ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 Extension

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

paul.hughson
Newly Registered

Tier 1 Extension

Post by paul.hughson » Mon Apr 19, 2010 5:49 pm

Dear All,

I am from India and thought this forum would help me get clarification on the Tier 1 Extension earning rule i.e.

Is it necessary to earn GBP 50000 in past 12 months to get eligible for tier 1 extension for next 3 years?

And, if yes, is it possible to earn GBP 50000 pa for a 5 yr experienced Web Marketing Manager in UK?

Please advice and help me decide if I need to migrate to UK.

Thanks for your help in advance.

Kind regards,

paul.hughson
Newly Registered

some background info

Post by paul.hughson » Mon Apr 19, 2010 5:51 pm

I am 28 years now and would be 30 or 31 at the time of applying for tier 1 extension.

I hold a bachelors degree from India.

paul.hughson
Newly Registered

Post by paul.hughson » Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:34 am

Did I post this in a wrong category? Guys I really need some advice.

npanglia

Re: some background info

Post by npanglia » Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:59 am

paul.hughson wrote:I am 28 years now and would be 30 or 31 at the time of applying for tier 1 extension.

I hold a bachelors degree from India.
You don't necessarily need to earn GBP 50000 for extension considering your current circumstances i.e Age-28 & Qualification - Bachelors

Suppose you work in UK for next 2 years after your initial application, following will be points criteria at the time of your extension. (go through guidance policy for extenstion)

Age - 20 Points (for 31 and under)
Bachelors - 30 Points
UK Experience - 5 Points (Assuming your gross salary will be great than 25000 GBP)
The above sum comes out to be 55... which says balance of 20 Points which can be gained if your salary is greater than 35,000 GBP for last 12 months at the time of applying for extension.

Hope that gives some clarification for the futurs.

For Job market on getting a job for 35,000 GBP (Assuming applicant gets a job in time) - Seniors please advice.

Sushil-ACCA
Diamond Member

Re: Tier 1 Extension

Post by Sushil-ACCA » Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:16 pm

paul.hughson wrote:Dear All,

I am from India and thought this forum would help me get clarification on the Tier 1 Extension earning rule i.e.

Is it necessary to earn GBP 50000 in past 12 months to get eligible for tier 1 extension for next 3 years?

And, if yes, is it possible to earn GBP 50000 pa for a 5 yr experienced Web Marketing Manager in UK?

Please advice and help me decide if I need to migrate to UK.

Thanks for your help in advance.

Kind regards,

TO get 50 k job in general is though target

but many people r working beyound this salary 20 to 80 chance

paul.hughson
Newly Registered

Post by paul.hughson » Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:18 pm

npanglia wrote:The above sum comes out to be 55... which says balance of 20 Points which can be gained if your salary is greater than 35,000 GBP for last 12 months at the time of applying for extension.
Thanks npanglia! Much appreciated!!

So, I understand that I should be earning 35,000 GB in 12 months to be eligible for extending my permission to stay in UK for Tier 1 general.

Let's say I got a salaried job in UK at 25,000 GBP gross pay. Can I also add the payment of 10,000 GBP that I may earn in last 12 months as a result of doing freelance work to my overseas clients (They will pay me by Paypal Quarterly, which I can then transfer to my UK local bank account)? If this is allowed what evidences do I need to provide? If not, what are the other options to stay in UK?

Please advise.

Sushil-ACCA
Diamond Member

Post by Sushil-ACCA » Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:22 pm

paul.hughson wrote:
npanglia wrote:The above sum comes out to be 55... which says balance of 20 Points which can be gained if your salary is greater than 35,000 GBP for last 12 months at the time of applying for extension.
Thanks npanglia! Much appreciated!!

So, I understand that I should be earning 35,000 GB in 12 months to be eligible for extending my permission to stay in UK for Tier 1 general.

Let's say I got a salaried job in UK at 25,000 GBP gross pay. Can I also add the payment of 10,000 GBP that I may earn in last 12 months as a result of doing freelance work to my overseas clients (They will pay me by Paypal Quarterly, which I can then transfer to my UK local bank account)? If this is allowed what evidences do I need to provide? If not, what are the other options to stay in UK?

Please advise.
all most all have business income

paul.hughson
Newly Registered

Post by paul.hughson » Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:36 pm

Sushil-ACCA wrote:all most all have business income
Hi Sushil-ACCA!

I think i have not fully understood what you mean by business income (i hope you were referring to the freelance income i mentioned in my earlier post)...can you kindly elaborate more on this please....

Sushil-ACCA
Diamond Member

Post by Sushil-ACCA » Tue Apr 20, 2010 3:02 pm

paul.hughson wrote:
Hi Sushil-ACCA!

I think i have not fully understood what you mean by business income (i hope you were referring to the freelance income i mentioned in my earlier post)...can you kindly elaborate more on this please....
same

paul.hughson
Newly Registered

Post by paul.hughson » Tue Apr 20, 2010 3:58 pm

Sushil-ACCA wrote:
paul.hughson wrote:
Hi Sushil-ACCA!

same
So, does it mean I can also show the freelance earned amount as my previous earnings to be eligible for the tier 1 extension...?

Sushil-ACCA
Diamond Member

Post by Sushil-ACCA » Tue Apr 20, 2010 6:21 pm

paul.hughson wrote:
Sushil-ACCA wrote:
paul.hughson wrote:
Hi Sushil-ACCA!

same
So, does it mean I can also show the freelance earned amount as my previous earnings to be eligible for the tier 1 extension...?
ANY Income which is taxable with some exceptions can get earning points from HO

paul.hughson
Newly Registered

Post by paul.hughson » Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:44 am

Thanks much Sushil-ACCA!

fawzyyy3

overseas earning

Post by fawzyyy3 » Wed Apr 21, 2010 2:56 pm

hi,
the business earning in oversea is considered as self employee i believe, I am getting 40000GBP per year from overseas business, my questions are:-
1) how to make the 40000 GBP taxable, how to tell UK governement this what i have earned and i will need to pay tax?
2) what prove i need to show (documents) that i earned 40000GBP as oversea earning which will be transferred to my UK bank account?
3) will ii get points on overseas earning and combined it with my UK salary (assume 25000 GBP)

thanks

paul.hughson
Newly Registered

Re: overseas earning

Post by paul.hughson » Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:49 am

fawzyyy3 wrote:hi,
the business earning in oversea is considered as self employee i believe, I am getting 40000GBP per year from overseas business, my questions are:-
1) how to make the 40000 GBP taxable, how to tell UK governement this what i have earned and i will need to pay tax?
2) what prove i need to show (documents) that i earned 40000GBP as oversea earning which will be transferred to my UK bank account?
3) will ii get points on overseas earning and combined it with my UK salary (assume 25000 GBP)

thanks
I would like to hear as well

Sushil-ACCA
Diamond Member

Re: overseas earning

Post by Sushil-ACCA » Thu Apr 22, 2010 6:44 pm

u Need Practising accountant for this to sort it out

Business Accounts

Business registration

tax / vat / business insurance / other registration documents

bank statements

tax return fiing in UK

Sales / services summary -name address contact details of yr clients

sure, so long u follow HMRC rules

thanks

ukswus

Re: Tier 1 Extension

Post by ukswus » Thu Apr 22, 2010 6:47 pm

You do realize that the new rules do not apply to those who are applying for extension now?

PS Oops, sorry. I now see that you are thinking hypothetically, rather than about immediate extension application.

fawzyyy3

extension and ilr

Post by fawzyyy3 » Fri Apr 23, 2010 9:08 am

hi,
what about if i am self employee contractor and do overseas projects, will this be applicable? I mean combine salary and self emplyee contractor earning for extension application for tier1?

will this rules change after 2 years?

Sushil-ACCA
Diamond Member

Re: extension and ilr

Post by Sushil-ACCA » Fri Apr 23, 2010 10:54 am

what about if i am self employee contractor and do overseas projects, will this be applicable? I mean combine salary and self emplyee contractor earning for extension application for tier1?

YES

will this rules change after 2 years?

Time & HO will decide

fawzyyy3

tier1 earning extension query

Post by fawzyyy3 » Fri Apr 23, 2010 11:09 am

hi,
how long the HO usually takes to change the rules? 6-april-2010 new rules, when is the next rules changed?

thanks