of great help.

Thanks a lot.

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:04 pm

1. Old WP will be overwritten once ur current employer notifies HO that you are no more working for them or when you start to work for ur new employer on ur new Tier2(G) (little tricky one).. pls wait for others opinion's also..

2. No, you need to inform your employers at some stage(mostly once u get new Tier2(G)) so that they can update HO; HO may or may not contact ur current employer for verification;

3. I know 1, Not sticking to the HO rules

4. similar to point1.

quest2010

Post by quest2010 » Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:17 pm

Thank you Ramesh.

So this means that before grating me a new visa for a different employer, HO would contact my current employer mentioning them the details of my new employment and application for visa for a new employer?

quest2010

Post by quest2010 » Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:58 pm

Sorry to be a bit impatient - but please could someone who has faced a similar situation in past provide their inputs?

Thank you in advance.

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Tue Apr 20, 2010 3:57 pm

quest2010 wrote:Thank you Ramesh.

So this means that before grating me a new visa for a different employer, HO would contact my current employer mentioning them the details of my new employment and application for visa for a new employer?
No, HO will not reveal any info about ur new employer or their details..

"IF" i say "IF" the caseworker working on ur case has any doubts about the Earnings proof you have submitted ONLY in that case he will contact the person you mentioned in the application to check the same..

so it is not mandatory that they will call to check it is only IF they have any doubts..

quest2010

Post by quest2010 » Tue Apr 20, 2010 4:48 pm

Thank you Ramesh. So what would you suggest would be the best time to disclose it to my current employer - as soon as I apply the visa?

Do you recommend that I go via a consultant to help me in filing for visa? If yes, would you like to recommend any one - preferably an economical one?

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Tue Apr 20, 2010 6:11 pm

quest2010 wrote:Thank you Ramesh. So what would you suggest would be the best time to disclose it to my current employer - as soon as I apply the visa?

Do you recommend that I go via a consultant to help me in filing for visa? If yes, would you like to recommend any one - preferably an economical one?
Ideally in the Contact details part to be provided you need to give the names of ur HR or Current reporting Manager.. i suggest you to give the details of the Reporting manager who would understand the case and keep it to himself.. if you have someone like that you can let him know anytime before you apply.. as HO/Caseworker will not contact anybody else..

I think if you have got the company sponserletter and Certificate of sponsership everything ready you can file your application by yourselves with the assistance of this board and helpful ppl here..

but if your company will pay for the consultant i can recomment you the one whom we(company) used;

cheers

quest2010

Post by quest2010 » Wed Apr 21, 2010 7:28 am

Thank you Ramesh.

If this case worker contacts any of my manager or HR, what kind of questions would they ask them?

Also, which consultant would you recommend?

Thank you so much for your help.

palani_ot
Newly Registered

Work permit to tier 2

Post by palani_ot » Sun Apr 25, 2010 3:18 pm

Hi
I am on similar situation as yours.
I got the sponsorship letter, waiting to apply for tier2 visa.
could you please advise me when should I apply for the visa?
When should i inform to my current employer?
Also I need to give one month notice to my current employer?
I am in confusion.
Please advise me regarding this.

Thank you