ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

What paperwork needed for working for self-employed person?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

kookamunga22
Newly Registered

What paperwork needed for working for self-employed person?

Post by kookamunga22 » Tue Apr 20, 2010 5:39 pm

I'm going to be doing some work remotely for my mum who lives in the US where I'll earn around £5k over the next coming months that I'd like to use to contribute towards my income when I apply for Tier 1 (General). She is self-employed, but she will be employing me and paying me over the coming months. What paperwork will I need to provide to support this income? Will a letter from my employer (who is self-employed) and bank statements suffice? Or is it more complicated because I'm working for someone that's self-employed and is not exactly a company? Please help!

Sushil-ACCA
Diamond Member

Re: What paperwork needed for working for self-employed pers

Post by Sushil-ACCA » Tue Apr 20, 2010 6:24 pm

kookamunga22 wrote:I'm going to be doing some work remotely for my mum who lives in the US where I'll earn around £5k over the next coming months that I'd like to use to contribute towards my income when I apply for Tier 1 (General). She is self-employed, but she will be employing me and paying me over the coming months. What paperwork will I need to provide to support this income? Will a letter from my employer (who is self-employed) and bank statements suffice? Or is it more complicated because I'm working for someone that's self-employed and is not exactly a company? Please help!
regisrtation with HMRC

BANK ACCOUNT

BUSINESS INSURANCE

ACCCOUNTNAT

kookamunga22
Newly Registered

Post by kookamunga22 » Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:29 pm

Sushil-ACCA wrote:
kookamunga22 wrote:I'm going to be doing some work remotely for my mum who lives in the US where I'll earn around £5k over the next coming months that I'd like to use to contribute towards my income when I apply for Tier 1 (General). She is self-employed, but she will be employing me and paying me over the coming months. What paperwork will I need to provide to support this income? Will a letter from my employer (who is self-employed) and bank statements suffice? Or is it more complicated because I'm working for someone that's self-employed and is not exactly a company? Please help!
regisrtation with HMRC

BANK ACCOUNT

BUSINESS INSURANCE

ACCCOUNTNAT
Hi Sushil, thanks for your reply! But I don't really understand your reply. I am not self-employed and I will be receiving the money into my US bank account and plan to keep it there at least for quite sometime. What do I do in this instance?

Sushil-ACCA
Diamond Member

Post by Sushil-ACCA » Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:40 pm

kookamunga22 wrote:
Sushil-ACCA wrote:
regisrtation with HMRC

BANK ACCOUNT

BUSINESS INSURANCE

at present u r in US or in UK ?

at which country income u going to claim for t1? uk or us ?

ACCCOUNTNAT
Hi Sushil, thanks for your reply! But I don't really understand your reply. I am not self-employed and I will be receiving the money into my US bank account and plan to keep it there at least for quite sometime. What do I do in this instance?

kookamunga22
Newly Registered

Post by kookamunga22 » Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:56 pm

Sushil-ACCA wrote:
kookamunga22 wrote:
Sushil-ACCA wrote:
regisrtation with HMRC

BANK ACCOUNT

BUSINESS INSURANCE

ACCCOUNTNAT
I am in the UK. I want to get a Tier 1 (General) visa for the UK, I am currently here on a Tier 1 Post-Study Work visa. I have a full-time job in the UK but this is earnings I will need to claim points for my income. I will be paying US taxes on this because the income was earned in the US, even though I did the work remotely while I was in the UK. Thanks for your assistance!

Sushil-ACCA
Diamond Member

Post by Sushil-ACCA » Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:52 pm

kookamunga22 wrote:
Sushil-ACCA wrote:
kookamunga22 wrote:
Sushil-ACCA wrote:
regisrtation with HMRC

BANK ACCOUNT

BUSINESS INSURANCE

ACCCOUNTNAT
I am in the UK. I want to get a Tier 1 (General) visa for the UK, I am currently here on a Tier 1 Post-Study Work visa. I have a full-time job in the UK but this is earnings I will need to claim points for my income. I will be paying US taxes on this because the income was earned in the US, even though I did the work remotely while I was in the UK. Thanks for your assistance!
than u need

Accountant

Business a/c

Sales summary

Net Income certifcate

bank statemets

thats all

kookamunga22
Newly Registered

Post by kookamunga22 » Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:01 pm

Sushil-ACCA wrote:
kookamunga22 wrote:
Sushil-ACCA wrote:
kookamunga22 wrote:
than u need

Accountant

Business a/c

Sales summary

Net Income certifcate

bank statemets

thats all
That seems like an excessive amount of documentation! I thought you only need to provide 2 pieces of documentation to prove each source of income. So if I provide my bank statements and one other document shouldn't I be ok?

alladinn
Newly Registered

Post by alladinn » Sat Apr 24, 2010 11:19 am

AS per new rules, u need further docs, as advised by Seniors