ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Working in UK but paid in India - on Tier 1, should I take ?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

rshelar
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Working in UK but paid in India - on Tier 1, should I take ?

Post by rshelar » Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:53 am

Hello,

I have been working in UK for a London based company on Uk payroll and have Tier 1 Visa.

I have not got an offer from an Indian company for role based in UK but I will be paid in Indian salary in India and will get allowance in UK.

Is there any risk of that making my Tier 1 Invalid ? I will still be in UK for 2 more years and they said any visits to India will not be for more than 10 days.

More importantly I want to know if there would be any problems in extension and in PR or citizenship.

The job offer they have is very good in terms of role and salary offered in india is much above average so I am considering taking it.

Thanks all

vks

Re: Working in UK but paid in India - on Tier 1, should I ta

Post by vks » Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:58 am

rshelar wrote:Hello,

I have been working in UK for a London based company on Uk payroll and have Tier 1 Visa.

I have not got an offer from an Indian company for role based in UK but I will be paid in Indian salary in India and will get allowance in UK.

Is there any risk of that making my Tier 1 Invalid ? I will still be in UK for 2 more years and they said any visits to India will not be for more than 10 days.

More importantly I want to know if there would be any problems in extension and in PR or citizenship.

The job offer they have is very good in terms of role and salary offered in india is much above average so I am considering taking it.

Thanks all
One thing to remember:
You can't use the uplift ration for your salary in India, as your country of residence and working is UK. So you can be the best judge to take the offer or not to
Regards,
vks

rshelar
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by rshelar » Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:18 am

Thanks.

So does that mean if I work in the UK for 2 years while I am on India payrol I cannot use the uplift ratio to apply for extension ? Not even if it is out of country extension ?

I guess then I will have to convert my Indian salary directly to GBP and use that for my extension ? which would naturally be less making not eligible for extension?

Am I thinking right ?

vks

Post by vks » Wed Apr 21, 2010 2:31 pm

rshelar wrote:Thanks.

So does that mean if I work in the UK for 2 years while I am on India payrol I cannot use the uplift ratio to apply for extension ? Not even if it is out of country extension ?

I guess then I will have to convert my Indian salary directly to GBP and use that for my extension ? which would naturally be less making not eligible for extension?

Am I thinking right ?
You are right!
Regards,
vks

*FC*
Member of Standing

Re: Working in UK but paid in India - on Tier 1, should I ta

Post by *FC* » Wed Apr 21, 2010 3:50 pm

rshelar wrote:Hello,

Thanks all
I totally agree with vks. You can't use an uplift ratio. Either get the whole salary in the UK inline with the UK labour rates, or take the risk of a refusal incase you don;t meet the salary criteria on extension.

FC