ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

11 months salary is sufficient for getting points

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Rao_Bang

11 months salary is sufficient for getting points

Post by Rao_Bang » Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:51 am

Hi Gurus,

Please give me your suggestions:

I do not have one month salary slip. remaings 11 months I have salary slips. the total 11 months salary is sufficient for me to get the points.

How to skip one month...
in the following period
june 2009 to May 2010.

I want to show 0 earnings for the november month. For the 0 earnings no need show any document correct ?

Is it correct way of mentioning in cover letter:

month gross net payslip
Nov 0 0 No

npanglia

Re: 11 months salary is sufficient for getting points

Post by npanglia » Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:54 am

Rao_Bang wrote:Hi Gurus,

Please give me your suggestions:

I do not have one month salary slip. remaings 11 months I have salary slips. the total 11 months salary is sufficient for me to get the points.

How to skip one month...
in the following period
june 2009 to May 2010.

I want to show 0 earnings for the november month. For the 0 earnings no need show any document correct ?

Is it correct way of mentioning in cover letter:

month gross net payslip
Nov 0 0 No
You can do that.
In case I would have been in your position I would have also mentioned in the cover letter that I have misplaced the salary for the month of NOV and hence not claiming any points for that period.

adityak77
Member of Standing

Post by adityak77 » Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:57 am

You will need to show 12 months pay slips.

Incase you dont have a pay slip for Nov, Just mention that there was no earning for that month.

But show one additional month in which you have received pay.

Note:- the 12 months pay slips should be in the 15 month thing when you apply for your visa.

So ideally yoou can submit pay slip of May 2009 as well

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Post by aruni4470 » Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:04 pm

Note:- the 12 months pay slips should be in the 15 month thing when you apply for your visa.
Can you pls show us some link for this information.

As far as I understand, if you qualify with one month's salary you can apply by showing just that month's earnings. Also one need not be in continuous employment in that 12 month period.

104. An applicant does not have to be in continuous or full-time employment during the 12 months being assessed.
105. An applicant may claim for a period of earnings of less than 12 months if they have earned sufficient funds to claim the necessary points.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... idance.pdf

Rao_Bang

Post by Rao_Bang » Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:05 pm

Hi Aditya,

If I will show for the May month salary slip instead of November month,

How it will satisfy the rule: single, consecutive 12 months earnings

Please advise me...

adityak77
Member of Standing

Post by adityak77 » Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:12 pm

aruni4470 wrote:

As far as I understand, if you qualify with one month's salary you can apply by showing just that month's earnings. Also one need not be in continuous employment in that 12 month period.

104. An applicant does not have to be in continuous or full-time employment during the 12 months being assessed.
105. An applicant may claim for a period of earnings of less than 12 months if they have earned sufficient funds to claim the necessary points.

This is fron the below link:

http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/howtoapply ... t#21982072

Attributes: Previous earnings (from 12 out of the 15 months preceding the application)

Points are awarded for your previous earnings from work for a period of up to 12 months out of the 15 months preceding your application. This applies to both salaried staff and self-employed persons. You may claim for a period of less than 12 months, but these earnings will not be considered on a pro rata basis. Earnings from salaried employment will be assessed before deduction of tax. If you are self-employed and the business profits are retained within your business, your share of the business’s net profits generated over the earnings period can be considered. If you take a salary from your business you will need your managing agent or accountant to confirm this in writing, indicating the precise amounts received.

adityak77
Member of Standing

Post by adityak77 » Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:14 pm

Rao_Bang wrote:Hi Aditya,

If I will show for the May month salary slip instead of November month,

How it will satisfy the rule: single, consecutive 12 months earnings

Please advise me...
Agreed, so just mention the same in a covering letter, that no earnings for that month of Nov. and just submit the 11 months pay slips.

I think this show be fine.

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Post by aruni4470 » Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:19 pm

adityak77 wrote:
aruni4470 wrote:

This is fron the below link:

http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/howtoapply ... t#21982072

Attributes: Previous earnings (from 12 out of the 15 months preceding the application)

Points are awarded for your previous earnings from work for a period of up to 12 months out of the 15 months preceding your application. This applies to both salaried staff and self-employed persons. You may claim for a period of less than 12 months, but these earnings will not be considered on a pro rata basis. Earnings from salaried employment will be assessed before deduction of tax. If you are self-employed and the business profits are retained within your business, your share of the business’s net profits generated over the earnings period can be considered. If you take a salary from your business you will need your managing agent or accountant to confirm this in writing, indicating the precise amounts received.
The paragraph clearly mentions that you can claim for a period of less than 12 months but they would not pro-rata that earnings and doesnt mention anything about the 12 months pay slips should be in the 15 month thing when you apply for your visa

milindsm

Post by milindsm » Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:44 pm

I think its fine to show 11 months salary. My friend did that and still got an approval. Just see to it that its not changing your points range

arsenal49
Diamond Member

Post by arsenal49 » Wed Apr 21, 2010 6:22 pm

choose the latest month of the total period you are claiming for.

For example, lets say you are applying on the basis of earnings made from Jan 2009 - Dec 2009. Lets say you are looking to accumulate 5 points for earnings. Add your salary in the month of Dec 2009, Nov 2009, Oct 2009. If it amounts to 25k then you dont need to worry about other months as you will be able to claim 5 points.

Keep going backwards until you have got enough aggregated earnings to claim desired points. If you are missing a month in between (Jan 09 -Dec 09) then mention that you dont have any proof of earning in that month and move on.

Hope it was helpful

regards