ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Gross salary or net salary ?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

robbyuk

Gross salary or net salary ?

Post by robbyuk » Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:36 am

Hello friends,

I have a doubt - I guess it is a silly one, but I still thought of asking it just to be safe :)

By going through previous posts, it feels that the proof of earnings has to be the Gross salary, but, some posts mentioned net salary.

Can someone please confirm whether it is the gross salary or the net salary which is to be considered to show as earnings to claim points for Earnings?

I have huge deductions in some of my month's salaries, so, my gross would be huge but net salary would be less. So, if only gross salary is to be considered, I might get enough points, but, if I use my net salary after deducting all my deductions (Tax, PF, etc), I might not be able to claim enough points.

Kindly help.
Thanks in advance!
Robby

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Re: Gross salary or net salary ?

Post by aruni4470 » Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:59 am

robbyuk wrote:Hello friends,

I have a doubt - I guess it is a silly one, but I still thought of asking it just to be safe :)

By going through previous posts, it feels that the proof of earnings has to be the Gross salary, but, some posts mentioned net salary.

Can someone please confirm whether it is the gross salary or the net salary which is to be considered to show as earnings to claim points for Earnings?

I have huge deductions in some of my month's salaries, so, my gross would be huge but net salary would be less. So, if only gross salary is to be considered, I might get enough points, but, if I use my net salary after deducting all my deductions (Tax, PF, etc), I might not be able to claim enough points.

Kindly help.
Thanks in advance!
Robby
It is gross salary that is considered if you are an salaried employee. Go through the policy document as many times as possible to get a clear picture of all the requirements.

114. If an applicant is in salaried employment, we will assess the applicant’s gross salary before tax. This includes self-employed applicants who draw a salary from their businesses. If the applicant earned the money in a country with no tax system, we will consider his/her total earnings for the period.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... idance.pdf

robbyuk

Post by robbyuk » Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:05 pm

Many thanks Aruni.
You have been very prompt for many of the questions.
You are a star :)

Regards,
Robby

keepsmilinyaar
United Kingdom

Post by keepsmilinyaar » Fri Apr 23, 2010 4:24 pm

Hi Aruni,

Stumbled upon this post. Have an additional question here.

When I put down my earnings for each month on the cover letter, what should I put in there since I have the following:

1. Gross Salary (X) before tax
2. Monthly Salary (X/12) before tax
3. Payslip - Monthly Salary before tax - Deductions
4. Payslip - Monthly Salary after tax - As displayed in the bank statement.

Was wondering which of the above should I show on the cover letter, since ideally I should be showing the Gross Salary before tax and then multiplying it with the Onada Rate and uplift ratio.

But thats not something directly reflected on the payslips.

Could you share your thoughts please.?

Thanks in advance.

RAhul

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Post by aruni4470 » Fri Apr 23, 2010 4:32 pm

keepsmilinyaar wrote:Hi Aruni,

Stumbled upon this post. Have an additional question here.

When I put down my earnings for each month on the cover letter, what should I put in there since I have the following:

1. Gross Salary (X) before tax
2. Monthly Salary (X/12) before tax
3. Payslip - Monthly Salary before tax - Deductions
4. Payslip - Monthly Salary after tax - As displayed in the bank statement.

Was wondering which of the above should I show on the cover letter, since ideally I should be showing the Gross Salary before tax and then multiplying it with the Onada Rate and uplift ratio.

But thats not something directly reflected on the payslips.

Could you share your thoughts please.?

Thanks in advance.

RAhul
Mention your total gross salary for the claim period in the cover letter

Also it would help the case worker if you can provide a past earnings explanation. With a tabular format of your monthly gross, monthly net, date salary deposited in bank etc. There is template in this sticky provided by chetanojha http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=46010

I did not clearly understand your statement 'But thats not something directly reflected on the payslips'. Did you mean that the total gross before tax for the whole period? If yes, it would obviously not reflect and that is the reason if you can provide a salary explanation, it would be clear.

keepsmilinyaar
United Kingdom

Post by keepsmilinyaar » Sat Apr 24, 2010 9:19 am

Thanks for your response Ramesh. Your advice does clarify a lot.