ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship timeline tracker.

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Deception-shy

Re: citizenship approved

Post by Deception-shy » Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:38 pm

dublin123 wrote:Hi guys got approval today

my timeline:

applied mid oct 2007
additional docs send like birth and marriage affidates march 2009
social welfare report send on jan 2010
sent to minister mid march 2010.
approval today

good luck to the rest waiting for their approval

thanks to everyone in this forum
Hey Dublin123,

Congratulations mate!! Well done...
I'm sure you must be relieved a lot...good luck with oath and cert

crown

Post by crown » Wed Apr 21, 2010 1:11 pm

Deception-shy wrote:
dublin123 wrote:Hi guys got approval today

my timeline:

applied mid oct 2007
additional docs send like birth and marriage affidates march 2009
social welfare report send on jan 2010
sent to minister mid march 2010.
approval today

good luck to the rest waiting for their approval

thanks to everyone in this forum
Hey Dublin123,

Congratulations mate!! Well done...
I'm sure you must be relieved a lot...good luck with oath and cert
Congrats to smalltime and dublin123

dublin123
Newly Registered

Post by dublin123 » Wed Apr 21, 2010 2:46 pm

[quote="Deception-shy"][quote="dublin123"]

hi,
thanks verymuch deception-shy and crown,,

smalltime

Post by smalltime » Wed Apr 21, 2010 7:33 pm

congrats dublin123 !!

dublin123
Newly Registered

thanks

Post by dublin123 » Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:57 pm

smalltime wrote:congrats dublin123 !!
thanks smalltime, congrats to you as well.iam in same boat.

IrishTom
BANNED

Post by IrishTom » Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:03 am

nanette wrote:I want some of that wine smalltime... :roll:

Congratz to you, goddamn it. :lol:

nana (The girl to bitch. Irishtom, you can suck it up!)
Cad a dhéanann cúram cheapann tú mé?

Seriously, do you think this bothers me?

If you do so, enjoy your victory.

Have a Guinness and scream out f*ck you IrishTom whilst waving your new passport around the shop if it makes you happy.

smalltime

Post by smalltime » Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:21 am

IrishTom wrote:
nanette wrote:I want some of that wine smalltime... :roll:

Congratz to you, goddamn it. :lol:

nana (The girl to bitch. Irishtom, you can suck it up!)
Cad a dhéanann cúram cheapann tú mé?

Seriously, do you think this bothers me?

If you do so, enjoy your victory.

Have a Guinness and scream out f*ck you IrishTom whilst waving your new passport around the shop if it makes you happy.

thats actually a good idea!!!hahahaha

bugu07

Post by bugu07 » Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:03 pm

what on earth decide who gets certificate. it appears that few people are getting it in 2 years whilr others are waiting for 4 years. i know a friend who is waiting from 55 months. no news yet
any remarks

HOTSPURS

Post by HOTSPURS » Fri Apr 23, 2010 7:07 am

bugu07 wrote:what on earth decide who gets certificate. it appears that few people are getting it in 2 years whilr others are waiting for 4 years. i know a friend who is waiting from 55 months. no news yet
any remarks
Applications made in 2005/2006 are processed in Dublin & take the longest to process & anything made after Jan 2007 are processed in Tipperary & take a mere 2.5 yrs to 3 yrs on an 'Average'

IntheQ
Newly Registered

Post by IntheQ » Fri Apr 23, 2010 9:27 am

HOTSPURS wrote:
bugu07 wrote:what on earth decide who gets certificate. it appears that few people are getting it in 2 years whilr others are waiting for 4 years. i know a friend who is waiting from 55 months. no news yet
any remarks
Applications made in 2005/2006 are processed in Dublin & take the longest to process & anything made after Jan 2007 are processed in Tipperary & take a mere 2.5 yrs to 3 yrs on an 'Average'
A friend of mine who is married to a Guard told me that DOJ treats applications based on Nationalities. Some are considered high risk than others. Don't know how much of this is true though :?

bugu07

Post by bugu07 » Fri Apr 23, 2010 11:12 am

I am not sure about it. I have seen people who applied in 2006 and got it in time. similarly people with same nationalities are getting responces with different times. i think all these things are myths. anybody who wants to comment

mad

Post by mad » Fri Apr 23, 2010 10:02 pm

The manner in which DOJ and INIS conduct their affairs has nothing to do with reason, logic and intelligence. Their lethargy and indolence knows no bounds and is only matched by their lack of intelligence. I feel very strongly that getting approval is like hitting pot luck and can be compared with winning the Lotto. SO asking why some people are granted approval in less than two years whilst other wait for close to 5 years is like asking why do some people win the Lotto the first time they buy a ticket whilst others keep on buying tickets all their lives to no avail.

I hope this answers your question.

9jeirean

Post by 9jeirean » Fri Apr 23, 2010 10:11 pm

mad wrote:The manner in which DOJ and INIS conduct their affairs has nothing to do with reason, logic and intelligence. Their lethargy and indolence knows no bounds and is only matched by their lack of intelligence. I feel very strongly that getting approval is like hitting pot luck and can be compared with winning the Lotto. SO asking why some people are granted approval in less than two years whilst other wait for close to 5 years is like asking why do some people win the Lotto the first time they buy a ticket whilst others keep on buying tickets all their lives to no avail.

Word!
What lies behind us and ahead of us is nothing compared to what lies within us

mad

Post by mad » Fri Apr 23, 2010 11:22 pm

Haha 9gerian my mate. Word ???

9jeirean

Post by 9jeirean » Sat Apr 24, 2010 12:58 am

mad wrote:Haha 9gerian my mate. Word ???
That means I agree :wink: How are u doing?

crown

Post by crown » Sat Apr 24, 2010 1:32 am

mad wrote:The manner in which DOJ and INIS conduct their affairs has nothing to do with reason, logic and intelligence. Their lethargy and indolence knows no bounds and is only matched by their lack of intelligence. I feel very strongly that getting approval is like hitting pot luck and can be compared with winning the Lotto. SO asking why some people are granted approval in less than two years whilst other wait for close to 5 years is like asking why do some people win the Lotto the first time they buy a ticket whilst others keep on buying tickets all their lives to no avail.

I cant agree less with you
The whole process is a sham and unfortunately we all have to go through it. Thank God it would soon be over. I know someone who left Ireland 18 months ago and it was sent to his address - though he applied 2006 But there are people who have applied in 2005 and still living and paying taxes in Ireland who were never given
Another fellow who applied 2008 has been given while some others who applied earlier are still waiting
It is a quite inconsistent process
Crown

IrishTom
BANNED

Post by IrishTom » Sat Apr 24, 2010 5:38 am

IntheQ wrote: A friend of mine who is married to a Guard told me that DOJ treats applications based on Nationalities. Some are considered high risk than others. Don't know how much of this is true though :?
My friends grannies mates goldfish says...

Unlike the asylum seekers get free cars and gaffs myth, this one, I hope, has an element of truth to it. For example, your average American has no real benefit in obtaining Irish citizenship. Unless he wants to work in an EU member state. Remember, Americans can visit all EU 27 member states for 90 days without a visa.

Now compare that your average middle class Nigerian(who are here for the welfare, 62% of Nigerian adults in the Irish state are on the social). Of course the Irish government should scrutinise certain nationalities applications more so than others.

Its simple cop on.

9jeirean

Post by 9jeirean » Sat Apr 24, 2010 11:54 am

IrishTom wrote:
IntheQ wrote: A friend of mine who is married to a Guard told me that DOJ treats applications based on Nationalities. Some are considered high risk than others. Don't know how much of this is true though :?

Unlike the asylum seekers get free cars and gaffs myth, this one, I hope, has an element of truth to it. For example, your average American has no real benefit in obtaining Irish citizenship. Unless he wants to work in an EU member state. Remember, Americans can visit all EU 27 member states for 90 days without a visa.

Now compare that your average middle class Nigerian(who are here for the welfare, 62% of Nigerian adults in the Irish state are on the social). Of course the Irish government should scrutinise certain nationalities applications more so than others.

Its simple cop on.
First off, I would rather have this discussion on a separate thread as it could potentially derail the focus of this great thread.

That said, the problem with such monochromatic, jaundiced view as yours is that it will always be difficult to make you see the bigger picture. What you still haven't got and I doubt if you are ever interested in getting anything, is that facial profiling and penalizing everyone, most of whom are hard working tax paying members of the Irish society is a stone age mentality to solving problem.

I would gladly volunteer more tax to overhaul the social welfare system, up-skill the semi illiterate civil servants that run our government departments, put in place a system that is efficient and customer focused, rather than targeting a group of people and festering stereotypes. It is an easy strategy that has been proven many times to solve no problem other than to appease to the deep seated insecurity and bigoted perspective of some people on people mobility.

The Irish government had every opportunity and wherewithal to make social welfare less attractive viz-a-viz a complete overhaul during the boom time, what did we have? The Bertie Ahern treatment - throw more money in and postpone Armageddon, so here we are now.

A couple of questions for you dude:

1) Do you know many of those waiting for naturalization since 20005-2006 have continued to provide hard documentary evidence of tax compliance to INIS on a yearly basis, and yet their applications are being ignored?

2) Have you taken time to read most of the submission on this thread and accounts of people who INIS were waiting on their social welfare report for months if not years and when the individuals contacted Dept of SW themselves they got the report in less that 2 working days?

Time for Ireland to cop on (to use your own words) and realize that cold shoulder treatment, institutional beloved or by God spreading lovely on internet forums for that matter is no way to deal with the reality of 21st century global community in which Ireland has found itself in and dare I say has profited hugely from.

Slan

9j

mad

Post by mad » Sat Apr 24, 2010 1:02 pm

9jeirean wrote:
IrishTom wrote:

Its simple cop on.
First off, I would rather have this discussion on a separate thread as it could potentially derail the focus of this great thread.

That said, the problem with such monochromatic, jaundiced view as yours is that it will always be difficult to make you see the bigger picture. What you still haven't got and I doubt if you are ever interested in getting anything, is that facial profiling and penalizing everyone, most of whom are hard working tax paying members of the Irish society is a stone age mentality to solving problem.

I would gladly volunteer more tax to overhaul the social welfare system, up-skill the semi illiterate civil servants that run our government departments, put in place a system that is efficient and customer focused, rather than targeting a group of people and festering stereotypes. It is an easy strategy that has been proven many times to solve no problem other than to appease to the deep seated insecurity and bigoted perspective of some people on people mobility.

The Irish government had every opportunity and wherewithal to make social welfare less attractive viz-a-viz a complete overhaul during the boom time, what did we have? The Bertie Ahern treatment - throw more money in and postpone Armageddon, so here we are now.

A couple of questions for you dude:

1) Do you know many of those waiting for naturalization since 20005-2006 have continued to provide hard documentary evidence of tax compliance to INIS on a yearly basis, and yet their applications are being ignored?

2) Have you taken time to read most of the submission on this thread and accounts of people who INIS were waiting on their social welfare report for months if not years and when the individuals contacted Dept of SW themselves they got the report in less that 2 working days?

Time for Ireland to cop on (to use your own words) and realize that cold shoulder treatment, institutional beloved or by God spreading lovely on internet forums for that matter is no way to deal with the reality of 21st century global community in which Ireland has found itself in and dare I say has profited hugely from.

Slan

9j
Dear 9gerian,

I fully concur. However, I would not dignify this bigoted man's comments by a reply. All I can say is that what will he say when he or a family member of his goes to the hospital and a hard working Nigerian doctor ends up saving his or his family member's life. Would he still have this bigoted view? Most of Nigerian people that I have come across are smart, intelligent and well educated. Most are doctors and engineers.

This man should just shut up and go clean toilets somewhere.

9jeirean

Post by 9jeirean » Sat Apr 24, 2010 1:16 pm

mad wrote:
Dear 9gerian,

I fully concur. However, I would not dignify this bigoted man's comments by a reply. All I can say is that what will he say when he or a family member of his goes to the hospital and a hard working Nigerian doctor ends up saving his or his family member's life. Would he still have this bigoted view? Most of Nigerian people that I have come across are smart, intelligent and well educated. Most are doctors and engineers.

This man should just shut up and go clean toilets somewhere.
That's the joy of the internet. It makes you come down to the level of those who you wouldn't dream of in real life, doesn't it? I am very well familiar with IT's antic and his diagnoses in all their differentials :wink: What I have up there wasn't meant for him, well not until he sorts out his underlying insecurity first. I was only hoping someone out there who is genuinely interested in seeing the bigger picture would see and share in that.

How's your weekend my good friend?

mad

Post by mad » Sat Apr 24, 2010 1:49 pm

Well I fully understand 9gerian my mate. I am fine. Thanks. I wish all my friends and all my fellow immigrants a very pleasant, calm and relaxing weekend. Relax today and work hard from Monday onwards to help your adopted country stand back on it's feet once again. Ignore the barks of bigoted dogs along the way. God bless Ireland.

Gandhai

Post by Gandhai » Sat Apr 24, 2010 8:52 pm

i fully agree with mads view.Some people in this country are so narrow minded and have constipated view point.As a matter fact natives of this country are used to be parasites of UK, USA etc and they have paranoid personality esp of govt. dept and that is the reason this country is in this place,god help them but i doubt very much that even he is interested. :?:

neo725
Newly Registered

PRES(TRAS)

Post by neo725 » Sun Apr 25, 2010 9:29 am

Hi 9jeirean ,
May I ask you for an advise about the PRES(TRAS) Part 2(MSQs)?What is the best way to prepare it?
alex1234551@yahoo.ie
Thanks

9jeirean

Re: PRES(TRAS)

Post by 9jeirean » Sun Apr 25, 2010 11:43 am

neo725 wrote:Hi 9jeirean ,
May I ask you for an advise about the PRES(TRAS) Part 2(MSQs)?What is the best way to prepare it?
alex1234551@yahoo.ie
Thanks
Will send a response to your email

Cheers

9j

mad

Post by mad » Sun Apr 25, 2010 2:30 pm

Good luck with the TRAS neo