ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Application Receipt Letter From Ho After Going For Premium S

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

deep
Newly Registered

Application Receipt Letter From Ho After Going For Premium S

Post by deep » Tue Apr 20, 2010 12:40 pm

Hi

Has any one received a application receipt letter from HO after going for premium serice at PEO croydon ?? The letter confims that they are holding my application and the letter says that the application is valid and they need to do further verification.

My application is under ILR JR, and pretty straight forward, all 4 years on HSMP and earlier on SEGS. Can anyone please shed light on similar experiences who received this kind of letter and possible time lines for decision

Thanks

Member of Standing

Re: Application Receipt Letter From Ho After Going For Premi

Post by 1664 » Tue Apr 20, 2010 1:20 pm

This is so Vague.
Haven't heard of this before.

Good Luck keep us posted.

hsmp_victory

Post by hsmp_victory » Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:24 pm

Can you elaborate your case? Were you employed for all 4 yrs? What documents did you hand over to HO? Any complications/ Criminal record/ Traffic Violations?
What University DEgree did you get your SEGS on? Was it a proper university or some college which is closed now?

deep
Newly Registered

Post by deep » Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:27 pm

The reason we go Premium is so that we get the decision the same day. Am i correct to assume that Once we appear at the PEO , they validate your application and when satisfied will debit the fee and then had over the documents and passport in the evening with stamp.

So if they say they need to do checks, they souldn't have validated an application. And also does anyone know about the strike situation in croydon PEO

Can you please confirm what validate means ??

hsmp_victory

Post by hsmp_victory » Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:37 pm

No, Premium service doesnot guarantee same day service, it says that in some cases they will need to do further checks.
Hint: If your answer to my last questions is yes then that is what they must be looking into and your application might not be as straight forward as it looks.
Even if everything else is ok they will look into the SEGS visa application you have made and that will either validate or invalidate your application. This means even if everything else is ok (valid), you used a bogus college to get SEGS visa and that will invalidate your application.
But this all is based on assumption that you did use a bogus college.
The checks they make before they debit you with fees is only to make sure you have filled the form correctly and have all the relavant documents. Then you proceed to pay the fee. The last step is where they "process" your application.

deep
Newly Registered

Post by deep » Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:43 pm

Let me make it clear that the thought of a bogus college did not spring up in my mind and so did not put it in the post. The university is one the reputed universities in europe established more than 100 years ago

hsmp_victory

Post by hsmp_victory » Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:49 pm

The I am surprised why you didnt get it on the same day. Just out of curiosity, would you mind telling me your nationality? It is ok if you dont want to.

deep
Newly Registered

Post by deep » Tue Apr 20, 2010 4:35 pm

Looks like this happened earlier . see below post by some one on the forum

""
Congratulations. My appointment was at Croydon office this morning at 11:15am. I entered the building at 11:15 although was advised to be there 30 mins before the appointment.

Person who initially checked my documents told me about the industrial action and possiblity of not getting the decision same day. I chose to go ahead with the application.

Waited there for 2.5 hours to be called by the case worker. Case worker was happy with all the documents (employer's letter, 3 payslips, 3 month's bank statements). She didn't take long as I didn't have any major absences. Few minutes later she told me because of industrial action they can't perform necassary checks at liverpool office and I have to leave my passports. They will do the necessary checks and post my passports back to my home address by early next week

I had no other option so left my passports there. I wish they had informed me in advance by txt/email about this industrial action going on today. I would have cancelled today's appointment. Why pay for the premium service if for any reason no decison can be made same day"""

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Tue Apr 20, 2010 4:42 pm

This was due to industrial action, not further checks on the application.

hsmp_victory

Post by hsmp_victory » Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:02 am

Now you have written what they said to you, and I am sure this is the case. Dont worry your passport should come soon. By the way did they tell you how long this industrial action will last?

viresh
Newly Registered

Post by viresh » Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:08 am

Do you know till when will this action go on. I have my appointment on 24th Apr

deep
Newly Registered

Post by deep » Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:52 pm

Hi Casa,

Were you saying that its because of industrial action now or are you mentioning about the post i quoted in my previous mail about someone's experience

Thanks

smkasim
Newly Registered

Re: Application Receipt Letter From Ho After Going For Premi

Post by smkasim » Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:54 pm

Hi Deep
I am in same situation like you.
My solicitor applied ILR in PEO croydon under premium service.
Home office issued a letter later that evening saying that the application is valid, but we need to do further verification.
Its been nearly seven weeks and I haven't heard anything so far.
I got a post in this forum with the title "Waiting time for ILR under premium service"

Can u say ,when did u apply and did u apply on your own or do u use solicitor.

lemafrique
Newly Registered

Post by lemafrique » Thu Apr 22, 2010 6:55 am

DEEP

My solicitor submitted on exactly the same day (Tuesday 20th) and could not get an instant reply but was asked to return yesterday. Reason given was that Croydon PEO had training on that day so they couldn't do it same day. I panicked but when i saw your post it reassured me.

Good news yesterday, we (family of 5) got granted our ILR yesterday by midday. So do not be discouraged.

Best of wishes.

viresh
Newly Registered

Post by viresh » Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:59 pm

@ deep

Did you hear anything from HO. I was under impression that Premium service means decision on same day if application is correct and straight forward. Well good luck deep